F250 guy

F250guy carb rebuild. Photos

Here are photos of the choke enrichment valve, what do you guys think?

IMG_20200202_190336.jpg

IMG_20200202_190514.jpg

IMG_20200202_190520.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

Can't tell the condition of the seal, but it ain't broke... run it.!

59 minutes ago, retro said:

Can't tell the condition of the seal, but it ain't broke... run it.!

How to clean up and not scratch seal looks good from what I can tell

Edited by F250 guy

make sure all that looks like new before you install it...take your good time...and have good lights too...derf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will do, judging by the white buildup in the valve I'll get a new one, but I noticed an adjustment but I had to pull a bit to get it out and accidentally turned that nut should I be to concerned, if it had a choke plate it'd be easy to adjust, I'm getting a new cable anyway. 

Edited by F250 guy

The only adjustment on the choke cable is the clip on the left handlebar switch. The nut on the carb holds it in place and comes with the new SE valve.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, toodeep said:

The only adjustment on the choke cable is the clip on the left handlebar switch. The nut on the carb holds it in place and comes with the new SE valve.

Ok while on topic when I get the new one, will I have to adjust, if so how far seeing as there's no choke plate? 

Edited by F250 guy

As long as the valve goes all the way down it shuts off the port. The only adjustment needed is to give the choke lever a little free play so it doesn't try to choke it while turning the handle bars. 

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

As long as the valve goes all the way down it shuts off the port. The only adjustment needed is to give the choke lever a little free play so it doesn't try to choke it while turning the handle bars. 

Now I got ya. 

18 hours ago, F250 guy said:

Now I got ya. 

Here are some photos so far not nor outside scrubbing, still gotta get it ultrasonic cleaned. The primer diaphram looks bad. Meter diaphram looks ok 

IMG_20200204_095659.jpg

IMG_20200204_095106.jpg

IMG_20200204_100405.jpg

IMG_20200204_100405.jpg

IMG_20200204_100420.jpg

IMG_20200204_100352.jpg

is those ^^^ pics before or after ?, if before ?..you call that carb dirty ????..lol. thats clean from what i've had my hands on through the years !!..lol. if its after ?, i'd say its ok ?, but I get mine super clean, clean enough to eat off of !..lol. and this is without an ultrasonic cleaner, all by hand, and parts washer.

43 minutes ago, shadetree said:

is those ^^^ pics before or after ?, if before ?..you call that carb dirty ????..lol. thats clean from what i've had my hands on through the years !!..lol. if its after ?, i'd say its ok ?, but I get mine super clean, clean enough to eat off of !..lol. and this is without an ultrasonic cleaner, all by hand, and parts washer.

Those are as I was taking it down, but there's white residue where I can't reach with carb cleaner. This Oring is confusing me, to small for drain screw, idle mix screw has all of its parts, looked partzilla diagram, and service manual diagram, can't find where it goes. I have it as follows, clip in middle slot, washer, spring stayed in holder, so this Oring is a mystery to me.

IMG_20200115_233705.thumb.jpg.10a251d64c49ee88d70fa7e3c3bfe116.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

5 hours ago, F250 guy said:

Those are as I was taking it down, but there's white residue where I can't reach with carb cleaner. This Oring is confusing me, to small for drain screw, idle mix screw has all of its parts, looked partzilla diagram, and service manual diagram, can't find where it goes. I have it as follows, clip in middle slot, washer, spring stayed in holder, so this Oring is a mystery to me.

IMG_20200115_233705.thumb.jpg.10a251d64c49ee88d70fa7e3c3bfe116.jpg

i pm'd you the link to partzilla, showing you ( #13 ) in the fich what o-ring you needed, but it should have been in the shindy kit ( if you purchased a REAL shindy kit ? ), they do not put everything in one bag, you have to sort them out.

unless you put the O-rings in the wrong place ???, the drain screw has a groove around the end of it, you should see it once you remove the drain screw.

• Like 1

here is a before an after carb cleaning, as you can see, the before pic was just down right nasty !!..lol it was cleaned by hand. these are two diff carbs, but you get the idea :-).

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks man, I did get a real kit, just the sorting through part is bugging me crazy lol

IMG_20200204_174817.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

51 minutes ago, shadetree said:

unless you put the O-rings in the wrong place ???, the drain screw has a groove around the end of it, you should see it once you remove the drain screw.

I did, but I think I got it look at my latest picture. 

10 minutes ago, toodeep said:

That looks a lot better @F250 guy. They really should label small parts lol I finally got it. Ya take one thing off 10 more jump out and roll all over ugh 😁

hey 250, when you have time, look at your photo of the choke parts, the rubber part where the band clamp to the carb. it appears to be a crack there...maybe a problem later...just saying.  derf

4 hours ago, F250 guy said:

I did, but I think I got it look at my latest picture. 

pic with spring ?. that is not your drain screw !, that is your fuel mixture jet.

12 minutes ago, shadetree said:

pic with spring ?. that is not your drain screw !, that is your fuel mixture jet.

He had a couple quick questions about the pilot screw earlier in messages. Things can get mixed up when conversations take place in multiple areas as to the complete story doesn't get out.

25 minutes ago, toodeep said:

He had a couple quick questions earlier in messages. Things can get mixed up when conversations take place in multiple areas as to the complete story doesn't get out.

wellllllllll..he needs to post the correct info with the correct pic in post !..lol.

• Like 1