F250 guy

F250guy carb rebuild. Photos

Yes it helps but he is still learning the names of the parts, I think. I somehow missed his post this morning so a few private messages was exchanged later in the day to get a few answers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

pic with spring ?. that is not your drain screw !, that is your fuel mixture jet.

I meant I got it being the mixture screw figured out lol. I got the drain screw as well. 

39 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Yes it helps but he is still learning the names of the parts, I think. I somehow missed his post this morning so a few private messages was exchanged later in the day to get a few answers.

Thank you for the kind words @toodeep I posted the best I could while trying to make sense of what I had and cleaning the house, parts jumping all over, I had to re read twice to catch what was going on. Thank you from the heart.

Kinda hard to concentrate when phone rings dog barking folks arguing across the street your floor is carpet, and when little things fly ya get to hunting with a magnet on a stick and 300 power reader glasses lol that was my day. 

Edited by F250 guy

1 hour ago, Derf40 said:

hey 250, when you have time, look at your photo of the choke parts, the rubber part where the band clamp to the carb. it appears to be a crack there...maybe a problem later...just saying.  derf

Ya mean where the air cleaner intake boot slides on the back of the carb, that's a mold mark from when they molded it and the excess wasn't trimmed off 99% sure, it's been like that since I had it, but thank you for bringing it up to me, I'll look this weekend when I'm back up in Branchland. 😁 

55 minutes ago, shadetree said:

wellllllllll..he needs to post the correct info with the correct pic in post !..lol.

Not sure if your trying to poke the bear lol. I wasn't at our farm where my 300 is, so I had to work with what I had, small parts jumping and falling before I could picture them, YouTube helped out a bunch.

Maybe idk this paticular fourm setup, but I'm doing the best I can, my pet peeves are things not labeled properly and not the right working environment, Wich a desk and carpet floor do not make, yea I could've done much better at the garage, I only focus on one thing at a time, mentally challenged in that way, if to many things happen to take my attention away there goes my mood for the next half hour, but the dog barking, idiot neighbors arguing across the street, thin windows didn't help.

I open my email and 1st thing I see is your comment good sir, my day hasen't been the best, mirecle I got done what I did for what I had to work through and with. 

Please understand.

By correct info an the right thread, I didn't see a fuel system topic only engine and drivetrain utility ATVS.

• Like 2

Oh, we all have our days that can be better. It's hard to read that stuff online though so we just have to go with the flow.  The posts in this thread was jumping around some as you was trying to figure out where each peice goes. Having the multiple conversations in messages and then back to this thread didn't lay out the complete story line. It's all good and I probably should have redirected you back to the thread but it was a pretty simple question/answer so I didn't see the need. 

The joys of learning and trying to figure it out when you have the time to work on it. Trying to work on a machine in multiple locations also adds to the inconvenience factor. If there was no challenges in life, we would be bored.. lol Sometimes the challenges help with the learning process. If you have to work hard to figure it out or do it a couple times to get it right it gets stuck in the memory for life. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Oh, we all have our days that can be better. It's hard to read that stuff online though so we just have to go with the flow.  The posts in this thread was jumping around some as you was trying to figure out where each peice goes. Having the multiple conversations in messages and then back to this thread didn't lay out the complete story line. It's all good and I probably should have redirected you back to the thread but it was a pretty simple question/answer so I didn't see the need. 

The joys of learning and trying to figure it out when you have the time to work on it. Trying to work on a machine in multiple locations also adds to the inconvenience factor. If there was no challenges in life, we would be bored.. lol Sometimes the challenges help with the learning process. If you have to work hard to figure it out or do it a couple times to get it right it gets stuck in the memory for life. 

@Derf40 said it seemed like to him my intake boot from air cleaner to carb may have cracked. I'm 99% sure that's just molding flash as I call it where they don't trim it down, but he did bring up a point I thought on for a while, where do you get new boots intake and carb side. Granted carb clamp has a slot from factory. 

Screenshot_20200205-100408.png

Edited by F250 guy

The tube from the air box to the carb is still available from Honda and not terribly priced. The intake from the carb to the cylinder head is discontinued (it doesn't show on the parts finders but does when the numbers are ran through Honda) so it would be finding new old stock (ebay possibly) or used ones. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toodeep said:

The tube from the air box to the carb is still available from Honda and not terribly priced. The intake from the carb to the cylinder head is discontinued (it doesn't show on the parts finders but does when the numbers are ran through Honda) so it would be finding new old stock (ebay possibly) or used ones. 

Found the airbox boot,  eBay $11.65 and 6.95 shipping. I got to looking and I guess to get that thing out a man prys from the backside all around after the air filter is pulled out, I was surprised to see it didn't have a clamp.

Edited by F250 guy

They are glued in. If the rubber has hardened they can be a pita to remove sometimes but the new one is flexible so easier to install. 

54 minutes ago, toodeep said:

They are glued in. If the rubber has hardened they can be a pita to remove sometimes but the new one is flexible so easier to install. 

Pull the old one off and re glue the new one or just find a clamp?

If the old one is still good and not cracked I wouldn't mess with it at all. Find a clamp if it's missing and save some money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

If the old one is still good and not cracked I wouldn't mess with it at all. Find a clamp if it's missing and save some money.

Ok, question. Should the low speed jet be sitting in the hole this low? Snungged lightly.

IMG_20200205_143927.jpg

That's normal. Did you clean the carb yet or just test fitting stuff. You'll want all of that removed when you clean it.

27 minutes ago, toodeep said:

That's normal. Did you clean the carb yet or just test fitting stuff. You'll want all of that removed when you clean it.

I picked it up at 2:00 from my buddy who had an ultrasonic cleaner, it's all together, 2.5 turns out on mixture screw, you said to find a clamp, I have the clamps at the farm sitting on the 300.

I ordered the Red Kote  that will be here monday. When I install that hose if it's bad after the old one is off do I have to glue it back on or not, but I'll see if it's cracked or not 

IMG_20200205_150831.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

I thought it looked clean but yet the flash from the camera left a glare so I wasn't sure (it looked pretty clean to begin with). If it's not cracked all the way through I would just find a clamp and use it. Even if it is all the way through only in that area the clamp sits, the clamp will close it up and you won't have any issues unless the break gets bigger. You will have to make the call there since you get to see how bad it is.

• Like 1

I have the original hose full of cracks with me, Nalapa, Advance, AutoZone, Partzilla, Bike bandit, Honda parts nation, nobody had a size on this hose, so I'm curious what size is the ends on the one way valve on the float bowl drain hose, I might use that as a guide or go to Honda Dealer tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, F250 guy said:

I have the original hose full of cracks with me, Nalapa, Advance, AutoZone, Partzilla, Bike bandit, Honda parts nation, nobody had a size on this hose, so I'm curious what size is the ends on the one way valve on the float bowl drain hose, I might use that as a guide or go to Honda Dealer tomorrow.

3/16 ID should work just great, stop over thinking this !!..lol does it really matter if the '' correct '' size is on that float bowl line ?..no !!. its just a drain line..nothing more, nothing less !. i told you to buy some fish pump line from wally world, did you do this ???.

21 minutes ago, shadetree said:

3/16 ID should work just great, stop over thinking this !!..lol does it really matter if the '' correct '' size is on that float bowl line ?..no !!. its just a drain line..nothing more, nothing less !. i told you to buy some fish pump line from wally world, did you do this ???.

I'm on unemployment and 68.00 a week with my phone due next week, And they had 2 different sizes I'm assuming 7.62 will work I didn't get it cause I didn't have my phone to do the conversion chart. I'm stretched for $$ at this point for the month, lot of other stuff personally going on with family matters that are stressful.

I'm not overthinking 

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, F250 guy said:

I'm on unemployment and 68.00 a week with my phone due next week, I can only get one more thing before then. And they had 2 different sizes I'm assuming 7.62 will work, now that I have the original line with me I'll get some fish line. Not overthinking bud. 

i'm on disability , soo, i know what its like to save a buck or two !..lol. buy that line, it will work just fine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i'm on disability , soo, i know what its like to save a buck or two !..lol. buy that line, it will work just fine.

Sure thing 👍

Found it. 3/16 drill bit, was looking for a bolt in my toolbox. Tested size with a heat shrink tubing kit, I don't have a bit Gage here at my house. I feel happy, like an idiot, very sorry for possibly bothering anybody. 

Thanks JD.

IMG_20200213_210600.jpg

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, F250 guy said:

Found it. 3/16 drill bit, was looking for a bolt in my toolbox. Tested size with a heat shrink tubing kit, I don't have a bit Gage here at my house. I feel happy, like an idiot, very sorry for possibly bothering anybody. 

Thanks JD.

IMG_20200213_210600.jpg

Thanks for confirming the size.  Now when someone in the future needs to know, there is a good chance they'll find your post, even if it's years down the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Thanks for confirming the size.  Now when someone in the future needs to know, there is a good chance they'll find your post, even if it's years down the road.

I know right.