Two things (separate issues that I stumbled upon, like a bull in a china shop)

1) I posted a utility topic in the sport thread, realized it, re-posted in the utility thread, then couldn't delete my misplaced topic in the sport section. Toodeep helped me out somehow but I couldn't sort it out.

2) While posting and quoting toodeep, I mistakenly quoted the wrong post, then quoted the correct post. I was unable to remove the incorrect quote from my post. 

I cleaned up that thread as well to take all of that "action" out of it. The staff can easily move threads around so no worries there. I would have to look and see where the settings are for sure for the members to delete/edit threads. There is a short time period for it but once a reply is given then things can change.

• Like 1

This thread reminded me that we promised members the ability to edit their first post in a thread indefinitely. We gotta buy a plugin for that... so we'll need to run that decision by the members to get their approval. I'll make a post for that now.

• Like 1

My issue was, once I realized I posted in the wrong place, I couldn’t delete it, so I panicked I would be a moron for all time for all to see.

• Haha 1

I know exactly how you feel, I've done the same thing many times. 🙂

The way forums work permissions wise, only moderators can delete or move entire posts though. So once a mistake is made like that there's no avoiding the imminent egg on your face. Thankfully no one keeps score. 🙂

25 minutes ago, TRX Student said:

My issue was, once I realized I posted in the wrong place, I couldn’t delete it, so I panicked I would be a moron for all time for all to see.

No one should treat you like that or think that here. We are all equals and should be treated as such, we all can equally make mistakes. The staff is generally pretty fast so mistakes can be taken care of with minimum views. 😁 If anything needs taken care of don't be afraid to message or tag any of the staff members, that's why we are here.

• Like 2