shadetree

1988 trx300fw *SOLD*

For sale: one very nice , completely restored from the ground up, inside and out, a blast from the past !. this trx300fw is one very nice trx300fw. I promise ya, YOU WILL NOT LOCATE A NICER TRX300FW around these parts that look this good !. I am asking $ 3,000.00 cash on CL's, for forum members, you will get a discount ---> $ 2,800.00 cash. no trades, no payments, straight cash deal. the last pic, if you look very closely ?, you can make this '88 trx300fw out siting in the front of my trailer, this was the day I got it home, that is what this '1988 trx300fw looked like when I started in on it !.

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

Edited by shadetree
lowered price
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That started off as a $200 yard ornament with 4" of pine needles and pine sap on it. The original plastics were too far gone to save, but the rest of it looked solid enough to make it a builder.   Shade did an amazing job on it! 

• Like 3

Looks AMAZING! I must know... where did you get what appears to be a brand new seat?

5 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Looks AMAZING! I must know... where did you get what appears to be a brand new seat?

got the oem seat at partzilla.com

• Like 1

just a heads up, jeepwm69 helped out a ton with parts for this project !.

• Like 2

If I'd have known you'd be selling a mint 300, I'd have held off on restoring the one I bought 🤣

Jokes aside, that bike looks brand new! Well done you on restoring it to that condition 

• Like 1

I'd say it is worth what your asking , wait it out ------------  I think if you were to list it on facebook on the market place sites , you would get 100s of calls and or messages , but 85 out of 100 you wouldn't want , as they have a lot of chew'kees on there 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I'd say it is worth what your asking , wait it out ------------  I think if you were to list it on facebook on the market place sites , you would get 100s of calls and or messages , but 85 out of 100 you wouldn't want , as they have a lot of chew'kees on there 

feel free to link it there fish, but I wont budge ( much ) on my price !..lol.

1 minute ago, DuckOfDeath said:

Looks great, Shadetree!

ty !, trying to locate a blue right side cover for this '88 trx350d I am restoring.

I don't have any spare side covers left, but I do have a ton of parts.  I was building a 350 for my wife, but today I found a cheap 300 and jumped on it.  Now I just want all the spare 350 stuff out of my garage.  I'll be spending the weekend stripping down a 87 and 86 to list parts on Ebay.  Let me know what you may want. 

12 minutes ago, DuckOfDeath said:

I don't have any spare side covers left, but I do have a ton of parts.  I was building a 350 for my wife, but today I found a cheap 300 and jumped on it.  Now I just want all the spare 350 stuff out of my garage.  I'll be spending the weekend stripping down a 87 and 86 to list parts on Ebay.  Let me know what you may want. 

all I need right now is the right side cover, the atv is pretty much whole. if I need any parts other than the side cover ?, my bud has that covered big time !..lol. been working with him for about 25-26 yrs ?, he's got a gold mine out at his place for me..lol. does not cost me anything cept to work it off, or free !..lol.

lowered price to $ 2.500.00 for members here, if ya have to make a long drive to come get it ?, i'll work with ya on price !. surely someone here wants a mint '88 trx300fw for show ??..lol.

!, I sold that 300 I picked up last fall in less than 24 hours a few weeks back for $1500. Made $650 on that deal.  Have you listed it on the marketplace and the Honda 300 facebook group? Those guys pay stupid money for mint 300's. I'm currently liquidating all but my bike (350) and one 350 project I've had on the back burner for awhile.

15 hours ago, DuckOfDeath said:

!, I sold that 300 I picked up last fall in less than 24 hours a few weeks back for $1500. Made $650 on that deal.  Have you listed it on the marketplace and the Honda 300 facebook group? Those guys pay stupid money for mint 300's. I'm currently liquidating all but my bike (350) and one 350 project I've had on the back burner for awhile.

1500 is giving them away, this is not a 1500 atv !..lol. no, i do not have it listed on facebook, i do not mess with facebook.

13 minutes ago, shadetree said:

1500 is giving them away, this is not a 1500 atv !..lol. no, i do not have it listed on facebook, i do not mess with facebook.

I took the liberty of posting a link to your facebook ad to the Arkansas ATV Trader page on bookface.  Spring is coming.  That will bring out the buyers.

27 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I took the liberty of posting a link to your facebook ad to the Arkansas ATV Trader page on bookface.  Spring is coming.  That will bring out the buyers.

haha, well, just got a call from some one local, his son's birthday is coming up in march, and wants to buy it for him, we'll see ?..lol. i got the price at 2,500.00 , i will not go any lower for anyone outside of our forum members.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, shadetree said:

haha, well, just got a call from some one local, his son's birthday is coming up in march, and wants to buy it for him, we'll see ?..lol. i got the price at 2,500.00 , i will not go any lower for anyone outside of our forum members.

I don't blame you.  They can go buy a new Recon for around $4K, which would be 2wd and not nearly as reliable as that 300, or they can buy a new 300 for $2500.  No brainer.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I don't blame you.  They can go buy a new Recon for around $4K, which would be 2wd and not nearly as reliable as that 300, or they can buy a new 300 for $2500.  No brainer.

yep, guy agree's my pics look very good, said up front would not even try to haggle my asking price, told him straight up, dont ask for a lower price, he said he would not even try !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I felt $1500 for the 300 I had was a fair price.  I probably could have got more but I was happy with what I got and how quickly it sold.  The guy who sold it to me for $800 gave it away.  All I did was change the oil/filter and spend $75 on a new side cover, oem decal and a used heel guard .I kept the tool kit to put in my 350D.  I sold my jon boat and motor Sunday in under 5 hours.  Probably could have got more for it too, but I was motivated. The cash from those sales helped me purchase an awesome boat this evening.  Going to be a great summer on the local rivers w/ my new jet drive on a 1856 Blazzer SS!

3 hours ago, DuckOfDeath said:

I felt $1500 for the 300 I had was a fair price.  I probably could have got more but I was happy with what I got and how quickly it sold.  The guy who sold it to me for $800 gave it away.  All I did was change the oil/filter and spend $75 on a new side cover, oem decal and a used heel guard .I kept the tool kit to put in my 350D.  I sold my jon boat and motor Sunday in under 5 hours.  Probably could have got more for it too, but I was motivated. The cash from those sales helped me purchase an awesome boat this evening.  Going to be a great summer on the local rivers w/ my new jet drive on a 1856 Blazzer SS!

lol, i've got a brand new 14 ft alum boat, with a brand new mercury 25 hp, 4-stroke, brand new '15 yamaha waverunner, ho cruiser , with about 15 hrs on it ?, plenty of toys, just no time to enjoy them !..lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DuckOfDeath said:

Going to be a great summer on the local rivers w/ my new jet drive on a 1856 Blazzer SS!

Pics or it didn't happen! 🙂

I'll create a post in the general forum to post pics so I don't hijack Shade's thread any more than I already have.

• Like 1