RanchHand420

350d clutch adjustment

The clutch dosnt seem to engage as much as it should. Im wondering if i can get it working better by decreasing the play. Im assuming that i need to loosen the nut then adjust the bolt. But any pointers as to how much i should adjust at a time, if i should increase or decrease play, or if this has nothing to do with the clutch and i need to stop, please let me know

1580922730567-217123204.jpg

Most of the Honda engines adjust the same way.  Loosen the nut then turn the screw counterclockwise until you feel pressure.  Then turn clockwise around a quarter turn, tighten the nut back down while holding the screw so it doesn't turn.  At least that's how my 450 manual says so bet yours will be very similar....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It adjusts the play in the shift pedal and how far it push in the clutch to disengage it while shifting. The correct setting would be loosen lock nut, screw it out (counterclockwise) until slight resistance is felt and then 1/4 turn in (clockwise). If adjusted improperly it is possible it can hold pressure on the clutch and make them slip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great news, hopefully all your fixes will be this easy...😀

14 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Great news, hopefully all your fixes will be this easy...😀

Im so glad shade invited me to this fourm. It sure has helped getting advice from people that know what there doing. 

• Like 4

On 2/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, RanchHand420 said:

Im so glad shade invited me to this fourm. It sure has helped getting advice from people that know what there doing. 

well thank you very much bro !, its good to have you here !. we got some great members here that deff know what they are doing when it comes to working on atvs ( honda mostly for me..lol ).