F250 guy

Carb rebuild 93 Honda 300 Fourtrax.

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Im a big believer in sea foam ........ Odd how . There's been no talk of Stabil gas treatment .... I use that in each container of gasoline ... Haven't had a single (2 stroke or 4 stroke) carb issue in more then 11 years....

sea foam is NOT the answer !. sure..it may cut down on troubles ?, BUT IT WONT SOLVE THEM IF LEFT TOO LONG ?!. want to keep things good ?, either drain the tank ?, drain the carb, or run it dry ?, or, keep the tanks full at all times, and use sta-bil, but even sta-bil wont solve long term problems.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shadetree said:

sea foam is NOT the answer !. sure..it may cut down on troubles ?, BUT IT WONT SOLVE THEM IF LEFT TOO LONG ?!. want to keep things good ?, either drain the tank ?, drain the carb, or run it dry ?, or, keep the tanks full at all times, and use sta-bil, but even sta-bil wont solve long term problems.

Non Ethanol fuel with Seafoam is about the best thing I can think of. Going to get Red Kote tomorrow or Saturday to start prepping the tank on the 300 Sunday. While doing that I'll rebuild the carb. 

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

Somebody told me in my carb rebuild thread I think before I even took the carb off for rebuild, the throttle plate had to be 12 thousands, personally I don't think so, but here is a photo with no flash. Just posting to get opinions from everyone. Even though I think adjust till running.

IMG_20200205_165035.jpg

Edited by F250 guy

It looks fine. The initial setting is just a starting point, you may need to adjust the idle speed once its running.

Just an FYI... I tried to merge your post into your carb thread but it worked the opposite of what I expected. So I had to move the thread back here in the utility section.

1 hour ago, retro said:

It looks fine. The initial setting is just a starting point, you may need to adjust the idle speed once its running.

Just an FYI... I tried to merge your post into your carb thread but it worked the opposite of what I expected. So I had to move the thread back here in the utility section.

Ok thank ya and yea I know but asked for the person that told me 12 thousands. 

That was me earlier in this thread... 0.012" gap in the butterfly is just a wild guess though.

The way I set them initially is, I open them so the edge of the butterfly is overtop of the back edge of the exposed idle port, paying no attention to the gap. As others have mentioned it really doesn't matter where the idle speed screw is set initially, as long as you have the butterfly cracked open enough that it isn't hitting the tip of the pilot screw when the pilot is seated lightly. Once the motor starts you must adjust the idle speed anyway...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1