Wheeler

Splitting Cases... Literally!

Have a great weekend Wheeler! Be safe and bring us back some pics!

• Like 1

I don't know Wheeler , looks and sounds  to me like your tach is doubling up .... do you have it on the correct setting for a one cylinder ? 

• Like 1

Thanks retro. We had a great week end!

Fish.. I thought it was weird too.. not sure what went on in the video.. it seemed to smarten up. I went thru it & made sure it was set rite...seems ok now..

The quad ran fantastic. I think better than before to be honest. I had one issue.... The front left bolt on the valve cover must be stripped. It leaked oil bad.. I tried to snug it down but kept turning. Going to pull the valve cover tomorrow. I'll see what I can find on the rocker dowel arms too. I noticed the passenger side wheel had movement, so i'll have to investigate...Other than that, everything seemed to be 110%. As mentioned on the locker thread, it worked fantastic. I love it!

• Like 2

Well I must say, I stand corrected! I pulled the valve cover, resealed & just used a 1/4” threaded rod with double nut to fix the stripped bolt for now. (Long story). However I re checked the valve clearance. The exhaust seemed loose. Don’t ask me why... I had checked it before. Well it fires right up but will need lil adjustment on the fuel screw as the motor is now wayyy quieter but idle had went down a lot. So yes, I guess it was noisy! Sorry fellas! 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

Well this is weird! the valve cover seems to be leaking in the exact same spot. Right below the bolt where the copper washer is on the valve cover. Everything was super clean before I applied the Honda bond. I also let it sit for a short time before I thightened it down. 

I have to be missing something?? It never leaked before I pulled the engine out to fix it...

Then the carb started to leak from the over flow. I pulled the carb checked the float, put it back on, & same thing. 

so anther week end in the bush that I can’t use my quad. Getting frustrated that’s for sure!

Wheeler is it actually leaking from under the sealing washer ??? If so , then maybe shine the flat surface of the washer with some 400 grit sand paper , also wonder if you have the right washer 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wheeler is it actually leaking from under the sealing washer ??? If so , then maybe shine the flat surface of the washer with some 400 grit sand paper , also wonder if you have the right washer 

ive looked but it sure appears dry. I’ll investigate more when I get home from camping this evening.

One thing I forgot to mention to everyone, is a good bad wierd thing that happened after reinstall & use.... 

I never adjusted or modified the reverse cable in any way... I have since the rebuild been able to just click down into revere without the cable & red button. & I’m not gonna change it either. I love it. I know it’s there & could go bad not paying attention, but I consciously am aware Of how it works now!! Love it!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

One thing I forgot to mention to everyone, is a good bad wierd thing that happened after reinstall & use.... 

I never adjusted or modified the reverse cable in any way... I have since the rebuild been able to just click down into revere without the cable & red button. & I’m not gonna change it either. I love it. I know it’s there & could go bad not paying attention, but I consciously am aware Of how it works now!! Love it!!

Previous owner said mine did that...then he did something and it was fixed. 

He was disappointed.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Reverse lock out by-pass is ok with me , I love it also , and wouldn't want it any other way  , but I don't let any one ride my bikes  .... couple of ways to do it , easiest way is adjusting the two 10mm jam nuts on the reverse cable at the crankcase 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes I did mine also and love it, especially when plowing snow.  I just put a small piece of rubber tubing in there, simple fix....also no one else drives mine either so... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wheeler said:

would this have anything to do with the rear brake delete ? both of mine are still stock... granted it is kind of bothersome....but why tinker with something when it works good ... but i would love disk brakes n the front ! I'm not one  those that choose to hit a tree, or someone else's bike to slow, or stop... lol 

• Like 1

No has nothing to do with the rear brake delete, rather the cable adjustment. Somehow (unsure how) it either stretched or moved. But I like it! Actually a great mod! Lol

• Thanks 1