rustynut2

Old site guy

Thanks, Glad you guys got this one up and running. I didn't think it was going to happen after watching the build phase.

Welcome Rusty' , make your self feel at home , you should fit right in , we have a couple of nuts already ----   what took you so long  ??? 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, Fishfiles said:

Welcome Rusty' , make your self feel at home , you should fit right in , we have a couple of nuts already ----   what took you so long  ??? 

I was signed up on the building phase of this site but lost track of the the link at work. For a while there I thought you all would come back after teaching them a lesson

They didn't learn a lesson, they just added more pop up in your face stuff. I'm still semi active on the Foreman forum and I have had replies deleted because of a random update while I was posting, pop up wanting push notifications and now a survey to see what they did wrong, page loads are slower than ______ and on and on. I worked with those people for many years. They took the "with" out and made it "for" so I had no problem moving on. This forum is set up like that one was at one time. The members using it make the decisions on what is needed/wanted and what isn't. Member funded to keep it an ad free environment and keep it OUR forum and not just a money maker for a big company. I was ready to give up on forums all together until I was notified of this forum build going on. I poked my head in and got drug through the door.. lol  I love the forum atmosphere when it comes to helping others on repairs (something FB can not duplicate), I like helping others and sharing what I have learned along the way and making friends I will probably never see or talk to in person so it didn't take much to get me to help with making this forum come to life.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, rustynut2 said:

For a while there I thought you all would come back after teaching them a lesson

We did come back! We have learned all of those usery-for-profit lessons from our past experiences very well! This site does not have a single "owner", not a single boss or head honch that can be targeted by a buyout corp, or swatted into submission by force. We have organized like a swarm of honey bees having killed their queen! Welcome to ATVHonda responsible co-owner! 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

They didn't learn a lesson, they just added more pop up in your face stuff. I'm still semi active on the Foreman forum and I have had replies deleted because of a random update while I was posting, pop up wanting push notifications and now a survey to see what they did wrong, page loads are slower than ______ and on and on. I worked with those people for many years. They took the "with" out and made it "for" so I had no problem moving on. This forum is set up like that one was at one time. The members using it make the decisions on what is needed/wanted and what isn't. Member funded to keep it an ad free environment and keep it OUR forum and not just a money maker for a big company. I was ready to give up on forums all together until I was notified of this forum build going on. I poked my head in and got drug through the door.. lol  I love the forum atmosphere when it comes to helping others on repairs (something FB can not duplicate), I like helping others and sharing what I have learned along the way and making friends I will probably never see or talk to in person so it didn't take much to get me to help with making this forum come to life.

I did do the survey today.  Couldn't help myself.  Didn't mention this board, just let them know...again...that they screwed up the board to the point where I no longer wanted to be part of it.

I still lurk a bit.  Don't post much.  Mainly looking for older familiar faces that I can drag over.  @AKATV was one.  I wish I could get Harig over here.  He's the only one on any of the boards who had a really good working knowledge (as in, ability to rebuild one) of the Hondamatics.

This has been one heck of in introduction thread, lol.

I wasn't trying to stir the pot but at least i'm getting my post count up.;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1