Fishfiles

Honda TRX300FM 1992 1st gen

17 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Anyone else noticed a spike in prices, new and used lately? 

You'd think we were seeing some massive inflation or something.  Guess when  you create a couple of trillion of out thin and and dump it on the population, it makes prices go up.  Whoda thunk it?

where you been these past few months ?, i started a thread back a few, saying watch out, partzilla jacked their prices way up !!.

• Like 2

I hear you Shade , I finally got my " last " order from Partzilla , it took a little over 6 weeks to get three seals which came in an envelope thru the US Postal Service , I won't be ordering anything  from them any more ----think Rocky Mountain is going to be my new OEM go to parts supplier 

As far as price increases , it is pretty much across the board , from food to hardware , I mentioned in the Food Thread I paid $20.80 for a roast beef on french dressed and a fountain drink a few weeks back , the price jumped $4 in one pop on a sandwich , paid $2.49 for diesel yesterday , it was $2.19 for a long time , got a 52 gallon tank on my 4500 

I know you like your shrimp Shade , the brown shrimp season just opened , the saying was always " first moon in June " , night before last my buddies went out night rigging with the new moon , one had 10 pounds of shrimp , LOL , usually 1,000 pounds to a ton and up  is the norm catch at the beginning of the season  ,  we were going to boil some shrimp this weekend for the " Tropical Storm " party , I called a couple of friends that own seafood shops , the going price this week for jumbo shrimp is $6.99 a pound , that is unheard of at the start of the season , last year I was buying the same shrimp for $3 a pound right off the boat , but some  of that is the Mississippi River having been high and the spillway opening letting massive amounts of fresh water into the estuaries , usually when that happens the second white shrimp season is good as the white shrimp are much more tolerable to fresh water  

I opened my bag of seals and think I found why the order was delayed so long , it was the  transfer case out put seal , I think you could guess what one that is even though you can see the seals in the pic  ---  I like the red and white Honda label bags  , that other white bag Japan kind of makes me wonder , may the are all China in reality  

fullsizeoutput_c99.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shadetree said:

where you been these past few months ?, i started a thread back a few, saying watch out, partzilla jacked their prices way up !!.

They did, but it's not just them. It's everywhere.

I can't believe them cv-shafts I  ordered off e-bay arrived yesterday  , they are after market and they  look good and the speed of delivery was outstanding ----

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I can't believe them cv-shafts I  ordered off e-bay arrived yesterday  , they are after market and they  look good and the speed of delivery was outstanding ----

now if they just hold up to your rough riding ??..lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, shadetree said:

now if they just hold up to your rough riding ??..lol.

That is true ----

I really wanted the Sixity shafts , bummer they dropped out the 300 market  

22 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That is true ----

I really wanted the Sixity shafts , bummer they dropped out the 300 market  

yep, sad, i've used the '' sixty '' brand 2 times on those trx450fm projects i did awhile back, i know one of them that belongs to my gal's son, so far, he's not had any issues from them !. they are made in china, but still, they seem to be pretty decent axles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

yep, sad, i've used the '' sixty '' brand 2 times on those trx450fm projects i did awhile back, i know one of them that belongs to my gal's son, so far, he's not had any issues from them !. they are made in china, but still, they seem to be pretty decent axles.

The lady At sixity that I spoke with on the phone seemed very knowledgeable. She told me they still have some 1/2 shafts for certain models , but thinks when they are gone it will be over. When I asked why they discontinued.  She had no answer.  

37 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The lady At sixity that I spoke with on the phone seemed very knowledgeable. She told me they still have some 1/2 shafts for certain models , but thinks when they are gone it will be over. When I asked why they discontinued.  She had no answer.  

answer: cuz we're not doing well with china !..lol.

• Like 2

I put Ol'Blue back together yesterday , new left after market cv-shaft , repacked that front wheel bearing , another used steering bar and tie rod ends  ---- took a quick ride in the woods for a test , going to ride it today -----I have another steering bar with the tie rod ends on it and two wrenches that I want to carry on the bike for when I break another end in the woods , the wrenches fit in the trunk , but can't find a spot on the bike to carry the bar , thinking about tie strapping it to the rack 

• Like 1

Over the Father's  day weekend , I rode the Blue 300 2 hours Saturday and 3 + Sunday , with no problems , other than ,  I do have to do a front end alignment , after installing the new steering bars and ends , one wheel is a bit " thrown off " , not bad as it don't pull , I done it by eye , any body got any good tricks to a front end alignment , I have used two sticks with nails clamped together and chalk marks on the center of the tires 

Slowindown , thanks for the video , simple enough , might give that a try 

Welcome.  That's the mod on the commander forum - sharp guy.  I took him to towertrax a couple years ago after he helped me install a lift on the commander.  Do you ever ride there?

I have never ridden a 4 wheeler at  TowerTrax ,  it is about an hour from me ---------  years ago  I went to TowerTrax and fixed  a bulldozer when they were doing work there building trails   ---- I heard they just opened a mud park  right around Eunice , I forgot what they call that one 

good video ... but i would also add the weight of the passengers to get the angle just right ..especially on independent suspension machines  .. 

I had a malfunction yesterday , it has to have been mu fault , the nut on the bottom left ball joint fell off , apparently I forgot to install the cotter pin , all the other nuts had a cotter pin , and I can't see it getting knocked out ,  rode home on buddy's atv and got another castle nut and cotter pin, winched it up in a tree to get it back in place , and finished the day --- got tired of everyone hitting me up for a swig of me Green  Apple and cutting me short , so I super sized it  

WvHBo4urQuyx6o%HyvvjPA.jpg

a2VR4dvmSnOobEmjozPkog.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

i remeber a pic when you had the full size flag one the back of one of your mud bikes.... i still fly mine ... lol! ... i haven't been shot at or cussed yet ... lol..... i say let them fly. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 5:05 AM, Fishfiles said:

Over the Father's  day weekend , I rode the Blue 300 2 hours Saturday and 3 + Sunday , with no problems , other than ,  I do have to do a front end alignment , after installing the new steering bars and ends , one wheel is a bit " thrown off " , not bad as it don't pull , I done it by eye , any body got any good tricks to a front end alignment , I have used two sticks with nails clamped together and chalk marks on the center of the tires 

I always use the eyeball method, then leave the lock nuts loose until I can drive it. Then I just adjust as req & lock down. Got lucky with the new tie rod upgrade kit. Eyeballs worked perfect. Once in bush &verified they were perfect,just had to lock the nuts down.,

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 6:05 AM, Fishfiles said:

i eye ball it from front to back, easy to do for me.

• Like 2

I put another 5 hours on old Blue yesterday with "out "  any break down , in fact no one broke down yesterday  ----we  had two rides during the day , almost got them to go for a night ride , everyone else was worn out but me and 1 buddy , night rides are where you separate the men form the boys and girls 

My crew knows I set them up , I go up ahead , around the bad holes , then back up to the edge on the opposite side , so when they come along they follow where they think I went , so I was even doing it , I was sitting on side a hole and my buddy thinks I am setting him up so he plows ahead right into the hole , it was funny , he got soaked 

Another funny time was I got my hat knocked off by a limb , my buddy behind me is going to help me out , he  is leaning over and is going to grab it as he rolls by , he fell off the bike head first into the water , his son in law is hooked on 4 wheeling , the guys Dad gave him a Yamaha 350 Big Bear that has not run in 5 years , they brought it over early yesterday , we did a gang pit stopped on it , took off the tank , flushed it , cleaned out the carb , swopped batteries  and got it running , it isn't snorkeled yet , we directed him around the deep holes and he did great with it , the Yammy 350 and 400 Bears are great atvs , I would own one 

• Like 2