DuckOfDeath

My new boat

One technique that works down here , which might work for you guys up north is lead core line for trolling ----- I'll spoon mono onto a 2/0 Penn  reel , then attach 150 yards of lead core to the mono , then a 10 floruo-carbon leader ------  during the spring speckle trout migration we use lead core line to get the lure  down and troll behind the boat for the big speckle trout , my motor is a little bit too fast at idle ,  so I drag a couple of 5 gallon buckets thru the water that are tied off the rear of the boat , so guys have a sea chute , slows it down just right , trolling  is not my favorite kind of fishing , as it is slow to what I am use to , but it works for the big ones ------ for the lure , I  take a large rattle trap and remove the rear treble hook , tie a flouro-carbon leader to the ring where the hook was , go back 2.5-3 ft to a treble hook with a plastic squid , works well on big specks and flounders 

8 hours ago, Bighanded said:

you guys are talkin too fancy for me...we just shove some shrimp, or a piece of old squid onto a hook, drop 3 or 4 poles into their holders, sit back and enjoy a beer and wait for that little reel clicker  to start screaming.

Lol nothing fancy about downriggers,use electronics to find what depth the fish are holding at.Drop your baits down.Use either big motor or like i do with my Minn Kota Terrova 112 I-Pilot troll at 1.5 to 2.5 whatever they like.Its fun when you get into a school just go back and forth.

• Like 1