Fishfiles

Rim Offset

Here is a rim off set chart I found that may be helpful ------

But it is not too helpful for me and got me with a headache , I have a 92 300 4wd Fourtrax I am looking to put some 30 inch Outbacks on , the tires are 14 inch rims , so I need some new rims , and I would like the offset of the rear tires to be the deep dish look ( like OEM ) and not have the same offset front and back with extra spacers in the rear , if you look at the chart below the 300 4wd  shows 4.2 and 2.5 ----so would you go 5+2 or 4+3 , and that brings up another problem of finding rims in 14s with the right offset 

http://www.atvwheelsize.com/honda.html#11

this are some rims I am looking at not sure if they are even available in the right offset yet 

ITP rims .jpg

from my understanding , when you measure offset, you measure from center of rim, to outer edge of inside rim lip. you must also take into account for the tire width when mounted, so it will clear everything near it, such as mufflers.

• Like 1

most honda oem rims will have the offset numbers stamped into the rim, something like 6.2x12, 5.0x12, so on and so on. ( these are example numbers only !. )

• Like 1

Offset is measuring the lip on each side in relation to the placement of where the rim bolts on. So 4+3 would be 4 inches of back spacing and 3 inches of outer lip. 5+2 would be 5 inches of back spacing and 2 inches outer lip. There is also a thing called zero offset which is where the place where the rim bolts on is in the exact center. Honda rims are stamped with what i think is a way of measuring offset in milimeters i believe. Never been able to make sense of there rim stamp numbers honestly. I always just measure myself and do it in inches since its like a million times easier. My .02

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I  understand the offset , the first number is the offset of the rear side of the rim and the second number is the outside set back , so I need 2 x 5 for the rear and 4+3 ( or 5+2 may work )  for the front as a spec sheet I found ^ list the 300 front actually at 4.2 x 2.5 

So I found a great deal on some Highlifter rims that I really like that will work on the rear , but can't find the fronts to match in any size , would guess these are old school and discontinued 

https://www.ebay.com/p/24024442493?iid=181623113109&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=181623113109&targetid=858536829113&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9025211&poi=&campaignid=2086169716&mkgroupid=85784768581&rlsatarget=aud-496202329659:pla-858536829113&abcId=1141016&merchantid=136053872&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4fqd16PW5wIVRb7ACh1zRA2tEAQYAiABEgIf2fD_BwE

Highlifter 14 x 7 .jpg

• Like 1

I have found the sizes I would need , but in the steel painted Delta rims , which isn't going to happen 

I have changed off set a before by using wheel spacers to make up a little room. My Polaris which I remember it to be s 4/3 offset,  dont quote me on that!  I was able to use a set of aluminum rims my buddy bought new and never used which were a 6/1 offset, typically they would not have cleared inside, and by adding a 1.25 aluminum wheel spacer I was able to bolt them on leaving a 3/4” clearance inside and bringing tires out to the original stance.

I never had any issues with the set up and I git a really nice set if aluminum rims very cheap!

Maybe one if the mire informed guys can ring in on that as a practice that would be acceptable to use.

but again it work out with no issues and they did take a whole lit of punishment !!

it also left a good 1” of sidewall overhanging the rim outside which protects the rims from a lot of damage!!

D6CF30E8-02CB-4116-8D9F-0600AF984BB5.jpeg

FF0BE10C-CB67-480C-843E-213B27619B5F.jpeg