Louis

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm needing some help troubleshooting a 2007 Honda rancher trx420fm. Any help is appreciated. It was running fine and suddenly it won't start. I'm not getting but 3.9 volts to my fuel pump and it won't prime. I've replaced the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay (twice), checked the bank angle sensor. Kill switch is good. Battery reads 12v. I've ran a straight wire to the fuel pump and it runs but still will not start. I've jumped the harness from several places and still nothing. I don't know what to try next

Edited by Louis

Welcome to the forums Louis! Just a friendly suggestion. You may want to try starting a thread about the help needed in the proper section. It will get more foot traffic that way. If you would like any of the mods could split your intro thread into two seperate threads for you into the correct place.

Welcome to the forum......first things first..12 volts will not get the job done...the battery is the first suspect?????

3 hours ago, Louis said:

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm needing some help troubleshooting a 2007 Honda rancher trx420fm. Any help is appreciated. It was running fine and suddenly it won't start. I'm not getting but 3.9 volts to my fuel pump and it won't prime. I've replaced the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay (twice), checked the bank angle sensor. Kill switch is good. Battery reads 12v. I've ran a straight wire to the fuel pump and it runs but still will not start. I've jumped the harness from several places and still nothing. I don't know what to try next

3 hours ago, Derf40 said:

Welcome to the forum......first things first..12 volts will not get the job done...the battery is the first suspect?????

3 hours ago, SlammedRanger said:

Welcome to the forums Louis! Just a friendly suggestion. You may want to try starting a thread about the help needed in the proper section. It will get more foot traffic that way. If you would like any of the mods could split your intro thread into two seperate threads for you into the correct place.

Thanks for all the replies. Slammed ranger I appreciate that. Yes ,that would be good. I gotta get this figured out lol. Toodeep There are no flashing lights or any illuminated other than the neutral. Derf40 What do you mean 12v isn't enough? That's what size battery that I've always used on it, unless I'm missing something lol

17 minutes ago, Louis said:

Does anyone think it could be the voltage regulator?

please make a thread in the utility section , this is a intro member thread only, thanks.

• Like 1