Louis

Low voltage to fuel pump

13 minutes ago, retro said:

Ahhh... OK, but Louis confirmed it measured .228 Ohms above. He has an autoranging meter, so there should not be a dot preceding those digits.

It would be great if one could get hands on when trouble shooting 

• Like 1

Do I need to do the ohm test different or again on the 0.228 reading I got, to verify?

Yes. 🙂

I admire your tenacity and stick-to-itiveness Mel. If you solve this problem we may be compelled to erect a statue in your honor. Hahah...

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

Do I need to do the ohm test different or again on the 0.228 reading I got, to verify?

If that reading is .228 ohms -- that is a problem.

1 minute ago, retro said:

Yes. 🙂

I admire your tenacity and stick-to-itiveness Mel. If you solve this problem we may be compelled to erect a statue in your honor. Hahah...

If anyone wants to jump in here and help solve this problem  --- lets get together 

• Like 1

I am tempted to build Louis a PVA and mail it to him along with a decent multimeter. Y'all game...?

The only thing is to trace that harness all the back to see if there is any bad spots.

• Like 1

Retro, I dont know what a pva is lol but I can get a better meter from a buddy of mine tonight and give results again tomorrow. I really appreciate that though. Melatv, I can take the harness apart if you think that could be it. What about the .228 ohms I'm getting. You think the meter isn't giving the correct reading?

It wouldn't hurt to test it with another meter and check the harness

Hey guys, I haven't had a chance until now to mess with it. I just ohmed it with a fluke meter and it ohmed 231 ohms. Before I go to taking the harness apart, does that sound right?

Louis, i envoy you big time !!!. i would have set that mf on fire by now, and went out and bought another honda atv ( manual shift mind ya ! )..lol.

• Haha 1

Thanks, trust me, I've thought about it lol. I'm about to the point of taking it to a honda shop but I'm afraid of the cost

27 minutes ago, Louis said:

Thanks, trust me, I've thought about it lol. I'm about to the point of taking it to a honda shop but I'm afraid of the cost

Louis,man I have to say you don't give up easy,you're a fighter.If you can fix this problem you will have more money in your pocket.

Had a problem with my rancher,that has warranty so no out of pocket money.Mine was bad fuel pump that when it got hot,would not work until it cooled down,then would work till it got hot.

Took it to my dealer his shop rate is $120 hr.Glad I didn't get the bill.

Edited by riverc

I appreciate it. Yeah, this being electrical I'm afraid it can get costly quick. I think I'm going to use dielectric grease in all the connectors then unwrap the harness to check for bare spots. If that seems good, I'll either start replacing things or take it to a shop. I know plug and play can get more expensive faster than getting it checked out. Parts aren't cheap lol

Hi Louis: 231 ohms it should work -- have you also check it at the G/W & Bu/Y wire on the Gray connector at the PCM ? 

Hi Melatv, I just saw you replied. I have but I just ohmed it again and it reads 0.00 ohms

Did you check at the same spot where you got the 231 ohms?

No I didn't. I unplugged the gray pcm connector and checked it there. You want me to leave the gray pcm connector plugged in and check it where it connects to the ckp and alternator?

Ok, I just checked it there and got 516.5 kilo ohms

Slightly lower reading now but wanted to take a pic for you 

20200314_192435.jpg

Plug the alternator connector in and unplug the gray connector (PCM) and check it on the G/W & Bu/Y wires

Yes, I had it in manual on the first reading. It reads the same in manual and auto 

20200314_194747.jpg