Louis

Low voltage to fuel pump

Can someone please explain to me how the two wires from the IAT are G/O (B2) and Gr/Bu (B20) on the gray pcm connector. I'm not seeing it on my model wiring diagram. It looks to me like the G/O tie in to P/Bu and go to the middle pcm connector. I did find what melatv asked me to check but it is confusing me

Screenshot_20200315-161250_Drive.jpg

The reading on the IAT & ECT are higher than the manual --- section 6 --page 6-26 --you may have take the reading right at the sensor.

The G/O has no connection to the P/Bu wire that P/Bu #1 gear

The picture shows what (B2) means

2007.jpg

Hey melatv. I never got the notification from your reply. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. That's a different diagram than I'm looking at. I'll test it closer to the sensor

Are these the IAT and ECT sensors?  Beside the spark plug and on front side of air filter box

20200316_193829.jpg

20200316_193815.jpg

I just realized you gave me the page in the manual. I'm looking now

Question. On step #2, when it says add the jumper, do I test the jumper itself for voltage?

Screenshot_20200316-201115_Drive.jpg

I put a jumper in the 2 pin iat connector and put the lead on the jumper and it reads 0.008V. I then went to step 3 and it reads 2.9 kilo ohms

Yes you have the right places for the ECT & IAT 

Yes you test the jumper -- you had the gray connector plug in to the PCM when you check for zero  -- if so both reading are good.

Now if you haven't tested the ECT go to section 6 page 6 - 21 -- steps 1&2 you can do -- without special connectors

These tests are only for checking the sensors ---  your bike is showing no codes?

With the CKP it's should be okay --but the only way to test it is with a Peak Voltage Adapter -- 0.7 volts -- without that 0.7 volts and the bike turn over good the bike will never start.

Edited by Melatv

Thank you. No it's not showing any codes. The only light is the neutral light and its steady, no flashing. I'll check the ECT and see what I can do about a peak voltage tester 

If you have a analog meter (one with a needle) you can put in on the AC scale and the needle will fluctuate the needle indicating voltage

I sure don't. Il see about buying a peak voltage tester. 

Try this plug everything back in turn key on -- don't push the start button -- take a screw driver and place it across the 2 big studs of the starter solenoid or just remove the big wire on the solenoid going to starter motor and touch on the stud with the wire on it.

I tried and it would turn over but not start. I'm not getting close to 5V on the ECT or IAT. you think the pcm could be bad?

Well crap, my bad, the pcm was unplugged when I checked them. I am getting 5V on both of them 

5 VDC  is good -- both when unplugged read about the same Kohms? 

PCM/ECM -- sounds like it's okay because the Neutral comes on.

Yes, they both read a little over 3 kilo ohms 

52 minutes ago, Louis said:

Yes, they both read a little over 3 kilo ohms 

Are you taking the reading at the sensors and at gray connector?? 

Yes, I ohmed both sensors at the pcm gray connector first then at the sensors. They all read a little over 3 kohms

51 minutes ago, Louis said:

Yes, I ohmed both sensors at the pcm gray connector first then at the sensors. They all read a little over 3 kohms

Okay

Melatv, if the ignition coil was bad would it prevent the fuel pump from priming?

Nevermind, I remember there's a voltage drop when trying to turn over

6 hours ago, Melatv said:

Try this plug everything back in turn key on -- don't push the start button -- take a screw driver and place it across the 2 big studs of the starter solenoid or just remove the big wire on the solenoid going to starter motor and touch on the stud with the wire on it.

I know you tried this days ago -- but now with unplugging things -- get voltages -- Ohms checks -- try the above again

Hey melatv, I tried that again and still the same thing. It'll turn over but won't start. I ordered a used but tested oem ckp/alternator for $27. I'm gonna change that out and see what happens