Louis

Low voltage to fuel pump

Melatv, is this the PCM? If so, there is a bl/w wire on the left connector and center one. Which one do I need to check voltage on?

20200219_164044.jpg

Okay that proves the stop switch is good. I will look for more checks

Do you have a Neutral light when trying to start the bike? Is there any codes flashing on the display?

No I don't have a peak voltage adapter. It does have the neutral light on but I don't have the display, just the lights. I did however just peel back the wires going into the fuel pump relay and ohmed inside the connector and 2 of the 4 ohmed bad. So I'm guessing I'll have to work my way down the harness ohming it 

Edited by Louis

13 minutes ago, Louis said:

No I don't have a peak voltage adapter. It does have the neutral light on but I don't have the display, just the lights. I did however just peel back the wires going into the fuel pump relay and ohmed inside the connector and 2 of the 4 ohmed bad. So I'm guessing I'll have to work my way down the harness ohming it 

ehhhh..what the heck happened to the display ???, lol. they wont work very well without the display !!. ya know, you might had better luck...if ya had mentioned this..oh I don't know ?, 5 pages back ?!..lol. my bad bro...got carried away, you have a fm model..sorry.

The footshift models didn't have a meter, just electric shift.  

• Like 1

Just now, toodeep said:

The footshift models didn't have a meter, just electric shift.  

crap..I need my butt kicked..my bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some atvs have them and some don't lol. How am I supposed to know that would make a difference in what's going on. This model doesn't have a display just the lights 

Lmbo, it's cool. You think a new wiring harness may be needed?

8 minutes ago, Louis said:

Lmbo, it's cool. You think a new wiring harness may be needed?

I would hold off on the wire harness for right now bro, lets get everything ruled out b4 you go tossing parts at it. oh..sorry about the display issue, I was not thinking very good at the time of that post ^^..lol. but I did bite the bullet, and own it !..lol.

47 minutes ago, Louis said:

Can we get more detail on this. The 2 different points of testing and wiring colors. 

This is the fuel pump relay connection. From the left to right, the first two (brown) wires ohmed bad and the third two(red/black, red/white) ohmed bad. Both showed O.L. Also, I jumped the first two brown wires and the relay would buzz and the fuel pump would run. But it wouldn't start 

20200219_203610.jpg

Edited by Louis

I forgot to mention, I replaced the spark plug and I'm still not getting fire either. 

4 minutes ago, Louis said:

I forgot to mention, I replaced the spark plug and I'm still not getting fire either. 

have you ohm'd out the stator ?, checked the pulse generator ?. checked the connections at stator ?.

5 minutes ago, Louis said:

No I sure haven't. I will and then get back to you

when no spark ?, this is the very first place you check !. your stator and flywheel is where it all starts for making the spark plug fire. stator produces AC voltage, then goes to reg/rec to convert to DC current, then to coil, spark plug.

41 minutes ago, shadetree said:

stator produces AC voltage, then goes to reg/rec to convert to DC current, then to coil, spark plug.

Oops! The alternator just recharges the battery while the motor is running. The ignition is a completely independent system. It doesn't work like that. How're those bullets tasting...? 🙂

• Like 1

Hi: Unplug the PCM and check for corrosion on the pins or bent ones of the PCM -- if so be very cleaning them -- using dielectric grease around the edge of the connectors only.

Melatv, I checked that and it looked good. No corrosion, nothing bent. Cleaned some dirt out but no change. I did find another connector that looks like it may have a missing pin. The opposite side looks as if should have a pin there. 

20200220_110342.jpg

20200220_110401.jpg

20200220_110425.jpg