Louis

Low voltage to fuel pump

3 hours ago, toodeep said:

Something just came to mind. Are you testing for voltage directly after turning the key on, moving the kill switch or turning the motor over? The fuel pump is only powered for a few seconds each cycle. I should have thought of that question a few pages ago.

I just checked it again. It doesn't matter whether the kill switch is on or off or the key is on or off or turning the engine  over. All the meter does is bounce around or search 

Are you using the DC volts mode on your meter when testing where voltage should be present? Using Ohms mode only where there is no voltage sources?

Yes I'm using DC volts. It reads in mV. This thing shows something different every time I check it. One second it shows around 35mV with key off and over 120mV with key on. I'll try again and it'll be around -130mV with key off and around 35mV with key on. But it constantly searches. It may just be this cheap meter

20200222_124412.jpg

Thats OK as long as it reads voltage when there is voltage.

I just reread all the posts and I think Mel has you going in the correct direction and trouble shooting the ignition side (I missed the verified no fire post). Lets see if we can get lucky with the cheap meter and no adapter. Test the blue/yellow wire (+) and green wire (-) at the stator connector (motor side of the wiring) and see if the meter will pick up any voltage readings while turning the motor over.

^^^^ Reminder: You'll need to have your meter on AC volts mode for that test since you aren't using a PVA

Ac voltage reads .75v on blue/yellow wire. .012v on green wire. DC voltage reads 70mv on blue/yellow wire. 63mv on green wire. All while turning engine over

You need to put one lead on the Blue/Yellow wire and the other lead on the Green wire.

The voltage should measure on your meter as pulses.

Disconnect the connector when testing and please stop stripping the wires back unless absolutely necessary. It just makes a place for moisture to get in and cause future problems. 

Oh ok, I thought you meant individually. Ok, no problem. I was doing it that way as a way to tell if it was getting voltage though the connector. But yes you are right. I have a lot of waterproofing to do afterwards. I'll check it the right way when I get back from town

Ok I checked the voltage inside the connector for the blue/yellow and green wire on ACV. It shows no voltage when turning over

OK, that was a long shot anyway... the crank position sensor could still be good. That test was inconclusive because the multimeter cannot capture the pulse without a peak voltage adapter.

Using DC volts mode, put your red multimeter lead on the Black/Red wire where it plugs into the ignition coil and put your black meter lead on ground. Turn the key on and measure the voltage.

Hi: This bike you are working on was it running good before? --- was it under water? 

The CKP sensor that you just tested should read around 140 Ohms 

Is this bike turning over real fast when try to start it? 

In that pic your testing the wiring harness side, the wrong connector.  You are testing the pulse in the motor, the other connector (motor side). 

Dang it, I'm feeling stupid. I have a lot to learn lol. I'm working days now. I'll get home around 8:30. I'll check it then if I get a minute. I really appreciate y'all bearing with me on this. This is my first time messing with any electrical on one 

Melatv, yes it was running perfect and one day out of the blue it just wouldn't start. I have been through water. I dont remember if I did the day I parked it or not. Now that you mention it, it may turn over a little slower than normal but I wouldn't call it slow. I tried taking a video last night but I couldn't post it

28 minutes ago, Louis said:

Dang it, I'm feeling stupid. I have a lot to learn lol. I'm working days now. I'll get home around 8:30. I'll check it then if I get a minute. I really appreciate y'all bearing with me on this. This is my first time messing with any electrical on one 

you keep on ?, we got a spot cleared out for ya over yunder in the time out corner ------->,,lol.

1 minute ago, Louis said:

! I hear ya

lol..good deal..just wanted to get that cleared up !..lol.

in case ya may have missed the short little yellow bus ?, we do have a chat room ^^^^^^ !..lol.

😅 I'm gonna steer clear of that for now lol. Bear with me, I'm learning lol

9 minutes ago, Louis said:

😅 I'm gonna steer clear of that for now lol. Bear with me, I'm learning lol

lol, all good..we'll be here...well..maybe ?..lol.