Louis

Low voltage to fuel pump

I didn't have much time to mess with it today. I'm back at work on nights now.si far I've ohmed the black and white wire from the connector (between the pcm and kill switch) to the pcm and it read 0.00 which is good. I then ohmed the black and green wire from the same connector back to the pcm which is then bu/white that also ties in to the gear position switch. It reads O.L. which I know means bad. So i think I found the issue considering it ties into the gear position switch and the gear is in neutral then it should close that circuit which should ohm good right? Or am I missing something?...I haven't ohmed the kill switch itself yet, I didnt have time

Hi: Leave key off -- Unplug the black connector on the PCM

Pull out the 10 amp Ign. fuse

Remove the engine stop & fuel relay

Unplug the Bank Angle Sensor (3P green connector)

Kill switch in center

Place meter on the Ohm scale 

Put black test lead on the neg. of battery

Put red test lead on the Bl/W wire on the black connector (PCM) -- What did it read? 

Then put the red test lead on the Bl/G wire -- you can find it on the Kill switch or the Engine stop & Fuel relay socket -- What did it read?

I also ohmed the bl/gr wire and Bl/wh wire inside the connector coming from the kill stop switch. In the center position, it reads 0.00

Put the 10 fuse back in  -- leave the relay out

Put meter on DCV black lead on neg. of  battery 

Red lead lead on Bl/W wire on PCM black connector -- key on -- start bike -- what is the volt reading?

When you put the kill switch either side it reads 12VDC or zero

Edited by Melatv

Now it searches in mV on either side of the kill switch. 

Unplug the Starter solenoid -- 

Test Bl/W on the PCM black connector -- meter on DCV -- black test lead on the neg. of battery -- key on and try starting -- what the volt reading 

I'm back at work now. I'll test tomorrow and give you the results. Thanks for hanging in there lol

Hey melatv, are you talking about the plug between the solenoid and fuse box? If so, I'm not getting any power to the ignition so no voltage

20200304_150916.jpg

From what I see on the diagram its a Light green/ black & Y/R going to the Start solenoid

Look right on the start solenoid and see what 2 small wires are on the start coil solenoid

Ok, I found it. Sorry lol. I unplugged that and when I try starting it all it reads is around 100mV

Are you reading the voltage on the Bl/W wire on black PCM connector when pushing the start button??

You have the key on fuse in -- kill switch in center -- pushing the start button -- be back here later

Ok, I retraced my steps and the kill switch was to one side. I'm reading 12.8V while trying to start

57 minutes ago, Louis said:

Hey melatv, are you talking about the plug between the solenoid and fuse box? If so, I'm not getting any power to the ignition so no voltage

20200304_150916.jpg

Did I read that right, you don't have any power at the connector your holding?

Toodeep. No, I meant when I unplugged that connector I didnt have power to the ignition anymore to try cranking it

• Like 1

Okay -- now connect the start solenoid up and do the test again -- what volts do you read?

I'll have to continue tomorrow. I'm back at work again. I'll let you know though 

Hi melatv, I plugged the solenoid back in and it reads 10.5V when trying to start 

Hi: Can you do this remove the big wire off solenoid going to the starter motor --- when you have it off put your meter back on the Bl/R wire on the black connector on the PCM check the voltage (key on and try starting)

Edited by Melatv

Ok, I did that and the solenoid would click and the voltage dropped from 12.7V to 11.9V