Louis

Low voltage to fuel pump

I would say the solenoid is bad -- If you want to see if the bike will start -- unplug the the 2 small wires going to the solenoid  leave the big wire off also --- 

Have all the connectors back in place fuel pump connected -- turn key on you don't have to push the start button --- put on a pair of glasses for eye safety -- take the big wire that you removed and just touch it on the stud of the solenoid with the other big wire on it (you will see sparks) bike should start.

I made sure everything is connected and tried that. It would turn over but not start

Remember, I'm not getting fire but the fuel pump also isn't priming 

Remove spark plug to see if you are getting spark --ground plug to engine --when you try starting

I wish you were near me ( where are you) -- so I could get my hands into the problem -- I will see what I can come up with to test.

With the key do you have 12 VDC on the Bl/R wire on the Ign> coil?

I live in Marmaduke, Arkansas. Ok, just take your time. No hurry. I appreciate everything y'all have helped with 

All the things in the Red circle need to be satisfied (if PCM is good)-- before you can get spark or fuel

PCM.jpg

Alright. I'm back at work again. I have the next 4 days off so I'll see what I can come up with

Hi, I found most of the sensors and the wires look good as far as I can tell. To be honest, I'm not sure how to test the sensors to see if they are good.

Edited by Louis

You can check the CKP unplug the connector (Key off) --- Put you meter on the Ohms scale and check the G/W & Bu/Y -- put meter just across the 2 wires

• Like 1

Ok, that's the same plug we ohmed before that goes to the alternator right? It reads 0.228

I did notice that there is some kind of oily substance in that connector. I'm assuming it's there to repel water. Is that supposed to be there?

15836093035039074349829374388777.jpg

That reading .228 is that Ohms or Kilo_ohms --- it should be around 140 Ohms 

That could be some dielectric grease 

Key off --Same connector check the 3 yellow wire from yellow to yellow --should read around 1 ohm from yellow to yellow

Key off -- Them check  the 3 yellow wire to ground -- black test lead on neg of battery -- should read infinity 

Key off -- also check the CKP  wire to ground.

Yes, the 0.228 is kilo ohms. On the 3 yellow wires, all of them ohm 0.00. Then to ground, all 3 yellow wires search around in mV. The ckp wire to ground searches around 30mV.

• Like 1

Unless you meant ohm, the 3 yellow wires read O.L and the ckp wire read O.L also

I've seen oil work its way up the harness and into that connector before. To help Mel, which side of the connector are you testing, motor or harness? 

1 hour ago, Louis said:

Yes, the 0.228 is kilo ohms. On the 3 yellow wires, all of them ohm 0.00. Then to ground, all 3 yellow wires search around in mV. The ckp wire to ground searches around 30mV.

Okay that should good 

It looks to me like the CKP sensor coil is reading nearly open at 0.228 Ohms. Should be measuring around 140 Ohms.

3 minutes ago, retro said:

It looks to me like the CKP sensor coil is reading nearly open at 0.228 Ohms. Should be measuring around 140 Ohms.

Retro -- he posted again saying it was Kilo ohms  -- 228 ohms

Hi: Unplug the TP & Map  sensor (connector 5P) Key on for this test --meter on DCV --black test lead neg. of battery -- red test lead on the Br/W wire on the harness side should read 5 VDC

Ahhh... OK, but Louis confirmed it measured .228 Ohms above. He has an autoranging meter, so there should not be a dot preceding those digits.

• Like 1