firsttimer

TRX250 Recon

19 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

your starter part number is 31200-HM8-A41

Scroll the ( parts fitment ) interchange box on the right bottom and you will see all the models and years that starter fits , Honda sure is proud of that starter , pricey 

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/31200-HM8-A41?ref=3a4c11adf9d4d11603b7454d09411b9d874dfda5

go to power sports nation , type in that part number , there is one oem used for $25 available right now , they will give you a warranty like 30 days or so , I have bought starters from them and never got a bad one yet 

for a little bit more, has can take his chances with d&b , get a 1 yr warranty for 37 bucks, i know what i would do. i think d&b also used to sell starters with a 3 yr warranty ? not sure if they still do anymore ?.

2 hours ago, retro said:

If I were you I would take that starter apart before ya put it on your bike. You'll need to put some grease in the nose bearing and rear bushing if you use it, cause both ends are probably bone dry as usual. The one that I have here was not only bone dry, but it had been jammed together with one too many washers shimming up the armature end play which caused the thrust bushing in the nose to be squashed into a bowl shape. The armature would not turn when I took it apart. The housing is unmistakably cheap china too, the cast aluminum is as thin as an egg shell.

Another company that has recently made a fatal china decision is G&H ATV Supply. They don't provide Shindy or Wiseco piston kits anymore as standard when they bore cylinders, they're all shipped out with Namura piston kits and gaskets now unless ya demand Shindy or Wiseco (and pay more?) up front. I won't recommend them to anyone nowadays.

I'd heard that.  That sucks.  I was going to send off a few cylinders to them in the near future too. 

It really stinks not having a local machine shop......

28 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

your starter part number is 31200-HM8-A41

go to power sports nation , type in that part number , there is one oem used for $25 available right now , they will give you a warranty like 30 days or so , I have bought starters from them and never got a bad one yet 

Yep, I'd get a used OEM from PSN. 

3 hours ago, retro said:

Another company that has recently made a fatal china decision is G&H ATV Supply. They don't provide Shindy or Wiseco piston kits anymore as standard when they bore cylinders, they're all shipped out with Namura piston kits and gaskets now unless ya demand Shindy or Wiseco (and pay more?) up front. I won't recommend them to anyone nowadays.

Bummer about G+H , first I am hearing , I know awhile back he tried to talk me into a new Taiwanese jug instead of a re-bore  ----Shade talks about the Namura , I have never ran one of them Taiwan jugs  yet ----- 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Bummer about G+H , first I am hearing , I know awhile back he tried to talk me into a new Taiwanese jug instead of a re-bore  ----Shade talks about the Namura , I have never ran one of them Taiwan jugs  yet ----- 

i've had great luck with namura piston kits, too me, they are just as good as oem