Bobby mckinney

I put 93 honda fourtrax motor on 99 model frame

Ok I have 93 honda 300 fourtrax motor a 99 model frame and it will only run for a second and quit,would you think I need a 93 model cdi where I have a 99 cdi rite now?it did run for a min. I do have a green neutral light everything seem to be working I was just thinking the 99 cdi is keeping the 93 motor and stator from staying running thanks help appreciated..

when it dies, did you pull plug, lay on engine to see if you have spark ?.

i asked above ^^^, only because if it was the wrong c.d.i. ?, it would not start period.

go through all your wire harness connections, and make sure they are clean and tight ?.

from the sounds of it, it almost sounds like its not getting enough fuel too me ?, unless your spark just goes away ?.

I didn't pull the plug yet to see if it was still had spark,it was really low on fule that might be it,I got tired been working all day on it,it could be just out gas I need to go out get some,I know it's at the bottom on fule..thanks for the help..so you think the cdi is ok where it started..

12 minutes ago, Bobby mckinney said:

I didn't pull the plug yet to see if it was still had spark,it was really low on fule that might be it,I got tired been working all day on it,it could be just out gas I need to go out get some,I know it's at the bottom on fule..thanks for the help..so you think the cdi is ok where it started..

yep, i think your fine with the c.d.i , if it was the c.d.i ?, it wont  even start !..lol.

Depending on the condition of your fuel tank if it's that close to running out you may be sucking some junk into the carb.....

8 minutes ago, Bobby mckinney said:

Got it started today,you was rite it was out of gas,it's running just fine now thanks for the help so a 93 motor does run on a 99 cdi it does on mine thanks!!

good deal..ty for the update !. now, just cuz ya got it going , does not mean you cant hang around, help out, learn here !.

1 minute ago, Bobby mckinney said:

Ok thanks yea I be back for sure

great !, nice bunch of members we have here, some of smartest around !..lol.

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Toot your own horn a little louder Shade!!!! LOL

what ???..ya lost me.

Just giving you crap. I  am amazed at how you guys can immediately diagnose issues without seeing or hearing something. Shows you have spent  A LOT  of time with your hands dirty. Awesome bank of knowledge here, enjoyable to read about and see folks having success with their repairs.

1 minute ago, Freedomflyer said:

Just giving you crap. I  am amazed at how you guys can immediately diagnose issues without seeing or hearing something. Shows you have spent  A LOT  of time with your hands dirty. Awesome bank of knowledge here, enjoyable to read about and see folks having success with their repairs.

lol, well...I've got 28 yrs under my belt, been down that rode a lot in those yrs..most problems that pop up here ?, i'm almost sure I've dealt with it at one point in time ?!..lol.