Shannon

2006 trx 350 Rancher Runs bad

Rancher idles fine but will not accelerate. I have replaced carb, rebuilt carb, changed fuel, new petcock and filter, installed in line filter, replaced spark plug, and installed new ignition coil. When I swapped out carb it ran good on test run but the next day i started and ran for a little then shut off and on restart it started doing the same thing again. Starts running ruff and dies when you try to give it gas. I've gone thru two other carbs and an the results are the same. Has good permanent air filter and no vacume leaks that I can tell. When it runs it run strong, low hours. I'm starting to think it may be the computer module.

you say you replaced the carb ( couple times at that ) , was these purchased from honda ?, or amazon, ebay ?, if the later ?, then they are china junk !!. if they are oem from honda ?, then I would pull the fuel line from the carb, and see if you get good flow when you turn the fuel on ?, if not ?, then its time to have a look at the petcock as to why fuel is not flowing good from it ?. tank full ?.

also, please say a tad about ya in the new member section, we all like to know who we are helping ? :-).

Yes they were from Amazon, Ebay and I realize that they probably are not good to begin with, however I went back and rebuilt one that was running good before that I had on for a while but was idling ruff. It is idling fine now after rebuild. Fuel flow is good. I replaced petcock and filter and put new fuel in tank. Update: now its not starting at all. Im seriously considering that it may be the ingnition module, I just don't know how to be certain.

Shannon welcome to the forums! I added the missing letter in your thread title for you. Although im sure everyone would get runs out of rns lol. You will find alot of helpfull friendly people on this forum! Always glad to help where we all can.

Could be a weak coil. Or even just a bad spark plug honestly. If the aftermarket carb had it running ok before i would have to imagine it is ok. Not a huge fan of aftermarket carbs. Have seen some work ok though. Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while lol. Honestly there isnt a good way to test a cdi box or ignition module without swapping in a known good one. I would start easy and cheap and test everything you can before spending the big bucks on a cdi that doesnt fix the problem.

• Like 1

You will need to put the original OEM carburetor back on it so do that before wasting any more time on china junk. Then check for spark by taking the spark plug out, plug the spark plug cable back into the plug and lay it on the head so its grounded. Then turn the key on, make sure the kill switch is in the run position and crank the motor over using the starter and watch for spark across the plug gap. Let us know how that goes before doing anything else.

You do have a battery in it that is in good condition I hope...?

Oh boy Amazon and eBay carbs lol but yes get OEM parts to rebuild yours, something simple I'm sure