toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

On 7/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

I just got chewed on by some guy on bookface who chimed in on a post and said he didn't feel any power loss with 28" Outlaws on a stock 420.  I called BS, pointed out proper gearing, the pinned sticky from HL from 2011, and the laws of physics.  He got upset and screeched at me a minute about his "opinion". 

The problem I have with these people is they'll say "Muh stock Honda turns 30's grate with no GR".  NO, it absolutely does not.  Some kid reads that, and instead of buying a GR, said kid runs out and spends $800 on new tires, and then tears up his wheeler trying to pull them without proper gearing. 

I've run tires that were bigger than ideal on stock bikes, but I would never tell people that it's a good idea.  Gearing is important.  Save your money, put in a GR if you want to run big tires.

Drives me nuts. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I seen where a falcon can hit 300mph in a dive , and have read where the Suzuki Hayabusa  GSX1300R could do 195mph  off the showroom floor -----

there was a very bad fatality wreck that my neighbor across the street got into with a Hayabusa last year  , State Police measured the brake skid mark at 150 ft , and the point of impact at 116mph ,  so he must have been up there high in mph , neighbors full size Ford 150 was totaled , the front wheel was touching  against the engine block 

Like any powerful machine.. lots of stupid out there riding them. 

My wife absolutely loves ours. We got it for touring. Yes you read that right. It handles the mountain passes and wide open prairie and desert like a dream. Fast? Yes but that bike is so comfortable, many are surprised by how it feels. Admittedly my wife fell asleep on the back and once I noticed I brought an end to that but in her defense we do have a backrest for her as well. 

Fun little note for those that don't know, the Suzuki GSX1300R was created to put down the Honda CBR1100XX. Of course its more fitting to go by their names Hayabusa ('Peregrine' Falcon) vs Super Blackbird. 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd just like to know the reason why ?? 

image.jpg

stain is so much easier to repair than clear coat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I just got chewed on by some guy on bookface who chimed in on a post and said he didn't feel any power loss with 28" Outlaws on a stock 420.  I called BS, pointed out proper gearing, the pinned sticky from HL from 2011, and the laws of physics.  He got upset and screeched at me a minute about his "opinion". 

The problem I have with these people is they'll say "Muh stock Honda turns 30's grate with no GR".  NO, it absolutely does not.  Some kid reads that, and instead of buying a GR, said kid runs out and spends $800 on new tires, and then tears up his wheeler trying to pull them without proper gearing. 

I've run tires that were bigger than ideal on stock bikes, but I would never tell people that it's a good idea.  Gearing is important.  Save your money, put in a GR if you want to run big tires.

Drives me nuts. 

100% 👍 

Just saw this this weekend. Local kid put 24" tires on his Yamaha Raptor (sock is 20)... says to the riding  group "I don't understand, I'm not going as fast as I was before"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd just like to know the reason why ?? 

image.jpg

When I first saw this... I immediately thought

"Circle the wagons!"

• Haha 2

truly between a rock, and a hard place..... just tells me jeep owners (like me) are just as crazy as honda sport atv riders. j/k :-)

image.jpg

48 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Drives me nuts. 

Facebook is brutal , the " What's the biggest tire .... " question is a bad one to get into ,   it  usually goes to " My buddy got 30s on a ..... and your a about a stupid ... ..... ......  "  I think a lot of them same old stupid post over and over are people just stirring the pot   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

truly between a rock, and a hard place..... just tells me jeep owners (like me) are just as crazy as honda sport atv riders. j/k 🙂

lol

How crazy would one be if they were to own both Jeeps and Honda sport quads?

😁

• Like 1

They'd be broke as ! all the time.

Signed.

Guy with 3 Jeep CJ's and about 20 Honda ATV's. 

Not sport quads, but still wallet emptiers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whats wrong with this picture?

Those bikes are taking up way to much room.

20200727_112221.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Akunin said:

Those bikes are taking up way to much room.

20200727_112221.jpg

Two bikes?  Who needs two bikes?  That's nuts.

• Haha 3

exactly my thought about this pic, it's a straight rear axle, not a front. 

image.jpg

• Like 1