toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

On 9/25/2020 at 9:52 AM, sled_22 said:

Funny you say this... My 17 F-150 has oil seeping out of the pan. Just noticed when changing the oil two nights ago... Looks like that needs to go to the shop. Reading online, it sounds like it's a common issue, being it's a "synthetic" pan aka plastic.  WTF why would you put a plastic oil pan on a 400 hp truck.

same reason chevy has a plastic intake manifold on their 5.3L engines...to save money !.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shadetree said:

same reason chevy has a plastic intake manifold on their 5.3L engines...to save money !.

Ford Mustangs had plastic intakes too , I changed it twice on my son's car , cracked in the exact same spot 

7 minutes ago, shadetree said:

If they make them the same way as Hemi manifolds...

The way they make those is ! neat. They actually mold them in a custom metal mold. Melting temp of steel is less than plastic. They melt the metal out. Dip them. Then run a metal detector over them to ensure they got all the mold out. Then proceed to put threaded inserts in them and compression limiters.

In my 25 yrs in engineering, the coolest manufacturing process I've ever seen. Made by Siemens(15 yrs ago, not sure today) in Chatham up in Canada. Close to bcs. Stayed in a hotel that was in an old factory in downtown Chatham. Each room was 'themed'. One I was in was a Vette them and felt like a garage. Nighstands were Vette Rims. 

IN town there was a high end resto shop for cars. They restore Duesenberg's or 30s Movie Star cars.

Edited by 87Iroc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

If they make them the same way as Hemi manifolds...

The way they make those is ! neat. They actually mold them in a custom metal mold. Melting temp of steel is less than plastic. They melt the metal out. Dip them. Then run a metal detector over them to ensure they got all the mold out. Then proceed to put threaded inserts in them and compression limiters.

In my 25 yrs in engineering, the coolest manufacturing process I've ever seen. Made by Siemens(15 yrs ago, not sure today) in Chatham up in Canada. Close to bcs. Stayed in a hotel that was in an old factory in downtown Chatham. Each room was 'themed'. One I was in was a Vette them and felt like a garage. Nighstands were Vette Rims. 

IN town there was a high end resto shop for cars. They restore Duesenberg's or 30s Movie Star cars.

almost like Kevlar. 

14 hours ago, PROV said:

I'm sure the highway patrol tore him a new one.

oh yeah ... for each and every little thing ... i had a friend (passed away now) who was hauling coiled steal ... and a truck pulling a goose Neck .... was right on his trailer bumper ... Gus (my friend) was in the hammer lane ... passing a few slow moving cars .. when he got cussed by the driver of the toy hauler (over the cb) for being in the hammer lane, gus finally had room to move over ...

this part i thought was funny .... later on ... a tire came rolling into traffic and got lodged under his front tandem ... so he pulled to the shoulder ... deflated the tire ... loaded on his flat bed ... and resumed ... a mile down the road the toy hauler was on the side of the road missing a wheel ... Gus pulled over ... walked back to see if could help (setup) ... the driver explained what happened ... Gus said ... you don't recall cussing a driver out for being in the hammer lane ... guy said , that was you ?? Gus said yeah, the guy replied... you should have moved over , Gus replied ... you should have kept your nuts tight... and he walked back to his truck, with a free brand new tire with just a tad bit of road rash..i won't say what he said over the cb back to the toy hauler .... lol ... but that toy hauler deserved it.....  we ended up putting it on our cattle trailer .... lol .... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thats one way to move a goose neck ... 

Stupid of course but man... watching it turn so smooth 😆

Imagine if you had something small with four wheel steering. Use for pulling around a junkyard or something... really maneuverable!

Edit: 13:50 is the best part

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

nah ... it wouldn't handle the weight .. we delt with... but this kind of gives an idea ... i built one for my pop quick hitch on a 146  deer loader ... this toy ford wouldn't have cut it ether... BUT, IM NO EXPERT.... lol! 

how ever .... i did stay in a holiday inn express last night... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

this is just common trash!! most skilled / responsible drivers always lock the trailer brakes ... and back, the tractor up...to check the the king pin lock ...before pulling out... or .. stretch the the rig ... you never park one with slack on the king pin!! I've had mine pulled many times ... when i parked in columbia ... because people who moved in close to our grainery didn't like it ... when we unloaded late at night. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some people act like your friend , then will eat you alive !!!! ----   LOL   

image.png

• Haha 1

image.png

I think the crew that painted over this dead coon in the road should be fired , what you think ????