toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

2 hours ago, slowindown said:

Actually not a bad idea. 

9F15F71E-0544-46A9-B54C-518FA6B40513.jpeg

Hmmmm! , if the grate was rusted with no paint , I'd eat one , but if it was painted , I might want a piece of aluminum foil under mine 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tim-ANC said:

Ruins the temper of the steel

Then when you lift the gate , your going to get your hands all greasy and slimy and sooty ---- 

I had posted a joke about the same thing before , I made some home made floor boards for my 450 and used grate from the neighbor's BBQ pit ,  I was saying in a pinch you could grill on the floorboards , but I was joking for the most part , cause in an emergency , I doubt I would have steaks , it would be a bird on a stick most likely 

• Like 1

Bad Karma ::

A catalytic converter  thief  at a car dealership ,  was cutting the converter out a car that he had jacked up and the jack slip and pinned him under the car , they never found him till the next day , dead .... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TBRider said:

He needs a better grift like the last guy, telling you he's rich then asking for you to chip in 20 bucks for his pocket play money, needs to be more of a white supremacist, that would be much better....

i wouldnt know what he needs, but he does need some serious help, i just enjoy seeing him make an idiot of himself, which he looks to have a gift for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i wouldnt know what he needs, but he does need some serious help, i just enjoy seeing him make an idiot of himself, which he looks to have a gift for. 

He should be out golfing more, maybe watch some old movies of epstien and trump fondling young girls, I wonder if anyone actually believes trump is a millionaire...

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Bad Karma ::

A catalytic converter  thief  at a car dealership ,  was cutting the converter out a car that he had jacked up and the jack slip and pinned him under the car , they never found him till the next day , dead .... 

Always an inconvenience to have to wait a day for karma.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

That "scoop, there it is" commercial made me feel really, really old. 

Well that and hearing "edgy" music I grew on it playing over the intercom at Walmart.

• Like 1

I heard on the local radio station prices were expected to go to $3.00/gal reg. due to Texas refineries going off line because of the recent cold spell, the switchover to summer blend and more travel as the 'Rona restrictions lessen.  Oil prices seem to hinge around supply, demand and speculation prices on the open market.   If the current administration was really serious about their green energy plan the percieved demand for crude would drop.  That's one nice thing about the system.   If oil prices drop, green energy becomes less and less desirable.  

People can virtue signal all they want about being green but it comes down to what costs less in the end.

upload_2021-3-28_22-0-49.png

28 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

People can virtue signal all they want about being green but it comes down to what costs less in the end.

I think it is not about being green for the sake of the planet , it is just an excuse to destroy the economy and the country as we know it , but what do I know ---  it was so stupid to shut down the Keystone pipeline , which produces no carbon emissions , and then run the same oil via trains which are more dirty to the atmosphere ,  but , Warren Buffet owns the tracks so it was payback time 

Last week I paid $2.99 for diesel at Chevron , yesterday  I paid $2.75 at Shell for diesel , probably cause I was 50 miles closer to the refinery ----you know people say this fuel is better than that fuel , I have worked in the refineries , drive by the loading docks every week , have a good friend who is a loading dock pumper , and seen it so many times , just cause you go to a Shell station doesn't mean your getting Shell refined fuel , if you watch the tankers filling up at the refineries , all brands  fill up at the same pumps  , the Shell plant is 70 miles down the road and the Mobil plant is a mile away from the station , where you think they are filling up 

Everything is smoke and mirrors 

• Like 4

I was driving home yesterday, remembering how I used to toss beer bottles out of the Jeep and try to hit road signs when I was young.  Great fun.

Now I take my kids every so often and we pick up trash on the side of the road.  It's funny how as we get older and mature, we tend to think about the world we're leaving behind for our kids and grandkids, as well as other nature.

Point being, we have a responsibility to nature to not be slobs with the planet.

The problem is, all these green MANDATES end up being about putting money into someone's pockets.  As of right now, "alternative fuels" are horribly inefficient and are worse for the environment than fossil fuels.  Will that change over time?  Yes.  Is "green energy" now green?  Nope.  Last night during the ball game I saw GMC is coming out with an electric Hummer, while Ford is releasing a fugly new electric "Mustang" suv looking thing.  Let's look at the diesel burned to produce the products that are in the batteries of those electric vehicles, plus the pollution created moving those materials to a manufacturing center, making batteries, and then, worst of all, what is left when those batteries are worn out.  Anyone think about where the electricity comes from to charge those batteries?  Coal fired plants, more than likely. 

"Green" crap, as far as government is concerned, is nothing but another way to take taxpayer dollars and put them into the pockets of corrupt politicians and their cronies. 

Go out, pick up some trash on the trail.  Teach your kids the responsibility of taking care of mother nature.  Recycle when you can.  Do what you can do, but stop pushing for these corrupt POS's in govt to mandate stuff.  All is does is make us poorer, and push things down our throats that are worse for the environment that rolling coal in your diesel.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I was driving home yesterday, remembering how I used to toss beer bottles out of the Jeep and try to hit road signs when I was young.  Great fun.

Now I take my kids every so often and we pick up trash on the side of the road.  It's funny how as we get older and mature, we tend to think about the world we're leaving behind for our kids and grandkids, as well as other nature.

Point being, we have a responsibility to nature to not be slobs with the planet.

The problem is, all these green MANDATES end up being about putting money into someone's pockets.  As of right now, "alternative fuels" are horribly inefficient and are worse for the environment than fossil fuels.  Will that change over time?  Yes.  Is "green energy" now green?  Nope.  Last night during the ball game I saw GMC is coming out with an electric Hummer, while Ford is releasing a fugly new electric "Mustang" suv looking thing.  Let's look at the diesel burned to produce the products that are in the batteries of those electric vehicles, plus the pollution created moving those materials to a manufacturing center, making batteries, and then, worst of all, what is left when those batteries are worn out.  Anyone think about where the electricity comes from to charge those batteries?  Coal fired plants, more than likely. 

"Green" crap, as far as government is concerned, is nothing but another way to take taxpayer dollars and put them into the pockets of corrupt politicians and their cronies. 

Go out, pick up some trash on the trail.  Teach your kids the responsibility of taking care of mother nature.  Recycle when you can.  Do what you can do, but stop pushing for these corrupt POS's in govt to mandate stuff.  All is does is make us poorer, and push things down our throats that are worse for the environment that rolling coal in your diesel.

AMEN

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think it is not about being green for the sake of the planet , it is just an excuse to destroy the economy and the country as we know it , but what do I know ---  it was so stupid to shut down the Keystone pipeline , which produces no carbon emissions , and then run the same oil via trains which are more dirty to the atmosphere ,  but , Warren Buffet owns the tracks so it was payback time 

Last week I paid $2.99 for diesel at Chevron , yesterday  I paid $2.75 at Shell for diesel , probably cause I was 50 miles closer to the refinery ----you know people say this fuel is better than that fuel , I have worked in the refineries , drive by the loading docks every week , have a good friend who is a loading dock pumper , and seen it so many times , just cause you go to a Shell station doesn't mean your getting Shell refined fuel , if you watch the tankers filling up at the refineries , all brands  fill up at the same pumps  , the Shell plant is 70 miles down the road and the Mobil plant is a mile away from the station , where you think they are filling up 

Everything is smoke and mirrors 

I'd like to think of them as ignorant rather than trying to purposely trying to destroy an economy. 

2 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I'd like to think of them as ignorant rather than trying to purposely trying to destroy an economy. 

Usually it's a bit of both. 

We're getting into politics again, but something I think that is relevant to EVERYONE, is that there are people out there with bad intentions, and people with good intentions.

There are definitely people who are not ignorant, but who are pushing a narrative trying to fleece the taxpayers, gaining power in the process.

There are also greedy, corrupt businesses who do the same.

That's why when you look at the Democrats (statists) and Republicans (corporatists) you see two seemingly enemies, who ultimately don't mind slinking around in the shadows trying to figure out the best way to profit, usually out of the pockets of the taxpayers. 

Two sides of the same coin.  Neither side will give you a "win". 

Chances are your neighbor down the street with a GOP or a DNC sign in his yard doesn't necessarily have bad intentions.  They are just foolish enough to think that THEIR politicians are best suited to "fix" our problems.

Either way, they are wrong.  Politicians cause problems, they don't solve them.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Think about it , to build something new , you first have to tear down what you had 

• Like 1