toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

13 hours ago, LedFTed said:

must be the same wire welder i bought. the feed skips, some times it feeds some times it dont. ya get what ya pay for. over an over and over and, lol

This one’s from harbor freight

• Like 1

Wow , if I welded like that I  wouldn't show anyone  and enroll in the Youtube academy of welding , LOL !!!!! 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , if I welded like that I  wouldn't show anyone  and enroll in the Youtube academy of welding , LOL !!!!! 

rofl..omg..wayyyyy too funny !..lol. heck..i'm not the best welder ?, but i sure as heck can do 10 times better than his !..lol. then again..he did say its with a harbor freight welder..soooo...lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shade i don't think I've ever read anything from you on how good barber freight is, I've  been in the new one in columbia, i wasn't iimpressed at all, and i won't be going back...... I'll pay a tad more going to rippy industrial auto  parts, jimmy rippy has never failed getting me some parts that no one else can, plus it's a locally family owned.... I'd rather support locally owned businesses..... They can just about anything, plus the rippy family are good people. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Shade i don't think I've ever read anything from you on how good barber freight is, I've  been in the new one in columbia, i wasn't iimpressed at all, and i won't be going back...... I'll pay a tad more going to rippy industrial auto  parts, jimmy rippy has never failed getting me some parts that no one else can, plus it's a locally family owned.... I'd rather support locally owned businesses..... They can just about anything, plus the rippy family are good people. 

harbor freight is a throw away tool place..use it one time ( if yer lucky ? ), toss it..cuz its worthless after that. i've always been a craftsman tool guy..but we all know where they went too !. good thing i've still got craftsman tools from 25 yrs ago !.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Man that chain ? Might need replacing, i can't tell from the pic how pitted with rust it is, and whether it can saved, that's a danger in it's self...... If it were me and i was keeping the saw, I'd replace that chain. 

22 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Man that chain ? Might need replacing, i can't tell from the pic how pitted with rust it is, and whether it can saved, that's a danger in it's self...... If it were me and i was keeping the saw, I'd replace that chain. 

As rusty as that chain is I wonder if its actually going around the bar, bet there are a few areas its frozen....

On 9/24/2022 at 12:22 AM, shadetree said:

harbor freight is a throw away tool place..use it one time ( if yer lucky ? ), toss it..cuz its worthless after that. i've always been a craftsman tool guy..but we all know where they went too !. good thing i've still got craftsman tools from 25 yrs ago !.

I hear ya shade, I also have old Craftsman sockets and wrenches.  My hope is I never break one because if it gets replaced I can guarantee the new one will break much quicker.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcsman said:

As rusty as that chain is I wonder if its actually going around the bar, bet there are a few areas its frozen....

Bet your right, 

On 9/23/2022 at 4:24 PM, Harleydavidson said:

This one’s from harbor freight

Southern Tool/troll Supply, had way too many welds like that.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:20 PM, Harleydavidson said:

The $15 chain saw has tried to kill me 5 times today

B92D70C4-437D-47B5-9B3F-07A9AC5A6BE7.jpeg

throw away the chain, then after that, throw away the bar, then after that, the saw..

at least $80.oo too much spent.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 3

On 9/23/2022 at 11:22 PM, shadetree said:

Isn't your press from Horrid Fright?

I've had good luck with their floor jack, press, and a few other knick knacks.  The list of things I'd buy there is very small, and getting smaller as their quality circles the toilet.

I have read their big rolling toolboxes are a very good value and are good quality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I've had good luck with their floor jack, press, and a few other knick knacks.  The list of things I'd buy there is very small, and getting smaller as their quality circles the toilet.

I have read their big rolling toolboxes are a very good value and are good quality.

Harbor freight has irritated me the last few years.  First they did the "compare to".  Now they seem to think their prices should compare to as well.  I don't mind paying 25 cents on the dollar for a junk  tool.  I figure if I use it enough to break it I'll go ahead and replace it with a good one.  Some tools are still working from HF.  But to pay 75% of what a good tool costs it too much of a gamble. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

yes..my shop press is from there..but thats not a hand tool !..lol.

31 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Ain't this the truth !!!

image.png

I can relate to that.  It was in about 1977 or 1978 that I redid a 350 Honda in the living room of our house trailer.  My wife actually took it pretty well but to my credit I did take it outside to paint it.  I put a Sportster look alike gas tank on it and a king & queen seat.  I thought I was really cool but I'm sure nobody else thought I was.  

Edited by RubiDan
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I've used the US General ones and they are good. I haven't been around the Yukon ones yet. I have had good luck with their floor jacks and quite a few of their products. I even used one of their welders for a while and it would weld fine but lacked the adjustments I want in a welder.