toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Floater Turd , LOL 

image.png

Nope! Lol i love it, but the comment i WAS going to make went right out the window.....lol! Wicked jut plain wicked... Trully one of the kind.... Besides the one that has a metal human looking arm wrapped around the snorkle... .... Mind blowing designs lol! We KINDA have an idea what the end result is when a mechanic goes all bonkers ... wth would be a good, or even a close descriptive term for when a honda atv owner flips out... Which apparently happened to that poor fellah..... 

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Yea.  That’s it.  Wonder why you can’t see it.  I can.  

image.png

Junk OS .... Not a word from you shade..... Sigh.... 

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

we had something like this, cept it was more flat , the big knob was on top,flat. i also remember turning the tv pole alot back in the day..lol.

We didnt have one.... All the signals back then came straight out of the north..... 2,4,5,8,17, and when it rained channel 30. 

One of these antenna gizmos would be a good thing  today where I live , with an antenna I could get about 30 stations from New Orleans which is due south , then I could get another 30 channels from Gulfport , Mississippi which is due east , I have heard of people putting up two antennas , one facing each way , with a A/B switch >>> now granted some of the channels would have the same stuff ,  but for free , you could get local air tv 

image.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I remember this gizmo , great invention , I did not have to go outside and turn the antenna no more 

* you would turn the knob and if would light go , click , click , click , till it hit your spot " 

image.png

I grew up with one of those and bought another a few years ago to spin the biggest Winegard they make.

Are You talking receiving channels NOT Transmitter via sat ? I heard about some type of converter box they offered here when sat tv baisically took over.. In other words you can get 2,4,5,8,17,ect (abc NBC CBS PBS fox .....) without switching to direct, dish ect..but! Your limited on channels, here i think here just the basic free channels we used to get are still free just in deferent format (say like analog verses digital)  n yeah  I have seen multipul directional beams... On a single home....whether both were for receiving tv signals ? I couldnt say... I think ? @TBRider has some expertise on that subject.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Are You talking receiving channels NOT Transmitter via sat ? I heard about some type of converter box they offered here when sat tv baisically took over.. In other words you can get 2,4,5,8,17,ect (abc NBC CBS PBS fox .....) without switching to direct, dish ect..but! Your limited on channels, here i think here just the basic free channels we used to get are still free just in deferent format (say like analog verses digital)  n yeah  I have seen multipul directional beams... On a single home....whether both were for receiving tv signals ? I couldnt say... I think ? @TBRider has some expertise on that subject.  

yes , for a while you needed a supporting box , but now all the new tvs seem to have what it takes ---- they are HD digital channels , like the basic here are 4, 6, 8, 12, 26, 32 and each one of those are broken into 3 , like 4A, 4b, 4c , --- what I have now for " hurricane times " are antennas that look like a big plastic card , you can tack them to the wall behind the tv where you can't see them , they have a box that hooks in line to the tv from the card , you tune it and bam you got air tv , it is very clear , as clear as cable 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

All my TVs are smart TVs and I use the Amazon FireTV on them.  I can switch inputs to watch broadcast TV from the antenna or monitor the security cameras.

Funny story:  We had DirectTV and hated it.  My internet was 3Mbps DSL and that was completely useless for streaming.  Got into a ! match with ATT and told them I was done.  Dropped landline, internet and sat. TV.  Put up the antenna and calculated I'd get 6-8 channels.   I got 52!  One problem was the TVs needed to do a channel search and everytime I spun the antenna another search was needed wiping out the previously saved channels.  Wife was happy.  Temporarily anyway.  Turns out when I got the 52 broadcast channels the atmospheric conditions allowed E skip.  When we settled in that night to watch TV we only had 6 clear channels to watch.  Within a week or so I found a fixed wireless internet available that was truly unlimited data.  So the big Winegard now is mostly a bird perch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You mind sharing the fixed wireless provider. I'm sure its not for me but the local providers have a monopoly going here and I'm tired of both there sheet

4 hours ago, rustynut2 said:

You mind sharing the fixed wireless provider. I'm sure its not for me but the local providers have a monopoly going here and I'm tired of both there sheet

It's Watch Communications.   I believe the office is in Lima OH.  Our county recieved federal funds to expand internet.   I got lucky since through a hole in my trees I can see the antenna on the roof of a house 1.7 miles away.  I'm on the north face, he's on the south face of the hills surrounding the river valley.   I had to do my own legwork since when the company used my address it showed unavailable.   Being a small company with English speaking Ohioans the let me speak with the engineers and they told me the location of the antenna.   When told them I had a clear view they came right out.  It's about 80 bucks a month for 25Mbps.  While traveling we use Starlink RV with just screams speed wise but next month it will be 150 a month.  However we can pause the one we aren't using.  

• Like 3

On 3/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, Fishfiles said:

I remember this gizmo , great invention , I did not have to go outside and turn the antenna no more 

* you would turn the knob and if would light go , click , click , click , till it hit your spot " 

image.png

I recall using one of those growing up.

I think we got three channels on our black and white TV, Life was good back then!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, THH said:

I recall using one of those growing up.

I think we got three channels on our black and white TV, Life was good back then!!

I remember when I was a kid we had 4 channels , 4, 6, 8 and 12 was public broadcasting , all TV channels went off the air at like 12:00 midnight ,  then they went late night  to 2:00 , LOL 

• Like 2

Vacuum cleaner broke , so I put a Can-Am sticker on it , sure enough it sucks again 

• Haha 4

Was looking to get my bellhousing welded , buddy said his friend could fix it , came back like this , LOL 

image.png

• Haha 1

You can lead a dummy to the facts , 

But you can't make him think !!! 

9 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

All my TVs are smart TVs and I use the Amazon FireTV on them.  I can switch inputs to watch broadcast TV from the antenna or monitor the security cameras.

Funny story:  We had DirectTV and hated it.  My internet was 3Mbps DSL and that was completely useless for streaming.  Got into a ! match with ATT and told them I was done.  Dropped landline, internet and sat. TV.  Put up the antenna and calculated I'd get 6-8 channels.   I got 52!  One problem was the TVs needed to do a channel search and everytime I spun the antenna another search was needed wiping out the previously saved channels.  Wife was happy.  Temporarily anyway.  Turns out when I got the 52 broadcast channels the atmospheric conditions allowed E skip.  When we settled in that night to watch TV we only had 6 clear channels to watch.  Within a week or so I found a fixed wireless internet available that was truly unlimited data.  So the big Winegard now is mostly a bird perch.

Intresting! I'll be reading up on e-skip.... I used to could pickup the audio signal of 2,4,5, and 17 (i believe ?) around the 450 mhz range.... Then it changed to white noise (digital ?) now there is no sound the reciever just sqeltches out same as if a repeater closes, unless i loosen the sqlech setting.... Then it's just plain static... Unless the radio has an internal birdie... 

My Grandma had an aluminum Christmas tree with two of these lights on them , it was too cool 

image.png

• Like 1

I have now added roofing to the list of things that I can "kinda do".  Not well enough to do it for a living, but well enough to save myself from hiring it out.

1FCDCEC9-CA45-49FE-BC84-69ED394E5EC5.jpeg

• Like 3