toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Think this one may have been posted --- but oh so true 

image.png

I paid off my student loans a year ago. 

My oldest kid is majoring in chemistry, with the plan being pharmacy school.  That requires a college degree.

But anything outside of STEM majors is questionable these days.  I have BA's in Finance and Marketing.  I learned NOTHING in college.  What i know I either learned from my father, in high school (my parents sent me to a very challenging prep school), or on the job AFTER college. 

General studies, underwater basket weaving, philosophy, etc.  All useless these days.  My middle kid has no idea what she wants to do.  She has scholarships to go to state college in the fall.  I'm already leaning on her to figure it out, because she's not going to just float along and get a worthless degree.  Nursing now is paying $$$, but nursing it like teaching; it takes someone made for that career to be good at it.  Those are not fields that just anyone will be able to do well.

Our colleges are broken.  Most no longer educate, they instead indoctrinate, and at a huge cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kid Rock recently announced a huge world tour with more than 30 dates in North America alone. In the wake of the fiasco with Bud Light’s new wokeness policies, however, Kid announced some major changes.

There will be no Bud Light at any of his shows. There will be no Bud Light advertisements or merchandise allowed anywhere near the venue. A $4 million deal between Kid and the company to promote the brand has been canceled.

“It will cost Bud Light about $12 million in revenue and a lot of bad publicity,” said tour promoter Joe Barron, “in the end, Anheuser Busch made a huge error in judgment here.”

The tour will, instead, lean heavily on other rural favorites like PBR and Natty Light. “Natural Light is a great alternative to Bud Light,” said Barron, “and there won’t be any men dressed like women trying to sell it to you.”

“the bulk of the people at the shows will be tweaking,” said Kid, “so it really don’t matter that much. All they need is some cold water and a handful of pennies and they’re good to go.”

The tour kicks off this summer in Nashville and continues through the season, stopping wherever they can gather 4,000 billies who actually listen to his crap. God Bless America.

• Like 1

image.png

A rumor recently surfaced online that Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Budweiser, among other popular brands, fired its entire marketing department over the decision to honor a transgender person on a can of the popular Bud Light.

The campaign ended in disaster, with Kid Rock humiliating the company by shooting the crap out of a bunch of beer he had purchased for the occasion. Bud Light sales immediately dropped 80 percent, Augustus Anheuser had to issue a formal apology, and Kid Rock ultimately had the beer banned from his upcoming tour.

But did the company fire its entire marketing department over it? Yes, that’s true. The official line from the human resources department was “go woke go broke.”

true.png?resize=300%2C213&ssl=1

We looked into the source of the rumor and tracked down the original author, who wishes to remain anonymous. In order to protect our source, we asked an independent auditor to review the piece and check the writer’s credentials, all of which came back to a person with a stellar reputation. Therefore, we stand by our rating having followed the standards of journalistical integrity.

Hopefully, the marketing department can be rebuilt to include some American values instead of the woke fads of some kids who are probably too young to drink anyway. God Bless America.

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

A rumor recently surfaced online that Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Budweiser, among other popular brands, fired its entire marketing department over the decision to honor a transgender person on a can of the popular Bud Light.

The campaign ended in disaster, with Kid Rock humiliating the company by shooting the crap out of a bunch of beer he had purchased for the occasion. Bud Light sales immediately dropped 80 percent, Augustus Anheuser had to issue a formal apology, and Kid Rock ultimately had the beer banned from his upcoming tour.

But did the company fire its entire marketing department over it? Yes, that’s true. The official line from the human resources department was “go woke go broke.”

true.png?resize=300%2C213&ssl=1

We looked into the source of the rumor and tracked down the original author, who wishes to remain anonymous. In order to protect our source, we asked an independent auditor to review the piece and check the writer’s credentials, all of which came back to a person with a stellar reputation. Therefore, we stand by our rating having followed the standards of journalistical integrity.

Hopefully, the marketing department can be rebuilt to include some American values instead of the woke fads of some kids who are probably too young to drink anyway. God Bless America.

It's at least partially true.

https://dunning-kruger-times.com/augustus-anheuser-iii-issues-official-apology-for-the-bud-light-fiasco/