Deerhunter_1

2010 Rancher no spark/fuel

I have a 2010 rancher Fourtrax, efi eps es, all the electrical crap, parked it for a week, and went to start it, and it just cranks away with a blinking (-). I have replaced the Gear Position sensor, fuel pump relay, cleaned the es motor, cleaned most of the connectors, and re soldered all the ignition switch wires and yes i have checked the fuses. I might be missing few things there but its been awhile. But the coil isnt firing, does have voltage at the coil, and the fuel pump isnt switching on. The PS light is flashing some codes.
Video Link Below. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. Im about over this, i have at least 20 hours in troubleshooting in this thing... 

Video-->https://youtu.be/oM_eMFvUHgI

Edited by Deerhunter_1

I got to run for a bit, but is the neutral light lit up on the dash ?. if you watch the dashes, count them, they are trouble codes !. you may be able to get the service manual for free from our site here ?, if ya get the code, look it up in the trouble code section, that will narrow it down for you !

If you don't have a manual, download one from the main menu bar. Have you tried a code retrieval yet? There might be some stored codes for the ES system that might help point us in a direction.

The power steering codes are 24: engine speed signal - 31: high/low LG1 terminal voltage  - 32: high/low VBU voltage. I would start with trying a code retrieval and testing the known codes, that's where the manual is gong to come into play. There are a lot of terminals in the system that can give issues and one system can effect the other (EPS/ESP).  

23 hours ago, toodeep said:

If you don't have a manual, download one from the main menu bar. Have you tried a code retrieval yet? There might be some stored codes for the ES system that might help point us in a direction.

The power steering codes are 24: engine speed signal - 31: high/low LG1 terminal voltage  - 32: high/low VBU voltage. I would start with trying a code retrieval and testing the known codes, that's where the manual is gong to come into play. There are a lot of terminals in the system that can give issues and one system can effect the other (EPS/ESP).  

I just attempted to pull the codes, it is just the flashing ps light again. The gear light is just a constant flash. Am I understanding this wrong or is something else different. I can also make any videos if necessary

Quote from service manual

"2. Remove the dummy connector and short the
DLC terminals using the special tool.
TOOL: SCS connector 070PZ-ZY30100
CONNECTION: Brown/red - Green
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON and read the gear
position indicator blinks. The number of blinks
indicates the Stored DTC.

Edited by Deerhunter_1

Hi: Go to the service manual Section 6  -- page 6 - 55 & 6-56 -- do the continuity checks on the 3 Green wire from harness to ground.

2 hours ago, Melatv said:

Hi: Go to the service manual Section 6  -- page 6 - 55 & 6-56 -- do the continuity checks on the 3 Green wire from harness to ground.

All the ground and voltage test check out there

Okay -- did you check the Bl/W  wire on the gray connector when as well?

9 minutes ago, Melatv said:

Okay -- did you check the Bl/W  wire on the gray connector when as well?

I did check a bl/w on the black 33p connector. I didnt do one on the gray. Its was the engine stop switch line

Edited by Deerhunter_1

Forget about the gray one I am working on another bike also 

Check CKP -- should read 140 Ohms 

IAT  -- should read 2.2-2.7 Kohms

Ect -- should read 2.3 - 2.6 Kohms

9 hours ago, Melatv said:

Forget about the gray one I am working on another bike also 

Check CKP -- should read 140 Ohms 

IAT  -- should read 2.2-2.7 Kohms

Ect -- should read 2.3 - 2.6 Kohms

Check at the sensors? Or is there a place at the ecu or whatever Honda calls it? And if it means anything I can have the pcm ecm unplugged and it changes absolutely nothing, still just unresponsive as ever.

Edited by Deerhunter_1

They all can be checked at the Gray connector on the PCM

Check CKP -- should read 140 Ohms === Bu/Y & G/W wire

IAT  -- should read 2.2-2.7 Kohms === G/R & Gr wire

Ect -- should read 2.3 - 2.6 Kohms === G/R & Bl/Bu wire