F250 guy

Winch question.

@shadetree and I were talking about a problem I had and the topic of winches came up, I was curious if anyone knew or has photos of their winch under the fender of a 300 Fourtrax, mostly what I'm looking for are maximum height measurements. I found out Warn makes a VRX series. But the height is 4.74 on the gearbox. My Terra is way to tall. Any help or pictures would be appreciated. I'm looking for a replacement winch if possible, the rack isn't a smart mounting place, "haven't used it, cause was going to route new cables but haven't got to it" LIFE got in the way. 

Or I wanna find an old XT or pro vantage 25 if still new ones around.

Screenshot_20200224-214114.png

Screenshot_20200224-214043.png

Edited by F250 guy

here is the warn winch I installed on a 1996 trx300fw, with a KFI mounting plate, and like I told you on the phone, I had them swap out the hawse fairlead for a roller fair lead. or, you can purchase a roller fairlead from KFI when you purchase their KFI mounting plate, everything fit great, all I had to do to make clearance under the front fender, the headlight plastic cups were in the way, I removed them, worked great. by the way, this is the old version provantage 2500s warn winch !!!, they still sell them,---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-New-OEM-UTV-Warn-Pro-Vantage-2500-S-Winch-Outlander-Renegade-715003472/401920466917?epid=525221532&hash=item5d94539fe5:g:0rIAAOSw2sZdow96 . PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MODEL IT SAYS IT FITS !!, I found this on ebay, this is the cheapest  warn in this model on the whole page, they showed a lot of these, all different prices, listings for all models, but same warn winch !..lol.

F250 , what  year 300 are you trying to put a winch on , cause there are differences along the way 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

F250 , what  year 300 are you trying to put a winch on , cause there are differences along the way 

his sig says 1993 trx300 2wd.

^^ I got to looking and comparing numbers and the Mile Marker 2500 is geared more 241:1 and a 2 or 3HP motor all fully sealed with IP67 Oring seals 3 stage planetary gear and will fit under my fender. 

Just saying not buying now just saying. I think I'll let my uncle have my Terra 35 for his new Honda pioneer. Or for his wife's John Deere Gator.

Edited by F250 guy

3 hours ago, F250 guy said:

^^ I got to looking and comparing numbers and the Mile Marker 2500 is geared more 241:1 and a 2 or 3HP motor all fully sealed with IP67 Oring seals 3 stage planetary gear and will fit under my fender. 

Just saying not buying now just saying. I think I'll let my uncle have my Terra 35 for his new Honda pioneer. Or for his wife's John Deere Gator.

and does this '' mile marker 2500b '' have a warranty as good as warn ?..never heard of them ?, who makes them ?, where they built ?.

27 minutes ago, shadetree said:

and does this '' mile marker 2500b '' have a warranty as good as warn ?..never heard of them ?, who makes them ?, where they built ?.

Here's the most recent info I found. But in my defense lol I'm looking at all brands one that keeps jumping out at me is KFI cause of the lower amp draw at load 170 at 2,500 pounds. And all metal construction but, not fully waterproof. 

Yea I looked at the warn VRX25 but I don't think at 4.7 inches tall the gearbox will fit under my fender to where the top of the gearbox doesn't hit my fender underneath. 

What I was hoping for are pictures from folks with warns on 300s that clear the front fender underneath.so I can see before I buy. Just shopping not buying as of now.

Screenshot_20200225-145535.png

Edited by F250 guy

I linked you the warn provantage 2500s (old style ) now your just plain over thinking this !..lol. I also told you, it fit a 1996 trx300fw with no problems, after I removed the headlight cups. unless your stuck on getting a cable warn provantage 2500 ?, then I don't know what to tell ya ?. both are same winch, just one is rope, other is cable, the letter S behind the 2500 means is has rope.

2 minutes ago, shadetree said:

I linked you the warn provantage 2500s (old style ) now your just plain over thinking this !..lol. I also told you, it fit a 1996 trx300fw with no problems, after I removed the headlight cups. unless your stuck on getting a cable warn provantage 2500 ?, then I don't know what to tell ya ?. both as same winch, just one is rope, other is cable, the letter S behind the 2500 means is has rope.

I'll look into it while on downtime when I'm free. Thanks, I just want a factory look is all. 😁

31 minutes ago, F250 guy said:

I'll look into it while on downtime when I'm free. Thanks, I just want a factory look is all. 😁

warn pro vantage 2500S, roller fairlead, KFI mounting plate, then its all down to bolting it all in, wiring it up, done deal !. get the warn winch from my link, go to KFI, look up the correct mounting plate for your year, make , model, you also can look at their KFI roller fairleads while your on their site.

• Thanks 1