_Wilson_™

Rare hard to find parts, and accessories

26 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

your talking bout that moose shifter ? i agree .... i got that one when i messed up my back... it helped a great deal, but yes love hate with it.. lol, thankfully my back issue was a temp issue .. so took the shifter off, but it's still there if i need it. i got the longest one moose offered ... i believe fish uses one, or used to... 

Yep. I haven't bothered to take it off yet but I've threatened too many times.

• Haha 1

i hear you! mine came in handy when hauling wood ... most of the terrain i was covering (loaded up with firewood) was too ruff for higher gears so... low rpm, and from sl aka 1 to 2....and reverse was it! t . i can see using one in deep mudding  conditions , or if one happens to be handicapped..... that's why i KINDA like es models ..... just think honda should have designed them better ... 

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

your talking bout that moose shifter ? i agree .... i got that one when i messed up my back... it helped a great deal, but yes love hate with it.. lol, thankfully my back issue was a temp issue .. so took the shifter off, but it's still there if i need it. i got the longest one moose offered ... i believe fish uses one, or used to... 

I have the 15 inch'ers on my 300s and the 22 inch'er on my 450 , I love it , but our style of riding is different than most , spend a lot of time standing on the floor boards or both feet on one side floor board 

• Haha 1

i used mine when  hauling firewood on a particular steep hill.... (north and south)  standing on the floorboards, the only way down with a load was zig zag (east and west) down ... no amount  of brakes (including engine braking) would have help slow a straight down (north) haul.. the only other way to stop was to head straight east or west... so IMO ... those shifters are worth the money! 

Oh Boy i can still get lucky.

found this rare NOS Hondaline work light with some shelf wear on it. Paid a pretty penny but happy with it.

CA54006E-C8B6-4A32-8A9D-1FEDDB287E01.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 6

$651 , what a joke , I wouldn't give $65 for it , I really wouldn't want it on my atv if it were free , draws more  amps then modern LED lights do , not much light as compared to modern lights and takes up a lot of space ----- unless someone was building a period correct restoration -----   it is worthless to me 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

nice find gooder.... that's too much for me ... way too much! on a note you did a rebuild on yours .... can you post those pics back up ..... I've looked here and in the other forum, can't seem to locate the bulb, but it's not a par bulb like (pic) my ram light has. 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks like they sold new (35 years ago) for $79.95. Seems they were offered for the ATC 200 and later at least up to 1990 TRX300. You just don’t see them among the quad owners though.
Working Light accessory is very desired among ATC owners. heard the spotlights were believed to cause stator failures. Perhaps so if the engines were idling and headlight on also.

I’ll admit I’m pretty crazy for these old accessory items.

@_Wilson_™ i will double-check my spot lamp for bulb type and get a picture of the base for you. Seems I wanted to get spare bulbs too. Here’s one i put on my watch list for some reason.

5486CEBD-5EFC-4E36-81AA-BFC5C05C859F.png

• Like 1

thanks! I've looked over both forums .... and still can't find those pics ...and no surprise ....there's no information online ... 

• Sad 1

I picked up this 125 parts bike back a few months ago (wanted the engine and tires). 

Cost me $100. 

I traded the front fender and gas tank (tank was rough, had peeling Red Kote on the inside) for a 05-11 Foreman rear diff, and sold the Hondaline headlight grill for $75 yesterday. 

It's funny what will bring $$$ and what you about have to give away.

125 front rack.jpg

headlight guard.jpg

• Like 2

what model did that head light guard go on..... ?? it's been a while sence I've seen one of those .... never seen one on a machine .... just a few for sell on ebay..... they sure do go for some big $$$

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

what model did that head light guard go on..... ?? it's been a while sence I've seen one of those .... never seen one on a machine .... just a few for sell on ebay..... they sure do go for some big $$$

It's for that little 125 pictured.  The headlight was busted on it when I got it, but it had the guard on it.  I have another 125 I picked up for $50 a while back (see attachment).  I split it with @basfnb a couple of years ago.  He paid $50, got the front bumper and rear rack for his kid's 125, and I got the rest for my $50.  Engine top end was disassembled and missing parts, but looked good otherwise.   I plan on putting one good one together out of the two.  The one @basfnb and I split already had a light grill on the headlight so I sold the extra one.

125.jpg

• Thanks 1

here's another one ...(honda tool box) .. I've never seen in person, not even on ebay... @Goober i know there's someone who has one... just not sure who it is ... there also a member who reworked one these small honda trailers, i believe it's posted in the old forums ... and check out the last pic ... nice little yard trailer ..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I seen that same pic of the tool box on facebook  ------  I don't get the draw to Vintage Honda Line products , but to each their own , maybe if I was going to hang it on a wall of my vintage atv shop , but not to use , especially for the prices they want ----  LOL 

• Sad 1

just chalk it up to the illness lol! I've always been a collector ... but NO .... i will not pay a ridiculous price... besides most of those parts are gone with the wind ....  i love the history of the classic Hondas ... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

took me a few to dig this up......  hondaline tool box...... @Goober i kind of recall you saying someone here had one .... that treasure is also a very hard item to locate 

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I am not that into vintage accessories ,they are cool especially if you are into the vintage stuff , but  the stuff they have today is so much better  and cost less brand new then what people want for used vintage stuff -----Pelican boxes are nice , water proof and you can drive over them ----- Harbor Freight has the cloned Pelican boxes  called Apache and they are cheap , I got this one on back the wife's bike at the flea market  , she always packs a grip when she rides , which she has not in a while now , think she is scared 

fullsizeoutput_cde.jpeg

• Confused 1

Would I pay $555 for a light that doesn't put out as much light and draws more amps then a LED that cost $525 less -----  No !!! But I am not a collector , I am a Hoarder /User LOL 

Notice the name of the seller , hmmmm ! 

fullsizeoutput_ce0.jpeg

• Haha 1