_Wilson_™

Rare hard to find parts, and accessories

Yeah that’s just for the light! My guess maybe seller is testing the market.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164786195335

1985 To 1987 Honda ATC Big Red Hondaline Spotlight Oem. This was removed from a titled 2 owner 1985 Honda big red 250es and is in good and Condition is “Used”. Overall this is an excellent ad on to any big red three wheeler. It plugs into the light attachment that’s factory on any big red and will bolt on to any three wheeler since they have the holes needed for the factory set up to bolt on. Has an on off switch on the back at the light so you can run it separate from the headlight. This is an OEM Honda add-on that is quite rare to come by. 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

I recently seen two  Honda Line lights for sale , the guy wanted $600 for one that worked , and $500 for one with a broken glass that didn't work -----

I spend a lot of time on the Honda Hoarder site and the prices I see people pay for vintage stuff is ridiculous ,  personally , I wouldn't even want a  Honda Line light  on my bike if it were free , lights out there now days  give off more light , draw less amps , are a smaller package and look a lot better ---- but I would buy one to flip and make some money 

• Like 2

You'll have a collector out there that ONLY needs that one rare part, and he'll pay $$$$ to be "finished" with his rig.

It happens.  See it a lot in the Jeep CJ community. 

It it happens very often, you'll see someone start making reproductions of the part

• Like 2

i would pay a hair over stock price for one, but it would have to be mint! but i went with a ram clamp setup, which allows me to rotate, or place spot  light where ever i wish, you can't with the hondaline light. universal use is what i look at most when looking at options. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

Me too Wilson.  I use my stuff, and don't want to be worried about breaking a $1500 spot light LOL. 

I'd like to have a reproduction if it were cheap and had a bright LED in it though!

• Like 2

yep, if i end up breaking the ram, i can get another one, if i did get one, (which i know where a big stash of hondaline parts are) it would be just for a collector, more then likely i would flip it, but not at  a robbery price, i would say how much do you think it's worth ? if the price offered was good, I'd probably send it on. fair is fair, highway robbery is just that!  ... and, nah, that's not me, besides, if your always worried about messing it up, it's really of no good use, IMO. 

• Like 2

i bought a NOS lamp—really thot i wanted that one—and resold it to buy some hunting gear. It was collector worthy.

The one i currently have came off a junked 86 TRX350; i repainted everything but the housing and replaced the power cord. I’m going to sell it because you guys are right I’m not a collector. This one needs to pay for my new catfish reel, which i will use more often.

• Like 2

it will sell, I'll bet money it will, with those getting more and more hard to find, some collector will jump on it. 

• Like 1

@Orvis25 here's a pic of that runleader meter (top) i looked and looked for the online manual, but like i said they stopped production on that meter, but they do have others just not like that one... right off the top of my head it has a tach, (.05 cycle time) hour meter, clock, engine temp, highest rpm record, highest temp record, >>>>>over speed warning, high temp warning, service time alert<<<<< those two settings you have to program yourself, its green back lit, that flashes when the machine goes past any warning limit, you have set, and it wires into the 12 volt system... the battery inside the unit is just to retain memory, and the gauge stays live all the time, but after a certain amount of time the green back light goes off.... i leave one on temp all the time, so when i go to the shop, it's always reading engine temp whether the bike is running or not, this goes for everything hours tach etc... this is an older pic before i got the twin, and neatened up the wire harness, now....the top meter measures the bottom of the engine temp, and the one in the middle measures the head temp, the bottom is a led lit battery gauge, also with a built in warning, I'll look more for that manual just check there site out here http://www.run-leader.com/ this meter is called all function multifunction hour meter and yes it's weather proof, but not water proof. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@Orvis25 here's a pic of that runleader meter (top) i looked and looked for the online manual, but like i said they stopped production on that meter, but they do have others just not like that one... right off the top of my head it has a tach, (.05 cycle time) hour meter, clock, engine temp, highest rpm record, highest temp record, >>>>>over speed warning, high temp warning, service time alert<<<<< those two settings you have to program yourself, its green back lit, that flashes when the machine goes past any warning limit, you have set, and it wires into the 12 volt system... the battery inside the unit is just to retain memory, and the gauge stays live all the time, but after a certain amount of time the green back light goes off.... i leave one on temp all the time, so when i go to the shop, it's always reading engine temp whether the bike is running or not, this goes for everything hours tach etc... this is an older pic before i got the twin, and neatened up the wire harness, now....the top meter measures the bottom of the engine temp, and the one in the middle measures the head temp, the bottom is a led lit battery gauge, also with a built in warning, I'll look more for that manual just check there site out here http://www.run-leader.com/ this meter is called all function multifunction hour meter and yes it's weather proof, but not water proof. 

image.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. 

Was looking at them last night when you mentioned you had 3. 

Looking at the RL-HM035L model. Seems to be the only one they offer now that operate of 12v  with a battery for memory backup. 

• Like 1

they have more, just check the site. i think they have one now close to mine that also monitors the battery charge discharge rate, but i can't see the site any longer.... doesn't work on my end, but I'll check from another devise, but this ones pricy! this is the only information i can get just make sure the one you get has a refresh rate of .05 sec @Mac102004 advised me when i started looking for a meter like those  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Runleader-HM400-Multifunction-Digital-Hour-Meter-Chainsaw-Tachometer-/273838804261

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

orvis you might also check with @Goober, and @Mac102004 (<<< if you can catch him online.... lol) about those meters i would say they know more then i do.... but I'll get that  trx300 fourtrax speedo kit part number, but it's just as Bcs said.... there going to be hard to locate, and very pricy if you luck up on one  (nos). most i see nowa days are used beat up, and still cost way too much, and that's just about for all the hondaline parts.... 

You can get the TRX300 mount kits and cable for less than $50 but the heads are expensive. like $350 NIB.

i had a complete unused Hondaline spotlight and a TRX350 speedometer kit NIB. Sold both to buy a Tikka T3x 7mm Remmie in Truetimber Strata. Got my Elk with it in January 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

i believe those kit part numbers have changed over the years this is what i have on mine 08E80-HM4-300-02  <<<< (gauge only) 1993 

gear box set 08175-HC500 1994 

ill get some pics of my paper work soon, i used the trx 350 cable because it's longer, and I wasn't cutting a hole in my front plastic... lol 

• Like 2

Don't worry about it @_Wilson_™
If its as @Goober says and this would be a $100+ thing, I will just go with a 12v digital one. 

I will most likely pick up the RL-HM035L since its basic, less than $30, but has what I wanted (operation hours, 12v hookup, and engine RPM)

Appreciate the help. 

Edited by Orvis25

glad to help, and we did say they were not cheep if you even located one, if i find one, I'll let you know, sometimes you can lucky, they ask for a limb for the head..... sigh. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I used to have a well used speedo set for the 300 but I have no idea where I put it. Wouldn’t be worth more than $100 but the likely hood of me finding where I left it is slim haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very interesting thread, I had no idea about Honda line accessories, from what I’ve seen extremely rare, and difficult to locate these days. 

• Like 1

thank you, very true .... the credit for this thread doesn't go to me, goes to all those involed, and yup rare / hard to find AND costly.... lol! but you need to get a 300 fourtrax 1st, and even those are becoming rare.....

• Haha 1

Just installed the CMP cooler carrier my daughter bought for me for my birthday/Christmas. Didn’t want to drill any holes in the fender. She bought this NIB not a scratch.

i don’t know how I’m going to mount my gun—looks like it will stick up too high. Divided on the look—but it matches the rear carrier. 

C4E6B4DB-B197-47A5-871C-328CCFF3B0AB.jpeg

F949E7F5-CEAC-46DF-8676-45A22ED65A55.jpeg

50920A8A-B394-4CCA-B3E1-8B2A55E232F5.jpeg

• Like 3

nice score! goober...... you luck up on all the treasures.... lol! might have to ask you.... to keep an eye out for a 424 kickout.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Goober said:

Just installed the CMP cooler carrier my daughter bought for me for my birthday/Christmas. Didn’t want to drill any holes in the fender. She bought this NIB not a scratch.

i don’t know how I’m going to mount my gun—looks like it will stick up too high. Divided on the look—but it matches the rear carrier. 

C4E6B4DB-B197-47A5-871C-328CCFF3B0AB.jpeg

F949E7F5-CEAC-46DF-8676-45A22ED65A55.jpeg

50920A8A-B394-4CCA-B3E1-8B2A55E232F5.jpeg

Very cool.  You said you didn't want to drill holes, but it looks like you had to to mount it, right?

• Like 1