_Wilson_™

Rare hard to find parts, and accessories

Hi Jeep

thanks very much i sorta like it.

yes it bolts to the front bumper and to the front fender mounts. You remove the fender setting bolts and replace them with 3/4 in Heavy plastic spacers. No holes—but the spacers are too short and the carrier was in contact with the fender. 
so I’m going to try and get it leveled.

0C548DB4-3BAB-4FEC-ACCE-F73E45D17933.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 3

On 8/31/2021 at 8:42 PM, Goober said:

Just installed the CMP cooler carrier my daughter bought for me for my birthday/Christmas. Didn’t want to drill any holes in the fender. She bought this NIB not a scratch.

i don’t know how I’m going to mount my gun—looks like it will stick up too high. Divided on the look—but it matches the rear carrier. 

C4E6B4DB-B197-47A5-871C-328CCFF3B0AB.jpeg

F949E7F5-CEAC-46DF-8676-45A22ED65A55.jpeg

50920A8A-B394-4CCA-B3E1-8B2A55E232F5.jpeg

@TexRed

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 12:21 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

what cmp parts are you looking for @TexRed ?

I ordered the front carrier but it never showed. So now I’m looking for both front and rear again. 

On 6/6/2022 at 5:34 PM, TexRed said:

I ordered the front carrier but it never showed. So now I’m looking for both front and rear again. 

Are you still looking @TexRed?

Not really there’s actually quite a few of the old FM meters available because they were only available in the manual shift models as an option and most people didn’t opt at the dealership to have them put on, they weren’t really plug and play because it required an additional kit and wiring harness as well as the speed sensor etc. so most people opted out which left a surplus

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AKATV said:

Not really there’s actually quite a few of the old FM meters available because they were only available in the manual shift models as an option and most people didn’t opt at the dealership to have them put on, they weren’t really plug and play because it required an additional kit and wiring harness as well as the speed sensor etc. so most people opted out which left a surplus

Do you know if they show gear and speed (like the 500 Foreman) or speed only (like the 450FM)?

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Do you know if they show gear and speed (like the 500 Foreman) or speed only (like the 450FM)?

'01-'98 450's used a speed sensor, no gear position display. then from '02-'04 they just used speed sensors as far as i know. my '03 450fm only has speed on display.

12 hours ago, AKATV said:

It showed just the speed

It was just the equivalent of the Foreman 450S display for the Rancher, only as an option

4 hours ago, shadetree said:

'01-'98 450's used a speed sensor, no gear position display. then from '02-'04 they just used speed sensors as far as i know. my '03 450fm only has speed on display.

yeah that’s how my buddy’s 04 is I’m working on.

I was curious if the add on meters for the 350 Rancher footshifts only show speed or if they show the gear too.

3 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

yeah that’s how my buddy’s 04 is I’m working on.

I was curious if the add on meters for the 350 Rancher footshifts only show speed or if they show the gear too.

Just to further clarify, the Rancher 350ES models always came equipped with a meter that showed gear position and speed

The non ES Rancher 350 models (FM) did not come with a speedometer, but it was available as an add on option when purchased

(or later on if you want to install the kit yourself )

The FM meter only shows speed like the Foreman 450S model

The complete kit part number was 37020-HN5-671ZA and its not a simple plug and play meter, as there are a bunch of additional parts needed to make it work

The kit has a harness, dash, speedometer mount, speed sensor etc... here is a link showing the kit and parts

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053dd7bf870021c54bdca6b/meter

I have yet to see a Rancher 350FM with a meter "in the wild"

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AKATV said:

Just to further clarify, the Rancher 350ES models always came equipped with a meter that showed gear position and speed

The non ES Rancher 350 models (FM) did not come with a speedometer, but it was available as an add on option when purchased

(or later on if you want to install the kit yourself )

The FM meter only shows speed like the Foreman 450S model

The complete kit part number was 37020-HN5-671ZA and its not a simple plug and play meter, as there are a bunch of additional parts needed to make it work

The kit has a harness, dash, speedometer mount, speed sensor etc... here is a link showing the kit and parts

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053dd7bf870021c54bdca6b/meter

I have yet to see a Rancher 350FM with a meter "in the wild"

I was just curious as I converted my daughters 05 350es to footshIft.

The only thing that is “off” is that the gear position showing on the display blinks an error code from foot shifting it.

If I swap to an FM wiring harness and meter I’d lose the gear indicator on the dash, so will give up on that idea 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:57 PM, Goober said:

Are you still looking @TexRed?

I am still looking. I’ve had to put it on the back burner recently but would snap one up in a heartbeat. 

I saw these floorboards on a 450S for sale locally and thought of this thread. Has anyone ever seen a set like this? Maybe Honda made? I got the best pics I could from the marketplace ad.

IMG_6156.png

IMG_6155.png

IMG_6154.png

• Thanks 1