David13

Video on Battery Terminal nuts and bolts

Here is a helpful video from a post on the other forum.

And a link.

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/threads/helpful-youtube-dealing-with-short-battery-terminal-bolts.53906/

Yes, I was going to post with this same problem.  But the basic internet search came up with this and this nice video.  

Yes, I have some plastic hose that I can fit in there to hold those nuts maybe for a full riding season.  

I had the problem with just the battery cable attachment.

But now that I have added the winch, it's more of a problem.  

Honda usually doesn't have many problems.  They do with noise on the Pioneer 500.  And this.  But actually this is Yuasa battery who has this problem.

My motorcycle has the bolts going sideways, so this problem does not occur.

Thanks Holden from back in 2015.

• Like 1

I've been doing that for years and it is a must when having more than on connector on the battery terminal.

• Like 2

same here, been doing it for years, I use zip ties that were cut off when doing zip ties for wires or cables ?, I keep a few of the drops for this reason !. i'll bend them over after I cut them short, stick them in there, then push the nut down on top of it, it keeps the nut all the way to the top on the inside.

• Like 1

I just installed a battery tender ring terminal quick connect cable on my Rancher last weekend.  With the added thickness of the ring terminal the screw wasn't long  enough to reach the nut.  I folded cardboard and shoved it under the nut. After the screw started I pulled out the cardboard.  I'm gonna use this trick when I install a winch.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Kind of like this ?? .... That pig tail also runs my steering stem mount ram spot light light, i had to use longer bolts .... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

I use the cut ends of zip ties here, theres always a few kickin around on the floor.

• Like 1

I originally used black electrical tape folded over a few times.  Problem is, it went in hard, and fell out.

I have now cut two pieces of plastic hose, a small diameter. and put them in there.  They seem to stay nicely and keep the nut to the top. 

dc