Buckchop

New honda owner/builder

Ok guys finally got a free min to post on the custom build im doing.  Hope u guys like it, feel free to ask questions or give ur imput for makeing an even better machine. 

E70D497A-F125-436F-8EC2-77BBA9FDF227.jpeg

F76D3895-9516-4587-B28E-70351EA2EFFD.jpeg

2886E2D3-01D1-4833-9A2A-E5F178564A9E.jpeg

5911CF27-4482-45D3-A0CC-DAD2C6697D6A.jpeg

D54A5FDA-65E5-4BFD-96E4-280906A0BF1E.jpeg

52D0B240-0C93-454C-B60C-922E28EC3365.jpeg

1B84061D-484C-4414-8BAC-11C8408A2A1B.jpeg

0D176098-C4F5-4A80-884B-E792923A43CA.jpeg

609028FF-4F4B-4B66-A97C-404FE8E44CCE.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

out ...freaking...standing !!! i'm not much for moding atvs ?, but man..i'm really loving this build ^^^.

Hahahaaa thanks buddy!!! Ill have to say this was a frozen, boredom, set in brainstorm for sure. Mayb some MJ in there to. Should b good for haulin fishin gear, and good for a wore out guy to get in and out of to. Hahahahahaaa 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Buckchop said:

Hahahaaa thanks buddy!!! Ill have to say this was a frozen, boredom, set in brainstorm for sure. Mayb some MJ in there to. Should b good for haulin fishin gear, and good for a wore out guy to get in and out of to. Hahahahahaaa 

just keep the pics coming..we love seeing this kind of craftsmanship !.

Very nice work !!!!   ---- I like the old school rims  

One thing I would add is a 424 kick out to the front drive shaft , think it would be fun to run in 2wd

• Like 1

I forgot to ask , what is that you started with a TRX450FM and a Tomberlyn Crossfire 

Just now, Fishfiles said:

I forgot to ask , what is that you started with a TRX450FM and a Tomberlyn Crossfire 

I think he said it was a trx400 ?, I wonder if that will be enough engine for this big buggy ?

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

yep, his intro said a '97 trx400

Tuned !! Like those rims 

One thing I would add is a 424 kick out to the front drive shaft , think it would be fun to run in 2wd

^^^^^ i agreed

TRX400 , Buckchop , here is  some info that  you might be interested in before it is over , you can take the clutch basket and primary gear out a TRX300 Fourtrax and it will drop right into that 400 and give you 14.5% reduction , that's  if you find out that need a lower gear ---- 34.5% is also achievable  , but it is not a direct replacement and requires some grinding on the case and welding on the primary gear , the clutch basket gear is a TRX300 EX attached to the 400 clutch basket , which is the same as a 450 

Wow! That thing is cool! I also would fear the 400cc isnt enough to move it fast. But if you just hauling fishing gear it will be fine im sure!

6 minutes ago, Scotticus said:

This build looks very interesting.  Nice work!  Are you an engineer?

if he's not an engineer ?..HE SHOULD BE !!!..LOL.

• Like 1

i don't know where to start. Wood stove, comfy chair, TV, custom build...... you found the the correct place for it.. It's almost like it's my garage but I don't have any custom builds going on at the moment. 

• Like 2

Im a goldminner here is Ester, 34yrs on same ground now, half a mile from the PO.  but my family been mining since 1977 around Alaska. I've built everything seems like, and for the lasy 3-4 yrs its been airplanes, have 3 flying now, one was a flyer when i got it, and built the other 2. Yea the garage/man-work-cave has all a guy would need, recliner, directv,coffee pot, fridge, microwave, plus every tool i could want, ect, but its not a wood stove, im to lazy for hauling wood, Hahahahahaaa, i spend losts of time in there in winter, and have a 6000sq ft shop here also for the planes and equipment but dont heat it in winter too spendy for fuel. 

Yea it was a 97 honda 400 foreman 4x4, and a center section from a yerfdog spider 150,  Im not lookin for speed, and dont mind the 4x4 all the time, im building it to go slow and mayb anywhere u point it so the gear redution is of intrest to me for sure. 

The yamaha is my 18yr old sons its a 81 heritage special 400, u can c him sittin in the chair in one of the pic. He is 6'2" and the youngest kid. Hahahaaaa 

Edited by Buckchop
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buckchop said:

Im a goldminner here is Ester, 34yrs on same ground now, half a mile from the PO.  but my family been mining since 1977 around Alaska. I've built everything seems like, and for the lasy 3-4 yrs its been airplanes, have 3 flying now, one was a flyer when i got it, and built the other 2. Yea the garage/man-work-cave has all a guy would need, recliner, directv,coffee pot, fridge, microwave, plus every tool i could want, ect, but its not a wood stove, im to lazy for hauling wood, Hahahahahaaa, i spend losts of time in there in winter, and have a 6000sq ft shop here also for the planes and equipment but dont heat it in winter too spendy for fuel. 

Yea it was a 97 honda 400 foreman 4x4, and a center section from a yerfdog spider 150,  Im not lookin for speed, and dont mind the 4x4 all the time, im building it to go slow and mayb anywhere u point it so the gear redution is of intrest to me for sure. 

The yamaha is my 18yr old sons its a 81 heritage special 400, u can c him sittin in the chair in one of the pic. He is 6'2" and the youngest kid. Hahahaaaa 

eeeekkkk..a Yamaha owner !..j/k, don't care for their atvs, but their jet skis are top notch !.

Mmmm thats to bad i like the 2 450 Yamaha Wolverines 4 wheelers i have they been good to me.  But ive always been a honda lover bought my first new one in 1984, honda 200x, $1845 on christmas sale, regular price $2120. Gave me enough left to buy a Simpson model 52b hemlet. Hahahahaaaa i was 14 yrs old then and had some $ from workin the family goldmine. Hahahahaaaa 

24 minutes ago, Buckchop said:

Mmmm thats to bad i like the 2 450 Yamaha Wolverines 4 wheelers i have they been good to me.  But ive always been a honda lover bought my first new one in 1984, honda 200x, $1845 on christmas sale, regular price $2120. Gave me enough left to buy a Simpson model 52b hemlet. Hahahahaaaa i was 14 yrs old then and had some $ from workin the family goldmine. Hahahahaaaa 

I would not mind getting my hands on a atc350x, say a 1986 model I think was the last year they made them ?.

9 minutes ago, toodeep said:

I think you had a typo @shadetree 1985/1986 was the years for that machine.

lol, your right..i meant 1986..opss..lol

fixed it !..lol..ty :-).

Ok guys, Question-how important is it to have the instrument cluster hooked up, mine is shot, but dont really care to install it if not needed. Or mayb an aftermarket speedo? But ive heard to not use aftermarket Chines junk on a honda. 

Also ill be looking for a few parts to finish up stuff, and to fix broken/workin stuff i dont like.  

Ing switch and key, front left brake handel that also pulls lever for reverse lockout. Just needs to pull reverse lockout.

Also very interested in the reduction setup that Fish mentioned with the change of parts from 300 to get 14.5% redution.

And r most guys buyin the SuperATV disc brake conversion for front and back? They sure proud of them huh. $229 front and $229 back. Think ill look into making my own disc brake setup for front and back. Unless u guys know a trick. Hahahaaaa

The meter is just a display,  not important. I probably would hook up a neutral and oil temp light though.  You can wire in any key switch to work and it might be easier since a switch plate will probably be custom. 

How do you plan on doing the shifter? About anything could be adapted for the reverse lock out. A foot pedal or bicycle brake lever on the shifter or ??? .