Wheeler

I'm on as well....

I made the jump... sorry I haven't been  around much.... Hunting season has taken all my time up as well as house renos.... 

Hunting is done, time for the ole Honda to get some attention now!!!!

• Like 3

So what you running in that 300 now days Wheeler , 317 >  383 stroker , 427 Rat , 429 Hemi !!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

So what you running in that 300 now days Wheeler , 317 >  383 stroker , 427 Rat , 429 Hemi !!! 

LOL... well the trucks 383 finally got a new rear main seal under warranty... the ole 300... well considering I have to split the cases this winter to replace the one side, I figure she may get an upgrade!!! I'll start a build thread when this happens! lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

LOL... well the trucks 383 finally got a new rear main seal under warranty... the ole 300... well considering I have to split the cases this winter to replace the one side, I figure she may get an upgrade!!! I'll start a build thread when this happens! lol

why do you need to split cases in order to replace an oil seal ?.

Not the oil seal Shade.. the crank case is split... Mac was kind enough to send me a set that are in great shape with no damage...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Not the oil seal Shade.. the crank case is split... Mac was kind enough to send me a set that are in great shape with no damage...

ahhh..ok. good deal !..

There are some nice motor builds going on, new stuff everyday it seems. I heard talk of someone making custom rods for the 350D crank so it would better fit the 300 cylinder. Would be a neat upgrade, keep the 2 valve head, gain 1.5mm stroke....

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, _Randolph_ said:

Dang wheeler, I guess I haven’t been keeping up like I should, what’s happened to your 300 now to make it need splitting?

I really don't know to be honest.. It started leaking oil on the right side in behind the motor mount. I found a hair line crack which I temporarily patched with JB Weld. It got me thru hunting season. Mac sent me a set of good cases, so over the winter I'm going to split the motor, replace all bearings & what not... & hopefully give the lil 300 another bump up in power! lol