Big Bird

'06 Foreman w\Champion 3000 winch

No pics of it mounted up yet. I have been looking around for a winch for a while keeping quality and budget in mind. I did find a Superwinch UT3000 cheap (new) in my area but the reviews sucked and it did not have a handlebar rocker switch.. I found a Champion 13050 (3000lb) winch kit for $119.00 Canadian. I read the reviews and they were mostly positive. I know it is not a big name like Superwinch or Warn but they have made themselves a good name. I got a cheap generator local (not running for $50.00. clean carb and no issues. runs great)

Got the winch home and ordered up a KFI 100485 mounting plate ($64.00) and a cable stop (12.00). I have to wait a couple days for that to come in. I have dielectric grease for all the connections. It is cold here and plan on doing the install when it warms up and my health is better..🙂

Edited by Big Bird
Corrected price on winch kit.
  • Like 1

There's tons of room on that model so mounting the winch is pretty easy. Routing the wires through everything isn't bad either if you tank the tank cover loose or off..

• Like 1

I installed a Champion 2200 lb on my Rancher,happy with it.I also have a Champion 3500/4000 generator that's been good.Nothing wrong with Champion they make good stuff at affordable prices.

• Like 1

I just edited the price. I had $140.00 but it was $119.00 (about $90.00 American) So it was a good deal with rocker switch ETC.

Yup looks like lots of room to do the install. I have done a bunch of electrical work in the past so this should be pretty easy. While I am in by the battery I will put in a pigtail off the battery to hook up a battery charger on it when not in use. It is a brand new battery but will be stored in a unheated garage and it can get cold here.

I am sure it will work out well. Heck the mount was $$$. LOL

• Like 1