Bounty Hunter

Howdy from Los Padres Forest

Hey ATV Honda Brothers and Sisters,

Found this site, really glad to be here! My wife of 37 years, Linda, just joined and posted here yesterday...with her 1996 Foreman (with a tennis ball as a winch stop!). I have a 1997 Foreman but its in 1000 pieces right now...getting an engine overhaul and a restoration job. 

But, I do get to ride a 2011 Rancher everyday on the big construction project we manage...a Rancher we saved from the junkpile. we bought it from a big orchard business in Bakersfield, where it had been trashed...the electrical system was cut up and fried, and nothing worked. We had to get a whole new wiring harness. Plus, we needed a 4x4 and it was only a 4x2. Soooooo, my lovely wife says "how bout you just get the parts from Power Sports Nation and convert it?"  well, we did, and the thing works perfectly. It required pulling the engine out, taking the front and back covers off, and changing out the main shaft...no big deal for a semi-experienced wrench. The rest of the build was prettty easy, the front drive and A-arm parts bolted right up. 

We use it on a 2 1/2 acre hillside construction site, where im the General Superintendent. The old Rancher has a cool little Tractor Supply trailer that can haul trash, gravel, lumber...about 500 pounds of anything. The quad has been outfitted with the standard agricultural and ranch accessory...a milk crate...and two tool boxes on the rear rack. It has a 2500 pound warn winch, and a host of winch extension lines, slings, and straps to pull, haul, and move stuff. Its a great little piece of jobsite equipment, and a blast to ride. 

I included a few pics of the old Rancher, just for fun and to say Howdy to all out here on the ATV Honda site!

Have a Blessed day and Ride Safe!

Bounty Hunter

420 at the job.jpg

420 Naked.jpg

420 Engine.jpg

420 4x4.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. The kick a$$ GMC might have been a better way to associate yourself with the better half.. lol

Hey bounty welcome to you, bet your better half talked you into joining here huh? 😆

Hey Guys, Yep...Mrs. Bounty Hunter talked me into signing up. We share a love for whole lot of stuff including ATVs and old "square nose" trucks. Linda's "Cinnamon Girl" is pretty impressive indeed...that 540 turns almost 700 horsepower. Linda and I met in a Four Wheel Drive Club 43 years ago, back when my 1977 Chevy 4x4 was new. "Old Grumpy" has a Service body, lumber rack, 36" tires and a built 468 big block that puts out a modest 530 horsepower. The Engle Racing cam is the source of the "Old Grumpy" name, although Cinnamon Girl is quite probably grumpier...😉 

Old Grumpy.jpg

• Like 1

welcome bounty hunter, your wife and you have great taste...chevy power !..lol.

welcome aboard, some nice old Chevy's, don'e see that kind of stuff around here in that good of shape, road salt has eaten most of them up!

You on any Jeep boards Bounty?  There was a guy using your handle on one of the older forums I used to frequent.  Don't remember exactly which one, but I remember the handle.

Well jeepwn69 it must be someone else, we have never owned a Jeep...but I have been using the Bounty Hunter handle for about 20 years...since i started making money as a bounty hunter. No relation to Dwane Chapman, "Dog" the Bounty Hunter...but i do have better tattoos...

Hey RanchHand420, That trailer is pretty awesome...its made by Ohio Steel, you can check them out at Tractor Supply or Northern Tool. They say it will haul over 1,200 pounds, but i usually keep it more like 500 - 600 to go up steep hills. The trailer has a cool dump feature, you stomp the lever on the tow bar and the poly bed can lift and dump the load...sand, gravel or soil, firewood, etc...exactly where you want it by pivoting the bed by its wheels. Another cool feature is a swivel on the drawbar's hitch, it allows the ATV to twist independently of the trailer, giving lots of movement on particularly rough trails. This trailer has been so useful at the jobsite, as an ATV being small and maneuverable it can go many places a pickup truck, or even a UTV cannot...including inside the house! Granted, its a huge house we are building (28,000 square feet) but I use the ATV and trailer to drive right in and move materials, equipment and supplies to various rooms. 

Had that trailer almost 8 years now...used it like crazy...and its as good today as the first day. Says something for American-Built quality.  

1 hour ago, Bounty Hunter said:

Hey RanchHand420, That trailer is pretty awesome...its made by Ohio Steel, you can check them out at Tractor Supply or Northern Tool. They say it will haul over 1,200 pounds, but i usually keep it more like 500 - 600 to go up steep hills. The trailer has a cool dump feature, you stomp the lever on the tow bar and the poly bed can lift and dump the load...sand, gravel or soil, firewood, etc...exactly where you want it by pivoting the bed by its wheels. Another cool feature is a swivel on the drawbar's hitch, it allows the ATV to twist independently of the trailer, giving lots of movement on particularly rough trails. This trailer has been so useful at the jobsite, as an ATV being small and maneuverable it can go many places a pickup truck, or even a UTV cannot...including inside the house! Granted, its a huge house we are building (28,000 square feet) but I use the ATV and trailer to drive right in and move materials, equipment and supplies to various rooms. 

Had that trailer almost 8 years now...used it like crazy...and its as good today as the first day. Says something for American-Built quality.  

Sounds handy.  Which one do you have?

Looks like they make several

https://ohiosteel.com/atv-carts/

The one we have is the model #4048P-HYB...although looking now at their website it might be an out dated model. The one closest now looks like the model # 4048PS-ATV.