Fishfiles

1990/1996 TRX300FW

This 300 is my wife's bike , I thought I had a thread on it , but must not have , it is an ongoing project : 

The reason the title says 90/96 is because it is a 90 engine , wiring harness , electrical components on a 96 frame ----it has a 250 rear end , front disc conversion , 424 kick out , 27 Swamplites , floorboards , stick stoppers , snorkeled , light bar , it has a EBC clutch kit in it , it had a 54% reduction , took it out cause the wife didn't like it , and a few other mods

I just finished some work on it today , spring fresh'ing up call it , new wheel bearings and seals , balljoints , one used knuckle , brake pads , got the choke plunger unstuck , choke cable greased , replaced missing bolt in swing arm to rear end bracket , drained rear diff which  was milky , so tapped the cap for a grease fitting and pumped it full of grease and Lucas Hub Oil mix  , the front diff was already running grease for a couple of years now , changed engine oil and filter change , cleaned and oiled air filter ,  freed up sticking foot brake ever , freed up stick rear brake drum lever , drained and tapped a broken screw in the master cylinder cap , and gave it a washing ---- it is ready to go 

OYqJllxQQl+NxpWpd5JraA.jpg

• Like 5

Last weekend I made a score at the flea market , a water proof Pelican type box for $5 , it was very dirty , so I cleaned it up with degreaser and gave it a flat black paint job , cut the handle and handle mounts off , thinking about some eyelets drilled into the sides of the box  for strap hooks to the rack , I think the wife is going to like it , you know how women are with purses , she can bring all kinds of stuff with her , maybe I'll make her the snack caddy ---  the box will be movable from atv to atv so it might come in handy for me sometimes 

W6HD90dZRN69h9vUDQK3OQ.jpg

G8uXnRJVT42kJVVsdej75Q.jpg

• Like 1

Got the wife a small water-tite storage box and mounted it on her 300 

FE+D75P%SSyVDOT9K99bAg.jpg

• Like 1

I found a old pic with some Outlaws on the wife's 300 , she didn't like them cause they would grab the sides of the ruts and pull the handle bars out her hand , but it sure does look good 

fullsizeoutput_415.jpeg

• Like 3