Higdond

Valve inside fuel pump housing 2012 rancher 420

Hi guys. Glad to be here. I’ve managed to loose a valve bulb looking part after replacing fuel pump. I’ve looked up diagrams of it and can see it put it ,itself is never listed. And secondly would it run without it? (Trying to get it on trailer) Went down way off the trail and attempts at getting it out pulling it with another has been useless with so much rain in Ga lately. Thanks in advance. DH 

Welcome to the forum. From the description I can't place what part it is. Can you place it on any of these images?

flfilterreplacement2.jpg

Welcome higdond, if you can make a post in the New Members area to introduce yourself.  Always nice to get to know the new members here......

Thanks toodeep. In the second picture on the left it’s the silver cap looking thing up near the top. It’s held in by a retaining clip. You’re going to think I’m crazy but I had a trail camera on the 4 wheeler and a couple of coons paid it a visit and my parts pile was scattered and this thing is MIA so to speak. I’m in panic mode because I know next the field mice and wire chewing is coming up next. BCSman- I’ll definitely introduce myself on new comers page. Thanks guys!

i don't know which model you have for the trx420 ?, but i looked at the fuel pump for a trx420fm, and from what i seen ?, you may have to buy the whole fuel pump just to get that one part !. for future reference ?, please post you full make, full year, full model please, reason: there are more than one model for yours..ty ! :-). 

I've never removed that part or inspected it. I think it's a one way for the vent and if it is, it's needed. You'll probably run long enough for a short trip without it but fuel will block the vent and then the flow will be restricted. If I didn't throw away all my junk pumps I might have one around.

• Thanks 1

Oh man. That sounds like my luck. I should have known that when I couldn’t find it listed in parts section. Thanks for y’all’s help. 

9 hours ago, Higdond said:

Oh man. That sounds like my luck. I should have known that when I couldn’t find it listed in parts section. Thanks for y’all’s help. 

lol, yeah...even though we can take parts off parts on atvs ?, honda designed them so we can't buy each little part of that part ?..THEY WANT YA TO BUY THE WHOLE PART !..LOL.

• Thanks 1