I did some research on lsd's and learned about 'chatter' and using the proper oil, but before i just Throw in some additive i have a bad oil seal thats been bugging me. Any tips on removal??

sae 80 hypoid oil from honda is what i use ... never had an issue ... i would avoid adding additives ... to the front dif .. due to the clutch pack.

• Like 1

A few ideas on removing the seal , a oil seal removal tool works well , or a big screw driver or pry bar ,  or drill a hole into the seal , screw in a screw and use a slide hammer or vise grip that  screw and yank , pry and beat the vise grip to get it out , another method would be to use a screw driver and a hammer to  bend the end of the seal in , then get the screw driver in the gap and pry out 

• Like 1

Nice. thanks fishfiles. Kinda used all all the tips you gave me and got it out. Ready to slide in a new seal. But one more thing is it a bad idea to flush it out with some desiel or leave it a little goopy 

25 minutes ago, RanchHand420 said:

1598907877273.jpg

do not flush it out with anything !. only good way to clean it out  ?, is split it, clean it out by hand. you do not want to get anything in the friction disk other than gear oil !.

• Like 3

Ok leaving it be. I was having trouble breaking the other bolts loose on the diff. Aniway. Otherwise i probably would have done a total rebuild. Ill just put it back together when i get the new seal