LedFTed

micky trap

i checked my trap. no smell in trailer. i didn't have a dipstick, so i used an arrow. i couldn't see in the dark motor oil, but there was two bodies. best mouse trap ever!!

maybe i'll take the old oil to recycle at auto-zone. Do they take lumpy used motor oil? lols 😀 😀😀

Edited by LedFTed
had too
  • Like 1

dang mice are a scourge!!!  always getting into my travel trailer..no matter what I do...I keep sticky traps, etc in there and check them regularly...and always have a couple.  I've cleaned and cleaned, put slices of Irish Spring everywhere..the whole camper smells like a soap factory.... dropping moth balls on the ground all around the camper seems to help some..there's no food, nothing left in the camper to attrack..but they'll chew up a paper towel, an old rag, pieces of insulation etc..anything and everything to make nesting.

they get into the bass and guitar amp cabinets, into the glove box of the golf cart !!

we have a solid population of hawks, owls, snakes, fox..and the neighbors cats..you'd think it'd be tough being a mouse...and yet they just keep coming.

• Like 1

electronic sound devices , emits  a ultra sonic noise that rodents don't like 

tried those....nope.

camper forums have a lot of chatter about various solutions...and agreement is that of all the stuff that "barely works"...the slices of Irish Spring bar soap tend to help the most...likley cause it masks any old scent from prior mice in habitants.

I'm not in a very talkative mood ..... But moth balls (as you mentioned ) you might also try peppermint spray ..... The stronger the better ..and add bacon, and peanut butter to those sticky pads. 

Edited by _Wilson_â„¢
  • Like 1

yep...pnut butter on the sticky pads, and spray bottle of really strong peppermint  AND mothballs, AND major cleanings in the camper that I do wtih all sorts of cleaners to disenfect and deordorize (carpet/pet stuff) etc...and still they come...amazing.

hope you feel better Wilson

I spend about a $100 a year on poison (switch it up with different brands from time to time) and feed them good. This year has been the worse so far around here, first time I had one in my house.

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

electronic sound devices , emits  a ultra sonic noise that rodents don't like 

i'll hav to put an electronic device on my shotgun then. 😀

• Like 1

Mom had a double-wide. she has gone on to the other side. i had strip's of duct work sheet, folded at 1/4 inch, so as not to over lap the vinyl siding, attached them to the house. butted the 1/4 in, up to the siding. i had to use steel wool on the corners. it stopped the mice from coming in.

I use a commercial grade poison container that holds 8 blocks of poison. 1 in each garage and 1 on the hunting shack deck. No mice.

59 minutes ago, PROV said:

I use a commercial grade poison container that holds 8 blocks of poison. 1 in each garage and 1 on the hunting shack deck. No mice.

close as i can get is black cat. they about quit selling in retail stores. must be PITA. pain in the wazoo 🙂😀 😄

4 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

close as i can get is black cat. they about quit selling in retail stores. must be PITA. pain in the wazoo 🙂😀 😄

They have lots of it at our fleet hardware type stores.

On 3/3/2020 at 8:25 PM, PROV said:

They have lots of it at our fleet hardware type stores.

can ya go online?

Try the site for L&M Supply. Located in Minnesota. Their first store started here in town. Unless there are restrictions I'm sure you can order online from them.

IMG_20200305_083214622.jpg

IMG_20200305_083305805.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, LedFTed said:

Mom had a double-wide. she has gone on to the other side. i had strip's of duct work sheet, folded at 1/4 inch, so as not to over lap the vinyl siding, attached them to the house. butted the 1/4 in, up to the siding. i had to use steel wool on the corners. it stopped the mice from coming in.

+1 on the steel wool.. I had forgotten to mention I also do that on any gaps,etc...I'll try some of the tomcat bait...I worry a poisoned mouse might make a poison meal for an owl/hawk, but yeah...it won't hurt my feelings to obliterate the entire species here on my property.

I switch from Tomcat to jaguar and then another brand our local coop has. I've had good luck with all of them. With the jaguar they don't seem to stick as bad if they die in a wall or something. My cat (outdoor) will not mess with a poisoned mouse for some reason. They must know something is off about them.

• Like 1

I have heard them talk about  some stuff they get around here for rats , I think it may be called Talstar , they say you poison the rat and it dies , the possum eats the dead rat and the possum dies , the buzzards eat the dead possum and the buzzards  die 

For rats (I don't have that issue) we usually put it directly into the hole and then tamp it shut. Most of the time they stay home, forever.

We just to get "Just one bite" and use it at the granary.  Dang rats there were the size of small cats!

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I have heard them talk about  some stuff they get around here for rats , I think it may be called Talstar , they say you poison the rat and it dies , the possum eats the dead rat and the possum dies , the buzzards eat the dead possum and the buzzards  die 

sound's like a plan. 🙂

11 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

We just to get "Just one bite" and use it at the granary.  Dang rats there were the size of small cats!

i'll look it up too. me and my cousin tried to put a cat in a 55 gallon drum, was a rat at the bottom. we were bout 11. cat would have no part of this. we got scratched up. lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

If it's the same talstar ... I use ..... Yeah.... It would kill them, no problem.... talstar p..... But i think you might talking about another type of talstar  pioson...the stuff i use completely wipes out fire ants ... I reckon you could dose .... What ever the rodents are feeding on .... I'm all for thinning down the buzzard population ... As their a very protected species around  here.... They Go right for a new born calves eyes .... Farmers around here have had it with loosing new born calves... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All dat talk 'bout them rats , yesterday I was walking into the local diner for some breakfast and thought I saw a rat by the front door , it was a baby  water rat which we call a nutria , I had half the restaurant outside taking pics and checking him out , he was kind of cute , not the best pic ----- 

N+AcdnKsSsqqR2bRjiGhbg.jpg

On 3/6/2020 at 7:21 AM, Fishfiles said:

All dat talk 'bout them rats , yesterday I was walking into the local diner for some breakfast and thought I saw a rat by the front door , it was a baby  water rat which we call a nutria , I had half the restaurant outside taking pics and checking him out , he was kind of cute , not the best pic ----- 

N+AcdnKsSsqqR2bRjiGhbg.jpg

they as bothersome as regular rats