Welcome to the board.  Have you adjusted your valves?  If you have fuel and spark, the only thing left is compression, which could be from a sticking or otherwise "off" valve.

Another possibility would be a sheared flywheel key that would make your T mark not be in the right place relative to the crank.

• Like 1

Welcome. Are you saying your T mark is at the bottom of the hole when the piston is at TDC?

• Like 2

Hi: Big welcome here -- this may help with a couple of picture of a 420 --- line with notch

T Mark (1).jpg

T Mark (2).jpg

Edited by Melatv
  • Like 2

Did you look on the threads?

Edited by Melatv

The notch should be right on the threads right side 

What are you using to try to line up the mark to verify TDC? Piston at TDC or timing marks on the cam?

I brought the piston to the top and the pushrods are lined up with one another and also in the roundabout area of the T and F Mark correct? I'm going back together with it right now after a top-end rebuild

the line UNDER the T mark, should line up with the line in the threads that run from outside to inside on the inspection hole, its made into the threads.

1 hour ago, Rancher-mudd-junkie said:

Screenshot_2020-03-04-14-17-36.png

impossible !!!, the line is either on right hand side, or left hand side of the threads. no way in the world is the notch at 7 o'clock like your saying.

20 minutes ago, Rancher-mudd-junkie said:

I brought the piston to the top and the pushrods are lined up with one another and also in the roundabout area of the T and F Mark correct? I'm going back together with it right now after a top-end rebuild

So when the __ mark is in the middle of the hole the piston is no longer at TDC?

12 minutes ago, shadetree said:

impossible !!!, the line is either on right hand side, or left hand side of the threads. no way in the world is the notch at 7 o'clock like your saying.

I would have thought that it is impossible myself but the pictures do not lie and I know I'm not the smartest crayon in the Box But there again it is not where it's supposed to be LOL

Looks to me from the pic they machined the groove in the wrong spot in the threads. From the pic it is 100% in the 7 o'clock position? Thats not the right place for sure. It should be 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toodeep said:

So when the __ mark is in the middle of the hole the piston is no longer at TDC?

Yes it is still at TDC but could it be a notch or two off if it is not exactly TDC 

1 minute ago, SlammedRanger said:

Looks to me from the pic they machined the groove in the wrong spot in the threads. From the pic it is 100% in the 7 o'clock position? Thats not the right place for sure. It should be 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock.

that's what I'm saying it is definitely not where it's supposed to be I was just confused and wondering if maybe someone has ever seen or ran into  this rare phenomenon before LOL