LBZ

ATC250ES “Albino”

Starting on my Honda Big Red build soon. Gathering parts and pieces as we go. Stripping a parts bike frame down this weekend for powder coat and planning to build from that. Plans are 18% Reduction Boss GR, 350cc Big Bore kit from JR Trikesports, 28-29.5 outlaws for now.

The first piece came in the mail today!!! Custom run white Maier Fenders.

506BB491-694F-4CD4-94DD-327EF92001FB.jpeg

• Like 4

This is going to go well with my Pioneer 1000, 2016 420 Rancher and 2019 Duramax. I’ve just got a thing for white vehicles....lol

95ADBD05-CB1D-495E-9CD1-058345BD7D1A.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

and what ALWAYS goes with white ?..MUD !!!..LOL.

Mud is my favorite to ride in

AA925C9C-DFF9-492E-BFD1-9F61304102A8.jpeg

• Like 1

Are your doors attached to the lower doors? I like the white on the wheelers but not as much on the vehicles. The BR should look good with it. I don't think I have posted these here but have in other places before.

sdcon7.jpg

sdcon8.jpg

• Like 2

Seizmik Upper doors, they swing and open with the factory doors. My sons trx90 is next to get some white fenders, his reds are really faded from the previous owner leaving it outside.

Going to be nice !  ---- I went to the JR Trike page to check them out , here is the link https://www.facebook.com/JRTrikeSports/  -- they produce some  top quality products --- the one thing that caught me eye and made me laugh was the new sticker #F--- GregJunior !!!

Is it the 352 kit you are going with , never seen their 350 kit 

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Going to be nice !  ---- I went to the JR Trike page to check them out , here is the link https://www.facebook.com/JRTrikeSports/  -- they produce some  top quality products --- the one thing that caught me eye and made me laugh was the new sticker #F--- GregJunior !!!

Is it the 352 kit you are going with , never seen their 350 kit 

I haven’t decided yet. Just know I’m doing a big bore kit on it. 

Out with the stock gears and in with the new. Custom no weld Reduction Boss 18% and EBC clutch kit going in.

12D8D711-45E9-47B3-B394-6CECD2FBB24D.jpeg

35DB8161-2AEB-4AB6-A589-A19AF85B6C00.jpeg

• Like 3

Are you going to use the springs that came with the EBC clutch kit , I am sorry I used the HD springs  in my 450 , although the springs might make the clutch grab better , it is a lot harder to shift on my foot , I have the same clutch in my other 450 with the stock springs and it shifts so much easier , it tells you on back the EBC package , " if you don't like the shifting to disassemble and change springs back to stock " , just a thought to ponder 

21 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Are you going to use the springs that came with the EBC clutch kit , I am sorry I used the HD springs  in my 450 , although the springs might make the clutch grab better , it is a lot harder to shift on my foot , I have the same clutch in my other 450 with the stock springs and it shifts so much easier , it tells you on back the EBC package , " if you don't like the shifting to disassemble and change springs back to stock " , just a thought to ponder 

I’m going to use the stock springs. I don’t think I’ll need the stiffer springs for just a 18%

• Like 1

18% GR installed this weekend, was able to modify the cup to keep the neutral light functional. Sanded racks down and painted with bedliner spray. Tires being mounted today, 28x11x14 Zillas on MSA Diesels.

• Like 3

Neutral light mod was a sweet thing  , a neutral light is something I have seen in a long while ---- where's the pics ,  LOL  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Neutral light mod was a sweet thing  , a neutral light is something I have seen in a long while ---- where's the pics ,  LOL  

I'll get pics this afternoon when I put the tires back on. I totally forgot to take a pic of the installed reduction before I put the side cover on, LOL

• Like 3

Deleted the front brake, don’t see the need for it on a slow moving mud/yard bike and it looks better to me. Needed a spacer to take up the space where backing plate was, determined that the sleeve was steel inside an aluminum housing, took it to the press and pressed the sleeve out.

724FB407-0269-4974-A46D-2A4AEFA0E5EC.jpeg

2575D2C7-8BD4-4595-AA3F-09E2D55CBF33.jpeg

Edited by LBZ
  • Like 2

28x11x14 Zillas all around on MSA Diesels. 2.5” spaced in the back. Also put new 250SX shock boots to cover the extended forks up. Got new fenders on and getting paint mixed to paint tank and forks tomorrow. Body shop buddy of mine is going to shoot the tank and forks for me.

AB7DB585-F002-41A4-B0BE-0BAB242DB811.jpeg

• Like 4

Looking  real good !!!  Like the tires and rims ----  Are floorboards in the future , I think they would look good , maybe some custom ones --- you got the light for the front , I have some 85-87 TRX250 Fourtrax lights might work , removable to work like a hand held ,  would be a pass it forward kind of thing 

11 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Looking  real good !!!  Like the tires and rims ----  Are floorboards in the future , I think they would look good , maybe some custom ones --- you got the light for the front , I have some 85-87 TRX250 Fourtrax lights might work , removable to work like a hand held ,  would be a pass it forward kind of thing 

I’m working on a custom plate to mount 2 7” led bars in that headlight cage. Have a set of trx300 floorboards in the shop, have thought about trying those but will probably end up getting my buddy to fab some for me.

LEDs will be nice ----  some black rubber rear fender flares might kick it up a notch , looks like there is a lip on the edge , might be able to take a clipping from some 300 early model smooth flares ---- I am jealous !!!! 

What you think about them hand guards , in white of course 

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

LEDs will be nice ----  some black rubber rear fender flares might kick it up a notch , looks like there is a lip on the edge , might be able to take a clipping from some 300 early model smooth flares ---- I am jealous !!!! 

What you think about them hand guards , in white of course 

Id like to find a set of the metal tubing hand guards but haven’t been able to find any for sale yet. I got the maier flares that go on these fenders but the tire doesn’t stick far enough out for me to want to put them on. Probably need a 3.5” spacer to make it look right. Going to leave them off for now till I look at it a while, lol

F7B5A32B-C97F-43D7-8F3D-2FEDC2777A85.jpeg

I like them flares , I would think a set of 1 inch spacers would be close to right , you want to keep them tires covered and save them pretty while plastics , LOL 

• Like 1

There’s already a 2.5” spacer on the rears Fish. I’m thinking I’d need a 3.5-4 to make it look like I want to with those flares on it. Future plans are

a set of 29.5 or 31 outlaw wides. With the side lug they have I think I’d be ok with the flares.

Trying to figure what to do with the tail lights now. I didn’t have any in the other fenders and people are proud of them on eBay. 

• Like 1

Didn't realize you had 2.5 spacers on there already --------   I run 2 inch spacers  on my 300s with the 250 rear ends , and 5/2 rims ---------  maybe some Outlaw 3's and maybe some 5/2 offset rims , the rims you have there look like 4/3  , it might shorten the spacers and still move it out ??? 

You not kidding the rear light assembly is up there in dollars , I did see a NOS lens with screws and bulbs for a decent price , if you could either find a good base or build your own base 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1987-Honda-ATC-250ES-Big-Red-Tail-Light-Lens-Bulb-Screws-Kit-HONDALINE-ATC/113168411383?epid=0&hash=item1a595ceaf7:g:X~4AAOSwPhdVGvUA