AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

20 hours ago, retro said:

I agree @Dfactor, we are very fortunate that AKATV chooses to hang around with us! Thank you for your review! Stick around and have fun, we're a friendly bunch!

You can say that again.

• Like 1

Hi AKATV! I need a foreman rubicon 500 2003 LCD as mine is broke. See pictures. I just change the polarized film and it looks like new but only a few hours because next morning the LCD looks just like this:

IMG_2695.jpeg

It seems like I applied a lot of force to the screws holding the LCD bezel and it cracked. Any chance you may have an LCD for this 2003 TRX500FA3?

Thanks!

Art Garcia.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:41 AM, jeepwm69 said:

I've decided that someone here needs to come up with a clear film that we can stick to the 500 meters with the imprint on it.  That way you can fix 500 meters, and we can just lay the clear film over the top with the imprint on it.

Walaa!  Fixed 500 meters!

Of course, I have no idea how to do that, or how hard it would be.  I'm only good for ideas, not implementation.

I did it with a sharpie 🙂 it looks just fine enough much better than nothing. 

• Like 2

I have a 2003 Honda Rubicon 500, my dash screen is really hard to read. Is there someone that can be recommended to repair this? It does not have GPS on it.

4 hours ago, artgarcia said:

Hi AKATV! I need a foreman rubicon 500 2003 LCD as mine is broke. See pictures. I just change the polarized film and it looks like new but only a few hours because next morning the LCD looks just like this:

IMG_2695.jpeg

It seems like I applied a lot of force to the screws holding the LCD bezel and it cracked. Any chance you may have an LCD for this 2003 TRX500FA3?

Thanks!

Art Garcia.

Hi

Good job on the polarizer replacement, sorry to to see that your LCD cracked on you

I pretty much only work on the the Rancher 350 and Foreman 450 speedometers,

so unfortunately, I do not have an LCD glass for the Rubicon

You might be able to find a cheap parts speedometer on ebay that might need to have the film redone

I see them from time to time I will keep an eye out as I am always looking for parts

Also possible, a member on the forum here might have something kicking around as well

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AKATV said:

Hi

Good job on the polarizer replacement, sorry to to see that your LCD cracked on you

I pretty much only work on the the Rancher 350 and Foreman 450 speedometers,

so unfortunately, I do not have an LCD glass for the Rubicon

You might be able to find a cheap parts speedometer on ebay that might need to have the film redone

I see them from time to time I will keep an eye out as I am always looking for parts

Also possible, a member on the forum here might have something kicking around as well

Thanks for your reply AKATV! I hope to get some @cutsham reply. If he unfortunately can't fix his console, I'll happy to buy him the broken one from cutsham

I would think that it should fit no problem

I see this has one GPS and yours does not, so obviously that will not function

The rest should be relatively all the same

I would compare wiring harness and colors to see if they match yours (minus the GPS wiring)

You could ask seller to provide the GPS module as well and upgrade your ATV to a GPS model

• Like 1

Partzilla shows that a standard (non GPS) 2004 display will interchange with all 2001-2004 Foreman Rubicons:

Meter

The GPS option was not available previous to 2004 though, so the harness might be a bit different? That meter displays MPH rather than KMs too. I am guessing that it would work though.

18 hours ago, retro said:

Partzilla shows that a standard (non GPS) 2004 display will interchange with all 2001-2004 Foreman Rubicons:

Meter

The GPS option was not available previous to 2004 though, so the harness might be a bit different? That meter displays MPH rather than KMs too. I am guessing that it would work though.

Great found retro! if NON NAVI 2004 fits 2003 then 2004 NAVI must fit 2003 NON NAVI I think I only need to buy the GPS module. I'll research a little bit more only to be sure it will fit. I appreciate your contribution.

• Like 1

Just wanted to give an update on a screen I had repaired by AKATV. The repair time was really fast he had it done the same day that he received it! So the total time it took to get it back was less than a week after I shipped it out, and the communication was awesome. The screen looks great and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The before and after pictures speak for themselves. Thanks again AKATV!

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/10/2021 at 2:21 AM, Ruby Luvr said:

Ok, do you know where I can get my cluster repaired on my 03 rubicon?

0207211410b_HDR.jpg

0207211410a_HDR.jpg

I can most likely repair this for you, as it appears that your top film with markings appears to be good

I have sent you a message with contact information if you would like to get it done

Hi

I can get you taken care of, no problem

I just need a little more information and maybe a picture or two here to see what’s going on 

-Which model and year is your ATV?

-What are you display issues that you are having?

I have sent you a message with my contact information as well

AKATV

• Like 1

Hello AKATV,

2000 Honda Foreman 450S speedo display needs help.

Let me know if this is something you can help me with.

Thanks,

Speedo.jpg

Hi

Its hard for me to tell if you have a damaged LCD glass or not

The "black ink" spots usually means a failed LCD glass, which would have to be replaced

The S models are more prone to this type of LCD failure, for some reason

Is the black area just as noticeable with the illumination off?

It MIGHT be some water intrusion or just a really weird bit of sunburn to the polarizing films

Being an S model, I would say the LCD panel has failed as its just too common

But if you could disassemble it so we can get a better look at it, I can better tell if it has failed

Let me know if you need any help with disassembly

I am out of repair parts (glass mostly) at this time and am currently looking around for parts units 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 8:52 PM, SittyDown said:

AKATV could you PM me? I have a circuit board needing repaired! Thank you!

PM sent

• Like 1

AKATV,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Im in the garage now and will post better pics shortly.

AKATV,

Take a look at these and let me know if they better for you to see whats going on.

With illumination and without.

Prior to today the MPH, Mileage and time were were showing on the screen, today they are not??

Thanks

Speedo 1.jpg

Speedo 2.jpg

Speedo 3.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 8:52 PM, SittyDown said:

AKATV could you PM me? I have a circuit board needing repaired! Thank you!

PM Sent

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THH said:

AKATV,

Take a look at these and let me know if they better for you to see whats going on.

With illumination and without.

Prior to today the MPH, Mileage and time were were showing on the screen, today they are not??

Thanks

Speedo 1.jpg

Speedo 2.jpg

Speedo 3.jpg

Thanks for the pictures looks like you have a combination of UV damage and a failed LCD glass

Unfortunately I am out of parts to repair LCD glass, as I have no more parts units

I am trying to ask around and see what i come up with and will let you know if I come across something that will help you out

If you are able to get a second parts unit I can rebuild you a working screen, even if parts unit has UV damages/Sunburn

• Like 1