AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

I just recently bought a 2000 Foreman trx450es that the speedo doesn't work at all,  nothing,  can you send me your contact info so I can get it sent to you to be repaired? Thanks

Sure no problem

It would help to see a picture or two of the display

Will it illuminate when you turn headlights on?

Contact information sent

To be honest,  it'll be about a week before I can answer,  I just bought it,  but my brother went and picked it up for me as I travel for work.  In the ad it said it was not working,  I'll make some pics when I get home,  I haven't even seen the bike in person myself,  lol. 

No problem, I can get you taken care of just let me know what you find out

I have a Foreman 450 ES with UV burnout on the speedometer also.  Everything works on the display, I just can't see it! You sure would make my day if you can repair it.

DCS308, he just recently repaired mine and did a FANTASTIC job! You won't be disappointed. 

Here's a before and after, he even replaced my neutral light of which was burned out.

12374.jpeg

12756.jpeg

Edited by Tac1968
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DCS308 said:

I have a Foreman 450 ES with UV burnout on the speedometer also.  Everything works on the display, I just can't see it! You sure would make my day if you can repair it.

Hi DCS308, welcome to the  forum! 
I can repair it for you no problem

Post a few pictures if you could

I sent you my contact info as well

AKATV

10 hours ago, AKATV said:

Hi DCS308, welcome to the  forum! 
I can repair it for you no problem

Post a few pictures if you could

I sent you my contact info as well

AKATV

Here is what I got, I will shoot you a text.

IMG_1936.JPG

Hey folks sorry for bringing an old thread back to life but this was the most helpful info I’ve got on my problem. So I have a 2004 Honda foreman es I’ve done a full rebuild on it and the last thing for me to fix is the display. I’ve already removed the polarization film thinking it was just sun damaged but in doing so found out the screen has a crack through it. I can still see the display when it’s at the right angle and I does work when it’s hooked up. My main question is will it work with new film and if not is there any way to buy just the internal glass display?D7F03C7A-E96F-45C8-8ADB-92A15C23F047.jpeg

26488938-14D4-47AE-B538-CA06ACC76FF0.jpeg

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately with the crack your LCD will not function properly and you cannot order just that part

I had a few parts units a couple months ago but I’m fresh out of glass for the Foreman  450ES

I would check on eBay or Powersportsnation and see if you can buy a nonworking one to salvage the glass from

I’ll keep an eye out and see if I can find one for you as well

AKATV

I do have a Speedo from a 450es (I believe 2003) that I cannot use. I purchased it for my S I hopes of replacing the glass but there not interchangeable. I think the board is bad but the glass looks in great shape. I paid $150 for it would like to see that out of it. 
PM me for pics and shipping quote etc. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you. If you can find one let me know I’ll gladly pay you for it.  Should I still get new film if you or I can find one?

15 minutes ago, Alberta Will said:

I do have a Speedo from a 450es (I believe 2003) that I cannot use. I purchased it for my S I hopes of replacing the glass but there not interchangeable. I think the board is bad but the glass looks in great shape. I paid $150 for it would like to see that out of it. 
PM me for pics and shipping quote etc. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don’t think that one will work I have the 4x4 

I generally find that most of the used ones out there need to polarization films replaced or are in bad shape but if you keep an eye out you can generally find a good parts unit for around $40 dollars or so

4 hours ago, AKATV said:

I generally find that most of the used ones out there need to polarization films replaced or are in bad shape but if you keep an eye out you can generally find a good parts unit for around $40 dollars or so

That old display that you picked up that doesn’t have the 4x4 led is the glass for that compatible with my display 

Well, I have to tell you. I could not be more pleased with the outcome of my speedometer that AKATV brought back to life! I am tickled to death.  Good job my man, good job.

Before.JPG

After.jpeg

• Like 1

You are very welcome!

Glad to hear that it made it back safely

and thanks for the kind words

Take care and hope to see you around here from time to time 

AKATV

11 hours ago, AKATV said:

You are very welcome!

Glad to hear that it made it back safely

and thanks for the kind words

Take care and hope to see you around here from time to time 

AKATV

We need to make another trip up that way.  Been in your city one time, it is beautiful.

I can get you fixed up no problem I sent you my contact information

one thing to take notice of is that your neutral and reverse light should not be on at the same time

I have a 99 foreman 450 es , display is out can you look at and repair. Looked for a new one but can't find one. 
Please send contact info and I will send you a message and any info needed. 
Thanks 
Salineriverman

Hi Saileriverman and Welcome to the Forum

I replied to your previous message and sent my contact information to your message box

I can get you fixed up no problem

I just need to know what the repair is that is needed

Post a few pictures and let me know what exactly you have going on

Check you message box and you will find my contact information

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

@AKATVdo you happen to have a picture showing the capacitor ratings on the lower left of the display for a 2003 Rubicon 500?  My display was working then quit. I pulled the dash apart and found the 3 capacitors in the bottom of the case. Thanks 

I can double check the ratings for you and give it to you tomorrow

it’s pretty common for those capacitors to vibrate loose due to poor solder quality and vibration

If you have an iron you can just solder those same capacitors back in place

• Like 1