AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Thank you for the guidance, let me check this out and I will reach back out. Much appreciated.

New to the forum .I have a 04 rancher350es 4wd that needs the display repaired,can u message me your contact info..It has sun damage. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum

I should be able to get you taken care of no problem if it’s just sun damage

I’ll send you my contact information

if you’d like to post a few pictures here or send them to me directly I can get you taken care of

AKATV

9 hours ago, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum

I should be able to get you taken care of no problem if it’s just sun damage

I’ll send you my contact information

if you’d like to post a few pictures here or send them to me directly I can get you taken care of

AKATV

Thank you ill get pics as soon as I get home from work.

Great pictures!

They really helps a lot to determine what you have needing repair

Also,if you are able to turn headlights on so the display illuminates, it 

helps to see if there are any bad spots on the LCD or corrupted or missing data

It appears that you just need to have your LCD polarization films and backlight filter replaced

4 hours ago, AKATV said:

Great pictures!

They really helps a lot to determine what you have needing repair

Also,if you are able to turn headlights on so the display illuminates, it 

helps to see if there are any bad spots on the LCD or corrupted or missing data

It appears that you just need to have your LCD polarization films and backlight filter replaced

Thank you whatever it needs. Trying to fix up this 04 rancher for my wife to ride.

I’m assuming this is a Foreman 450ES?

Looks like you’ve dropped programming and your circuit card needs to be disassembled and re-programmed I can do it if it’s something you’re interested in I’ll send my contact information to your message box

Great work @AKATV

Think ya could decipher/read the data on a Talon eeprom for mileage?

I bought a 2020 Talon with busted meter

I was able to read eeprom chip after removal but I can't turn that data into miles.

I don't mind sacrificing or using one of my good talon displays with known mileage to help figure it out or even get more displays with known mileage if it helps

The easiest way to read the mileage on the broken speedometer if you have removed the EEPROM chip is to simply swap the EEPROM chip onto another working Talon meter. 

On November 22, 2021 at 12:45 PM, shadetree said:

like the fix, loose the blue gloves...afraid to get finger nails nasty ?..lol.

blue gloves ?? @shadetree remind you of someone ? cmanningjr MAYBE ?? lol! sure would like to get him over here! 

AKATV, this is off a 03 Honda 350ES 4x4 the film has been removed but it does light up with ignition on. Can it be repaired?

8228A82E-A97B-42DA-B347-06532FC84132.jpeg

8A62E934-B11D-41DB-A606-FF9C8EC79323.jpeg

I have a speedo from a 1998 Foreman 450ES I would like to have restored. Can you send info. I can separate the cover from the base. Is there a trick?  Thanks Jeff

CDD4BD92-5639-4CE9-BC83-606CB419FD98.jpeg

On mine there were four screws as you can see on the pics above. They are covered by round plastic disc that you remove to get to the screws.

If you remove all the screws on the back of the speedometer and then you can insert a thin blade in between the two cases and gently pry them apart you need to go gently and use something thin

the rubber gasket gets a little dried out and it makes the cases stick together

Try not to gouge the cases or the rubber gasket so you won’t have a sealing issue to help keep water out

You need to remove that circuit card from the back plate and ship just that to me I’ll send you my contact information to your message box

Hi welcome to the forum!

I am currently still repairing these

If you could post your year and model for this and possibly take a picture with the headlights turned on so that the display is illuminated a little better, I can better assess what repair you need

I will also send my contact information to your message box as well

Hey are you still repair these units? I have one off a rough 1999 foreman 450es.   Ill attach some pics. The indicator lights work. The screen illuminates. I took it apart and removed the film in the lens so I could see it working and it did work. Although it would only display in neutral. In 1st gear it would turn off the LCD. Although in 2nd it would come back on.  Now it's too the point I can barely see it displaying. But I mean barely.  I have this unit. And i ordered a parts/non working unit for a 98 ES off eBay I'm gonna look at.  This one had the cover busted and left to the elements for a long time I'm guessing and the board doesn't look so good. Though I'm not expert. Think this one could be repaired or do I need to wait and inspect the one I got coming. 

IMG_20220412_221407602.jpg

IMG_20220412_221414665.jpg

IMG_20220412_221422814.jpg

IMG_20220412_221434433.jpg

Hi

Thanks for the good description and posting the pictures

looks like you’ve got some considerable water water damage to the circuitboard

If it was currently working,it might be repairable although the water damaged boards have a high failure rate later on down the line

But,if you’d like me to get an estimate or evaluate whether it can be repaired I can do that as well or you can send it all to me and I can make you one good working card, whatever you like to have done 

Just let me know I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

• Like 2

Hello, I’m new to the forum and I see you do speedometer repairs for the 450es’. I just picked up my first 4 wheeler a few weeks ago and tried to fix the screen myself using new polarizing film after seeing a write up online. I went from being able to see my screen partially to nothing at all. I believe I may have went down too far when trying to remove the top layer of film. Is this something you are able to fix? If so, could you please provide your pricing. 
Thanks, Tim

06B36865-6FA0-4F7A-BB69-D1DD76758537.jpeg

F65FA7F2-4F77-4F5C-A18C-E996282E8709.jpeg