AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum! 

I can get you squared away no problem did you remove the front  film or the rear?

Do you know if the glass is damaged at all

now?

I can get you taken care of either way I’m going to send you my direct contact information to your message box and we can work out the details

Welcome to the forum Jdwells1

I got your PM and replied to it as well

I have a 2004 Honda Foreman 450 ES, and my display is the same way, you just can’t read it, what would it cost to get you to fix it, and do I just pull it off and ship it to you or what? I had it off today looking and it’s been wet inside, and the screen is just no good, but it shows to all be working, you just can’t reed it!

If you could send me a picture with the back light illuminating the screen I can tell a lot more about what you have going on also if you can send me a few pictures of the water damage that would be helpful

if it’s working I can clean up the circuitboard and I can also repair your screen for you if you want

I’ll send my direct contact information to your message box as well

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, AKATV said:

I just finished repairing a speedometer display with heavy sun UV burnout for our member LedFTed this morning

I wanted to show results of UV damage repair, other than the reprogramming that I do

Before and after pics below-

my phone reflection in 2nd picture- not screen defect .....😊

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

Hi welcome to the forum

Glad to help you out but

I need a little bit more information about what you’ve got going on so we can determine repair costs- maybe post a few pictures or a little bit more information about what you’re speedometer is doing or not doing and we can sort it out

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me directly as well

33 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Hi welcome to the forum

Glad to help you out but

I need a little bit more information about what you’ve got going on so we can determine repair costs- maybe post a few pictures or a little bit more information about what you’re speedometer is doing or not doing and we can sort it out

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me directly as well

This is all it does 

C7DC9AAF-3964-4F9A-BC36-1DA89358B893.jpeg

I can fix it for you no problem looks like you’ve got sun damage to your polarization films and back light filter

I sent my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me we can work out the details for the repair

15 minutes ago, AKATV said:

I can fix it for you no problem looks like you’ve got sun damage to your polarization films and back light filter

I sent my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me we can work out the details for the repair

Dump question. But I’m new to this how do I get to message box

24 minutes ago, Joshua david said:

Dump question. But I’m new to this how do I get to message box

The envelope on the top right of the page is the message box 

Let me know if you’re able to find my message I sent to you with my contact information 

We can work out the details of the repair once we get it all sorted out

I have a 2002 Honda Rancher 350 FE with problems with seeing the display meter. wanted to know if AKATV Could help me.

Thanks

George

speedometer.jpg

Hello need to get a 2000 foreman es speedometer to akatv. How can I do that?

Just like this- lol

I will send contact information to your message box

New to forum, been monitoring this thread for a while. Would like to get a quote for costs of repair. @AKATVcurious to get your take on my screen issues. Doesn’t seem I can message yet due to account age. Maybe posting this will help. 

Thank you. 

Welcome to the forum!

I need a little more information on what you have going on, a picture or two helps a lot

I can most likely repair it for you 

I will send contact information to your message box as well 

AKATV

I tried to get as clear of a pic as I could. You hopefully can see that the meter does work but I can only see anything at an angle in the right light! I'm hoping this is one you can fix as Honda has discontinued. 

20220527_084153.jpg

20220527_084243.jpg

20220527_084125.jpg

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the pictures, your display just looks like it has common sun and UV damage that has faded your LCD display

I can repair it for you if you want

Also, you might want to check and make sure that that crack or mark on the front display doesn’t go all the way through and isn’t going to allow any water to get inside

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Hi and welcome to the forum

let me know how I can help you and what you need done

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Jumping on the bandwagon to see if a screen is repairable by the talented @AKATV. 2002 Rancher TRX350TE, was the in-laws and sat in a field uncovered for 10 years to rot. I cleaned out the tar from the gas tank and put a new carburetor on it and it runs as good as new! But the screen is dead, smoked, looks like burnt fish skin... Only the red oil light would come on when first starting it. No neutral light or anything else. I will try and post pictures. 

Welcome to the forum!

I can most likely get you taken care of, but I would probably need to see a little bit more detail on what you have going on

Post a few pictures and it would probably help if you remove the top cover of the speedometer and just take a picture of the internal circuit card

I will send my contact information to your inbox as well

Edited by AKATV

@AKATV I'm not sure how this forum works just yet as I'm brand new, but I sent you a PM about this topic as well. Whatever you need to advise about getting it fixed up let me know and I'll get it to you ASAP.

Thanks!

Edited by JSehon