AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Welcome to the forum!

I do still repair the Rancher 350 and

Foreman 450 displays

Post a few pictures with your headlights turned on, so the display is illuminated

I will also send my contact information to your message box

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Are you still fixing LCD screen with sun damage 

@AKATV , he will be along to help you !. please post a pic or two of the display lit up if you can get it to light up ?, he will need to see what it looks like ?. thanks !.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BFM said:

AKATV, do you still repair meter screens for a 2002 450ES

I do still repair these -mainly the Rancher 350 and the Foreman 450

Let me know what you have going on and post a few pictures like Shadetree said above and I can get a better idea what you have going on

I will send you my contact information to your message box as well

• Like 1

I just finished installing the repaired screen film and new top case. Im more than pleased with the outcome.  Thank you @AKATV for the extremely professional service. From the communication, the turn around time, and the work itself, there are alot of companies that could take notes from you.  Thank you again.  The job couldnt have went smoother.  For anyone curious if its worth working with @AKATV, I will certainly vouch for you. 

20220929_173757.jpg

20220929_174200.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sure I can’t quite tell what’s going on but let me know what it is doing or not doing for you

you can clear that front cover temporarily by spraying  some WD-40 on it

is your inner display faded?

I sent my contact information to your message box as well

Edited by AKATV

Looking for some help fixing my faded display on my foreman es. From what I can tell the polarization film is burnt. What can be done to fix it?

72AB5D45-C436-453E-AEE5-3976664A57F1.jpeg

Hi and welcome to the forum! 

I can repair this for you if you want 

I will send my contact information to your message box also

Hi @AKATV - I've got a 2000 TRX450ES with non-working display that I'm hoping you can help with. The display turns on, but nothing shows up. Unable to shift the unit. Is this one that you can possibly rebuild? Its surprisingly clean inside. Thanks for your insight!

IMG_20221011_172643480.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zonnen said:

Hi @AKATV - I've got a 2000 TRX450ES with non-working display that I'm hoping you can help with. The display turns on, but nothing shows up. Unable to shift the unit. Is this one that you can possibly rebuild? Its surprisingly clean inside. Thanks for your insight!

Welcome!  You have another issue if you are unable to shift through the gears.  You can ride them without the display plugged in.

Edited by 99450ES
Greeting

7 minutes ago, 99450ES said:

Welcome!  You have another issue if you are unable to shift through the gears.  You can ride them without the display plugged in.

Thanks, @99450ES. We are working through a number of things with this machine. The display is one of many on the list, but definitely needed. Lol. It's been a mess. Got the oil leaks resolved at least!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zonnen said:

Thanks, @99450ES. We are working through a number of things with this machine. The display is one of many on the list, but definitely needed. Lol. It's been a mess. Got the oil leaks resolved at least!

Nice! I'm picking away at mine as well. Always something to mess with if you look hard enough lol.

5 hours ago, Zonnen said:

Sure I should be able to help you get it taken care of if you could plug it in and show me a picture of it with the display illuminated it would be quite helpful

I will send  my contact information to your message box as well

11 hours ago, AKATV said:

Sure I should be able to help you get it taken care of if you could plug it in and show me a picture of it with the display illuminated it would be quite helpful

I will send  my contact information to your message box as well

The display lights up, but nothing shows up on it currently.

IMG_20221011_171633363.jpg

If you remove that top cover I can get a better look -you’re going have to remove it anyways if you want to send me the circuit card for repair 

Once you remove the top cover take the same picture with a close-up on the display still plugged in and still backlit

@AKATV I just bought a 1999 (?) Honda Foreman 450es 4x4 & the speedometer lcd is damaged (sun damage?). It may be another issue altogether but the neutral green light (& maybe red reverse) will not work on the display. I was interested in finding out more about having the display repaired.

I’m awaiting delivery of a replacement solenoid at the moment (battery is reading good voltage but it has to be jumped off). The electric shift buttons won’t work either (bad angle sensor maybe?) but it can be shifted by foot.

57D6847E-433C-4201-A7BF-A2F0C24C5ED8.jpeg

66055407-C484-4F75-A00D-A5D142CAD344.jpeg

The green LEDs for neutral are common to burn out, but the red LEDs almost never go bad so you might want to check your gear position switch on the rear of your motor for your reverse

Download the Honda Factory service manual here on the forum and you can troubleshoot your gear position switch and associated wiring

I can repair the LCD display if you want to send it to me

I’ll send my contact information to you so you can contact me and work out the details

I can most likely help you out but I  need more information on what you have going on with it

Take a picture or two with your headlights turned on so that the meter is backlit and I can get a better idea of what you might need to repair it

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Sure I’ll send you my contact information a couple pictures really helps a whole lot

I sent my contact information to your message box

AKATV

Edited by AKATV

Just like that-lol

Welcome to the forum!

I see that you sent a picture to my message box -I can get you fixed up no problem

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV