AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the picture, I can get you taken care of and I have sent my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum.
If you could post a picture or two, it might be a little more helpful and see what you actually have going on.

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

Welcome to the forum!

No problem I will send my contact information to your message box

Thanks for he pictures

It looks like the display has prettty standard Sun/UV damage to the polarization films on the LCD

If it is not displaying speed (changing from zero MPH) it could be a bad speed sensor (common issue)

or it could be a bad diode in the speed circuit on the circuit board, I see that from time to time as well

I sent my contact information to your message box  as well

Hello I'm new here but I need my cluster with sunburn fix does anyone know the part number I need or where I can get it from thanks 

I do a few repairs on these from time to time 
There really aren’t any available part numbers to repair them as Honda never originally sold repair parts and they have currently discontinued most of the older foreman 450 ES and rancher 350 ES speedometers

If you’d like to contact me for a repair I’ll send my contact information to your message box or if you have any additional questions or need any other information just let me know. 

• Like 1

AKATV fixed mine, i would have em do the work.. 2000 Foreman 450es. it was sun burned..

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

Hello I'm new here but I need my cluster with sunburn fix does anyone know the part number I need or where I can get it from thanks 

Aloha to another Mr. Fixit….2002 Honda 350 ES

My screen just went totally blank one day as well as the engine DOSEN’T want to keep running for more than a minute or so…

it’s def not a fuel issue!!!

would any of the electronic components cause both issues at the same time.  No damage, sun or other to the screen, always stored inside and low time on the machine…. IS THAT COMMON?
I work on Outboard Motors a lot here in Hawaii… There are some motors that will not run properly if 

the tach or some other unrelated component shorts out or just quits working.  FRUSTRATING

Let me know what ya think about my screen, No lights, No nothing,

ll at once.  Thanks much, Renzo 

Aloha and Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a power issue possibly-

hopefully not water damaged

you need to have 12 volts on the black wire with brown tracer and 12 volts on the red wire with black tracer with the key on (green is ground) for the meter to power up properly

check for corroded pins at the harness plug and make sure to check your fuses as well 

Edited by AKATV

4 hours ago, AKATV said:

Aloha and Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a power issue possibly-

hopefully not water damaged

you need to have 12 volts on the black wire with brown tracer and 12 volts on the red wire with black tracer with the key on (green is ground) for the meter to power up properly

check for corroded pins at the harness plug and make sure to check your fuses as well 

I will definitely do those things and a Big Mahalo for that, Renzo 

I am trying to restore my 99 honda foreman...but I can't find anyone to fix my speedometer. 

If you have a li k I could pull up or a lead..it would really spark some progress.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I do quite a bit of speedometer repair on these. Let me know what you have going on with yours and we can work out the details.

It helps to post a few pictures of it powered up with the headlights turned on so the back light is illuminated on the meter

I’ll also send my contact information to your message box.

My instrument cluster was taken out and taken apart by the previous owner. I would like to get it gone through and refreshed and put back new, but leave mileage and hours the same. I will attach pictures tomorrow.
Thanks

Jeff

Welcome to the forum

OK  thanks I’ll keep an eye out for the pictures

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Hi Chris welcome to the forums!

I answered the message that you sent me.
Hope to see you around!

AKATV

I too could use some direction. If you would message me your info i would like to resch out to you a out speedo work.

Hi and welcome to the forum! 

I’d be glad to help. I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV