AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

12 hours ago, Clarion said:

@AKATVdo you happen to have a picture showing the capacitor ratings on the lower left of the display for a 2003 Rubicon 500?  My display was working then quit. I pulled the dash apart and found the 3 capacitors in the bottom of the case. Thanks 

Hi Clarion! I have a 2002 Rubicon 500 PCB. It works fine the only problem it's the LCD. I can check capacitor specs and if you want I can sell you the PCB if interested. 

Edited by artgarcia
I change 2003 to 2002 for accuracy

I have a 2001 Foreman 450ES with a faded LCD display screen that I would like repaired. 

@AKATV - could you send me a message with contact and quote details?

Thanks all!

-Matt G.

null

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Matt G. Welcome to the forum!

I’ll be glad to help you out, I sent you my contact information and we can work out the details.

Don’t forget to stop in the new member section and say hi to everyone

Thanks for the welcome guys! Want to brag on AKATV for repair of my speedometer. Super fast same-day turnaround, excellent customer service with questions, and prompt updates upon receipt, pics of repair, and shipping back out. Fantastic contribution to this forum! 

• Like 2

Hi GaryTod and welcome to the Forums!

I can get you taken care of no problem.

Thanks for posting a couple pictures as

it helps a lot to see whats actually going on

I sent you my contact information and we can get it taken care of

-AKATV

Hey AKATV same issue with lcd on my 1999 Honda foreman 450es.  Can you email me contact info.  Thanks 

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the forum!

I can get you squared away and have sent contact info

Dont forget to stop over to new member area and say “Hi” to everyone

See you around 

AKATV

New owner of 2000 TRX450ES just joined this forum. Need to get my screen fixed if can be. There is a crack across the center top to bottom of the LED

IMG_20210904_214703863.jpg

IMG_20210910_235128413.jpg

i was going to comment on the welcome thread that your meter looks like it might need some attention.... @AKATV is the man to see out, be sure to keep us updated on your repairs. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum!

I can get you taken care of, its a bummer that LCD is cracked as that is kind of the hard part to source

I am out of glass at this time (again) but will look around to see what I can find

I sent you a message with my contact information as well

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 10:36 PM, AKATV said:

I can double check the ratings for you and give it to you tomorrow

it’s pretty common for those capacitors to vibrate loose due to poor solder quality and vibration

If you have an iron you can just solder those same capacitors back in place

That would be great. Mine were actually corroded and pretty rusty. I have ordered replacements but not sure which ones go where. Thanks 

Wondering if @AKATV can make suggestions or help with my 2000 Foreman 450S Speedometer.

Recently bought Foreman 450S and speedometer did not work when purchased. Previous owner doesn't remember how long it hasn't worked. 

Neutral and Reverse lights work.

Gear indicator does not work at all.

Speedometer and odometer do not work, but light up with key on. (speedometer stuck on "0", odometer stuck on 1944)

Clock only works when key is turned on. (does not keep time when key is off)

Thanks for any help!

Have enjoyed reading through the forum.

2000 450S.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Seems like you have a few things going on but at least you don’t have the “black ink of death spots” on your display LOL- these are very common on the 450S speedometers and cannot be repaired 

Just shooting from the hip -I would say since your mileage and speed  Isn’t working I would check your speed sensor as they commonly go bad

The 450 S does not show gear position on their speedometers only the 450 ES, so that’s not an issue with your speedometer

There are two power connections that go to the speedometer cluster and if one of them is bad the clock will not hold time and will reset every time you shut the key off

Make sure you’re not unhooking the battery because if you unhook the battery it will not hold time

Sometimes I also see this issue if someone uses a China replacement ignition switch as well

I can tell you where to check for power at the speedometer connection if you have a multimeter -you want to make sure you have 12 V or battery voltage at the black with brown tracer wire  and the red with black tracer wire

Let me know what you find out

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 3

Thank you for the suggestions. I have a co worker who will help me troubleshoot using your advise, Ill let you know what we find out.

Appreciate your help!

I'm making this a sticky on the electronics page since so many people are coming here looking for meter repair.

I sent this burnt up 420 meter to @AKATV last week.  Got it back yesterday (to Alaska and back, in under a week.....)

Anyhow, he got it cleaned up and back in the mail super quickly, and as you can see, it now looks perfect.

burnt meter.jpeg

fixed meter.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, AKATV said:

I just finished repairing a speedometer display with heavy sun UV burnout for our member LedFTed this morning

I wanted to show results of UV damage repair, other than the reprogramming that I do

Before and after pics below-

my phone reflection in 2nd picture- not screen defect .....😊

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

Hello,

I would like to have this service done.  How do i reach you?

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

Hello,

Like  this !! 

@AKATV

Welcome to the forum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Robert said:

Hello,

Hi Robert welcome to the forum!

I need a little bit more information on what make and model you have and what deficiencies you have with your speedometer

Maybe post a picture or two

I’ve also sent you my contact information so we can work out the details

• Like 1

I have a 2003 Honda Rubicon and the speedometer display doesn’t show everything! It has some display but not all. Was wondering if you could fix it?

On 8/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, GaryTod said:

@AKATV can you help me out with fixing this screen on my 2000 Foreman ES? Thanks

20210829_161129.jpg

20210829_161059.jpg

Having the same issue on my 2004. Clear cover is good but UV screen is shoot. Digital display still work fine. 

Ozarkrvr3 and kswampy

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I should be able to help you out

Please post a picture of what your display looks like, so I can narrow down what you have going on

I have sent you both contact information as well

AKATV